Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

@Blackhawk - yeah I realize the Football League is in even more dire straights, which supports my theory that the SL should be like the Belgian/Austrian top flight, with max 10 teams, which gives you enough time to do a playoff at the end of the regular season. It also makes the top flight and the lower divisions stronger because the teams are not so diluted. 

Have you all seen the proposal of the so called "middle 11" teams regarding elections, compensation and selection of referees, etc.? I think it's a good starting point for the discussion, but the ideas still need work. 

http://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/SuperLeague/aytes-einai-oi-protaseis-twn-11.3984860.html

AEK and Atromitos both received a 3 point deduction from the standing along with fan ban and monetary fines for the crowd trouble during their game, which also included a stabbing among other things. I guess if you try to kill someone, you also get a two point discount.

• Like it 1

What's interesting to me is the fact Olympiakos clearly has the most to lose by a Grexit. They are the only ones raking in E20+ million annually on the Champions League market pool.

In pure dollars yes Oly has the most to lose. But I think aek/pao/paok/panionio/astera etc. need the Europa pitance more than Oly needs 20-30 mil of CL money for one year. We can recoup that loss from transfers. Pao especially needs a few mill badly, which is why they sold their top scorer for chump change.

Sure he does, but the fact that nobody has heard from him since 1996 strikes me quite strange. There are more qualified past PAOK presidents that sport-fm could have asked their opinion concerning the matter, but I guess they would not like their answers that they would like to propagate.

No Grexit!!!

EPO and Kontonis after apparent backdoor deals made by Marinakis, Alafouzos and Melissanidis agreed to resume the cup competition in order to avoid the punishment from FIFA.

Part of the deal is that EPO will drop their case in the Supreme Court concerning the Greek Cup

In return Kontonis will lift the ban on the Greek Cup

Also EPO agreed to follow FIFA rules concerning people with criminal charges against them withing their ranks (apparently 7 people will be kicked out from EPO)

Greek Cup games will be played without fans (or with students in attendance only)

If the final is between Olympiakos and AEK, it will be called by a foreign referee

All in all we got 7 low level scapegoats that will pay the price in order to get this deal done, and it will be business as usual.

PAOK is still debating on what to do with the return leg.  If we don't show up for the game we face a 3 point deduction from the next season of Superleague. 

One way is to send the U20 or U17 team, which will mean we will get clobbered by Olympiakos. One way around it is to send the youth team and then claim quick injuries to players. Run out of substitutions and then when the number of players falls below 7, the referee has to stop the game without PAOK being at fault.

Where did the theory of "back door" deals by Marinakis Alafouzos and Meli come from?

Don't get why PAOK don't go play the 2nd leg, one goal from PAOK and its game on, I know the 1st leg was bad but now after all this drama there is no way the same things will repeat themselves.... They really should've appointed foreign refs for all kypello games and not just if its an AEK vs Oly final.

Where did the theory of "back door" deals by Marinakis Alafouzos and Meli come from?

Don't get why PAOK don't go play the 2nd leg, one goal from PAOK and its game on, I know the 1st leg was bad but now after all this drama there is no way the same things will repeat themselves.... They really should've appointed foreign refs for all kypello games and not just if its an AEK vs Oly final.

Pretty sure it was recorded as a 0-3 loss for us, since it was abandoned.

Really?? I don't think it was given as a 0-3? If its past the 60th minute or something then any result stands in terms of an abandonded game. I don't recall hearing about EPO awarding it as a 3-0 to olympiako, our punishment was the points deduction and fine.  I could be wrong though 

Edited by paokarag4

^^^ megale I hope he keeps to his word and they don't go and that will show others its time for change....