Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

1 hour ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

A couple of possible scenarios....walk away,   or after getting relegated dropping the team to division 3.

Why would he want the team relegated or the club in division 3? If it was to clear the debt, i thought you had been bought by some rich consortium from Asia? i never realised that he was still in control of the club?

I'm not arguing with you, i just don't understand the situation.

If he really wanted to do that he would have dropped the team before this season, but then by a miracle Tsipras came in with a nice TV revenue bonus that he would not be able to get in the amateur division. 

16 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

Alafouzo is still waiting for Tsipras....they were negotiating a debt package for the taxes owed around 19 million....reduced to 10 and paid over 10 years....not happening.  And the Athens alive project,  not moving fast enough.  That said maybe Dimitri is in on it.   So at the end of the day,   it looks like a inside job.

What is he waiting for? For Tsispras to gift Panathinaikos 19 million? If the guy really cared for Panathinaikos he would have paid it off himself, but no he even made the fans re-paint paint the stands.

If he really knew what was better he would have sold it off too, I don't believe that both the Asian and both Giannakopoulos and were not serious about acquiring the team, I believe that Alazoufos is just too arrogant and proud to sell it off, delaying everything until the other person loses interest. Or he simply doesn't want to sell Panathinaikos as he might have long term profit oriented motivations. He doesn't want to sell and he's trying to portray himself as messiah whos trying to save Panathinaikos.

Edited by Nilaul

Government incentives? Like what, tax breaks for Alafouzo ?

Panathianikos racked up huge tax debts and now the owner is trying to avoid paying this tax bill and blaming everyone else for it? He trying to sell the club for more than anyone is willing to pay and according to you, is trying to get the club relegated for some weird reason?

I don't quite understand what the government is doing wrong here or why you feel aggrieved... Or am i missing something?

Can you also clarify what incentives you would like to see?

Edited by DunfermlineAthleticPAOK

2 minutes ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

I don't care.   I'm just writing what I have read about the Asian.   The Asian didn't get what he wanted from Tsipras....that BTW had nothing to do with PAO.   From what I understand it had to do with resort investments  in southern Greece. That said,  foreign investors are still waiting for the Athens alive project in which Dimitri is involved.    

Now getting back to what you said....Alafouzo sinking the team to the lower divisions is weird?    How much money did AEK right off 90 million?    What about ARIS....I'm hearing 30 million.   So what part of that is weird?  And I'm not asking for anything....don't really care how bad it's in Greece....they simply deserve all of it.    Just to give you a example of how it works over there....the Canadian government together with a investment com   The company has already taken to the supreme courts in Greece and won....but the Tsipras government overruled it.   Anyway it's a 2 billion dollar suit.   You havpany in Canada,   will be suing Greece soon....they already started the process.  This has to do with agreements signed 5 years ago in gold mining up in Thessaloniki.e a lot to learn about Greece my friend.   It's all a s%$#! show. 

So because the Asians dint get free reign or favorable deals on a holiday resort, they pulled out of the PAO deal? It just shows you they don't care about your once great club and so were only using it as a bargaining chip.

I still don't understand how being relegated means you are debt free? your going to have to explain that one to me. Are you talking about taking the club into administration and then getting relegated by the authorities as punishment?

This isnt the place for discussing non football related issues but since you brought it up here's my 2 cents worth on that situation..

Good riddance to the gold mining company from Canada, they probably tried to take advantage of the situation in Greece and exploited this to gain Greek resources. My understanding from reading about it a year or two ago was that the local population of the area that would have been affected were against the mining and for once, government listened  but I'm willing to be corrected on this subject.

Lucky its not a company form the US or Greece would be needing liberated and given democracy via a proxy war.. isn't that how it works regarding natural resources belonging to other countries when it comes to governments in the great continent of North America?

Playing the devil's advocate are we....Canada doesn't need Greece....it's Greece that needs foreign investment.  

Anyway it doesn't matter what the anti globalization freak Tsipras wants....the EU is taking over the matter,   there's trade deals in place so Tsipras and his communist cronies will not succeed.   The company hasn't gone anywhere,  and will mine it dry.

I like how Tsipiras and his cronies are the sources of all evil, yet all these systems existed before them. Same s%$#! happened with Nea Democratia , and Pasok and their cronies. So don't be happy that the government is changing, you're just going back to the people who caused this mess originally. 

Edited by Nilaul

Ok. The verdict of the PAO - OSFP game:

94,500 euro fine for PAO;

2 games behind closed doors for PAO;

a 3 point deduction of the table for PAO in this season;

the game must be restarted at the point it was abandoned (around 70’ and OSFP leading 0-1).

Question 1: Does this verdict make sense compared to others verdicts?

Question 2: Will ref Fritz be there again for only 20 minutes?

19 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

Playing the devil's advocate are we....Canada doesn't need Greece....it's Greece that needs foreign investment.  

Anyway it doesn't matter what the anti globalization freak Tsipras wants....the EU is taking over the matter,   there's trade deals in place so Tsipras and his communist cronies will not succeed.   The company hasn't gone anywhere,  and will mine it dry.

