Phantis Forums

Toronto Raptors

Never mind. I saw in another topic where you mentioned that you're from Boston. I don't know what your fixation with hating on Toronto is but it's sad one way or another.

By the way, it's "loser", not "looser".

I don't hate the Toronto clubs at all!

It is my observation that the last 10 years that I have leaved in this city NO PRO TEAM HAS EVER WON ANYTHING!

Unlike Boston that I spend 23 years of my life, they practically win(any team?Red Sox,Celtics,Bruins,Patriots) every year or every other year!

This city of Toronto is jinxed when to comes to their pro sports!

When was the last time ANY PRO TEAM(NBA,NHL,MLB) FROM TORONTO WON ANYTHING?

I am not disputing the craze about the fans in Toronto! They are wonderful and every Pro team deserves to have fans like that!

You are telling me that the last team that won anything was 22 years ago!

This is truly amazing!

People spending a tone of money in tickets watching LOOOOOOOser teams that go nowhere!

I had the chance to go watch a raptors game against milwakee a few weeks ago with a friend of mine!

Yiannis A.(can't spell his name!) was playing for milwakee and it was an opportunity for me to see him playing.

It was a close game that the raptors eventually lost.

We had a good time since it was entertaining to watch not only the game but the entire NBA way of doing things!

They put on a good show!

Needless to say,I cannot justify paying $140 for a seat!

I also cannot justify paying $78 for 2 roast beef sandwiches and 2 beers!

Highway robbery if you ask me!

Edited by Lamiara ole

Maybe I am very spoiled coming from a winning city called BOSTON!

Like I said,being here 10 years and have NOTHING TO SHOW IN TERMS OF SILVERWARE, is a bit odd!

By the way.the Argos owe a lot to a QB named Doug Flutie coming from Boston College and a native of Natick Massachusetts!

How many championships did this Boston boy win for the Argos? Do you have any idea?

In terms of tickets and venue/oulet food prices, Toronto has the highest in the world!

They literally take your shirt. It is catered to the rich and not the regular Joe Shmoe?LOL

Just take a look at your beloved LOOOOOOser leafs and what they charge for tickets!

They easily find "KOROIDA" TO PAY FOR IT!

THEY ACTUALLY LINE UP FOR THEM,SINCE ALL THEY KNOW UP HERE IS "hokey"!

I simply cannot justify paying that kind of money for tickets for any pro team ESPECIALLY THE ONE THAT IS LOSING YEAR AFTER YEAR!

And I am not the only one!

Edited by Lamiara ole

My friend we are talking about Toronto! A major Metropolitan area and not nashville or oklahoma city!

Have you realized that it HAS BEEN 22 YEARS SINCE ANY OF THE SO CALLED TORONTO PROFESSIONAL TEAMS HAS EVER WON ANYTHING?

Are you really proud of the fact that these teams have NOTHING TO SHOW IN TERMS OF SILVERWARE FOR THE LAST 22 YEARS OF THEIR EXISTENCE?

Forget the argos and the rock! They do not count!

Ticket prices and the cost of attending a major sporting event is absolutely relevant to our discussion!

I have a friend who was a Leafs season ticket holder(he held 2 tickets), who sold them because of the mere fact this team was going NOWHERE!

The fact remains that this Toronto town harvests  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER TEAMS!

Put that in your brain and KEEP SUPPORTING ALL OF THEM!

You should go further by asking a PRICE INCREASE!...Ti allo tha akousoume?

This is not bashing but the ACTUAL TRUTH!

If by any remote chance YOU CAN'T STAND THE TRUTH...YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

Another thing!

Chicago,LA,Boston, NY are major Cities and they have a lot to show in terms of Winning Pro Teams!

Toronto has very little to show my friend,eventhough it is considered to be a major city!

I wonder what the teason for that is?

Do you have any idea?

Edited by Lamiara ole

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...