Correct me if i am wrong but am i right that the local population is against the project and am i also right that previous mines around the north have also caused health issues to the populous living there?

I just actually read that the company was not agreeing to comply with Greek environmental regulations. I guess money over morals is what you are in favour of? They want to redirect the water system, as well as destroy huge amounts of ancient forest and use techniques that would involve harmful chemicals (cyanide etc) being used and polluting the local area and further afield. Also the building of a hazardous waste dam on an active seismic fault line.. sounds great.

Good riddance, I say. 

Anywaaaay......Back to the football before this gets moved to a sub-forum. Has there been an outcome on the punishment or who was at fault and what really went on?

9 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Ok. The verdict of the PAO - OSFP game:

94,500 euro fine for PAO;

2 games behind closed doors for PAO;

a 3 point deduction of the table for PAO in this season;

the game must be restarted at the point it was abandoned (around 70’ and OSFP leading 0-1).

Question 2: Will ref Fritz be there again for only 20 minutes?

Ah perfect timing.. Thanks!

Seems ridiculous considering the claims of weapons/knives, people being attached etc. 

Yet we all know what happened last year after paper gate etc.

I told you....they're not playing Alafouzos games.  Let's see if he comes up with the 5 million in a week and a half,  for next seasons licensing....you my friend have a lot to learn about Greece.   Nothing is straight,  and it's always crooked and murky.

I’m sorry but  you have lost me again. What outcome was he wanting?? It seems to be just another case of one rule for P.O.K and another rule for everyone else. 

Btw Do you have to be condescending towards me in every post? You do realise that It doesn’t validate any of your points or make you right? 

4 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

The problem with that question is that you are trying to make sense of judicial decisions in Greece on any level (criminal, athletic, etc.). The laws in that country are badly written and randomly and selectively enforced. Actually I should say they are well written, but with  loopholes so they can be randomly and selectively enforced depending and who is involved.

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

I already mentioned that the perpetrators identified,   were employed by Alafouzo,   and head of security.

Jesus Christ... can you stop trolling for 2 mins and just answer a straight question? You are like a politician. 

If not -3 points, What outcome was you dear leader wanting? 

Is this to much to ask from you? 

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The problem with that question is that you are trying to make sense of judicial decisions in Greece on any level (criminal, athletic, etc.). The laws in that country are badly written and randomly and selectively enforced. Actually I should say they are well written, but with  loopholes so they can be randomly and selectively enforced depending and who is involved.

I think you have nailed it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Aris vs Panathinaikos this weekend. Should be an interesting one - Aris is in 4th place, which would be big for their EL participation (or at least, chances of qualification). Atromitos, who is in 5th, plays them next weekend (while having an  easier game on Monday).

Otherwise, Xanthi-AEK and Panaitolikos-Olympiakos are going down on Sunday. Not much danger of the standings changing, though I guess if AEK loses their next two games they could end up worried. Very unlikely.

• Like it 1

AEK is coming 3rd, it's done and dusted. They've been itching to play us in the cup final and get a shot at "redemption" so they'll be more than ready by the time the game rolls around, assuming of course we both take care of business in our respective 2nd legs. 

Aris v Atromitos battle for 4th is interesting. I give the slide edge to Atromitos, although the form Aris has been in, hard to seem them not getting something out of the game when next weekend. 

Do we think the relegation battle is done? Apollon is gone, Leveadiakos looks gone (they've risen from the dead before) going to be tough for OFI to stay up. PAS battling with another 3-4 teams to avoid the relegation play-off, might be something that ruins our unbeaten season when we go there on the last day. Especially if we do a heavy rotation ahead of the final and they're playing for their lives

• Like it 1

I don't think I ever shared this here before, but a member of my vast twitter family (lulz) sent me this months ago - VERY interesting stuff: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/super-league-greece/

As for the specific teams - OFI is a goner. Their remaining schedule is brutal. First vs Giannina (their best chance at a win and the only way they can even start to close the gap)...then vs PAO, Asteras, and Atromitos. If they got a win and a draw out of those last four games, it would be a minor miracle. On the plus side, perhaps our loanees will get a few more games in.

Giannina, meanwhile, plays Asteras, Panionios, and PAOK. Equally unlikely to win any games...but even if they lose to OFI, they'll still end up a point ahead of them and into the play off.

For my money, the Aris vs Atromitos battle is the one to watch. I do think Atromitos is the better team, and I'm still half expecting Aris to announce bankruptcy anyway.

I can't see Levadiakos overtaking Giannina (or even OFI). They have Asteras, Panionios, PAOK, AEK. Woof.

Looks like it's almost a done deal. next season will take place with 14 teams in Super League. That means 3 teams get relegated directly and one has a chance to remain if they defeat the second team from Football League. 

Next season will see the creation of Super League 2 which will have 12 teams. The Football League will become the third professional league with 14 teams.

Still no news on what format the new leagues will utilize. We will most likely see playoffs in Super League again.

22 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Still no news on what format the new leagues will utilize. We will most likely see playoffs in Super League again.

Really hope they do not split the 14 into, two groups of 7 at a certain point... 

• Like it 1