Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Nilaul said:

I don't think it was @DunfermlineAthleticPaok who constantly tried to derail the thread. 

Thanks for clarifying. We (me and JVC) have never seen eye to eye, we just come from different perspectives. He has always had a problem with where I come from though for some reason.  

@Nilaul from growing up in Athens, how did you come to supporting PAOK? I always find these stories fascinating. Was it a family thing, friends or just a rebellious streak? 

As much I  enjoy gavros losing, I want to win this championship rather than them losing it, if that makes sense? Especially after what happened last year.. the most satisfying thing would be for us to go unbeaten and for Olympiakos and AEK to win every game. 

50 minutes ago, Soprano76 said:

@Nilaul PAOthegreat linked it in his edited comment. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. 

From the perspective of someone who wants to see Greek football clubs succeed in Europe, it is probably best that OLY gets the 2nd CL spot given that they will probably do more with that opportunity.

You're not wrong but it shouldn't be like this. Olympiakos is the reason (the main one at least) why Greek football is like the way it is.

• Like it 1

55 minutes ago, Soprano76 said:

@Nilaul PAOthegreat linked it in his edited comment. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. 

From the perspective of someone who wants to see Greek football clubs succeed in Europe, it is probably best that OLY gets the 2nd CL spot given that they will probably do more with that opportunity.

I want oly to be embarrassed at every opertunity and never want them to have any success. I also enjoyed AEK getting 0 points. Although I did support them against Celtic. I never want our rivals to do well. Μόνο ΠΑΟΚ!!!

Edited by DunfermlineAthleticPAOK
  • Like it 1

No they didn't. 2009-2010 season you averaged 27k.

So because your millions of fans are not interested we should make concessions and pump money towards your club to get the millions back on board? That is actually the job of the club's owner not anyone else.

"No big clubs,  just PAOK, Atromitos together with PAS"

You are delusional. PAOK right here right now is a bigger club than Panathinaikos. They are the 2nd biggest club. They are financially sound with Olympiakos, have the 2nd highest average crowds and 2nd highest social media followers in Greece. That is a fact. Your method of 'millions of pao fans not interested' is quite frankly void. 

Edited by SydneyPAOK
  • Like it 2

3 hours ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

I want oly to be embarrassed at every opertunity and never want them to have any success. I also enjoyed AEK getting 0 points. Although I did support them against Celtic. I never want our rivals to do well. Μόνο ΠΑΟΚ!!!

I suppose that's fair. Although PAOK is my favorite Greek team, I'm not the die hard that most people on this forum would consider themselves. I'm the type that places the health of Greek football overall above all else. Say what you will for past ills, but Olympiakos are one of the few teams in Greece that can be somewhat competitive in Europe. Besides, it helps out PAOK at the end of the day; a better country co-efficient eases the road to the CL group stages. 

2 hours ago, SydneyPAOK said:

No they didn't. 2009-2010 season you averaged 27k.

So because your millions of fans are not interested we should make concessions and pump money towards your club to get the millions back on board? That is actually the job of the club's owner not anyone else.

"No big clubs,  just PAOK, Atromitos together with PAS"

You are delusional. PAOK right here right now is a bigger club than Panathinaikos. They are the 2nd biggest club. They are financially sound with Olympiakos, have the 2nd highest average crowds and 2nd highest social media followers in Greece. That is a fact. Your method of 'millions of pao fans not interested' is quite frankly void. 

Not to mention that Just because someone used to Panathinaikos doesn't mean they still are. Supporting a club is not a sentence for life, and fans can jump ship, especially with everything that happened under Alazoufos (I mean the guy made his Panathinaikos fans paint Leoforos for free). Supporting a club is very much like dating a girl, if shizt doesn't go well, you may always dump her for something better. The number of Panathinaikos fans used to be high, but now it is probably lower.

Edited by Nilaul

To be fair  I think that there could be a significant amount of fans that jumped ship to other teams. I am one of them too. But I just don't watch TV, so there's no viewership.

Hopefully, Olympiakos don't abandon watching their own team because they're gonna be butthurt about being 2nd/3rd for the next few years. 

7 hours ago, PAOTHEGREAT said:

In an ideal world that would be a solution but since we don't really live in an ideal world, and Nova told everyone to negotiate their own deal (which could backfire for them once teams actually get a hang of it). A fairer redistribution model, where the league would negotiate as one, where smaller teams would get a little bit more money would be great if the league didn't get peanuts already.

Being able to negotiate your own deals is a blessing in disguise, these small teams could use the opportunity to talk to a competitor to get a better deal, same with the bigger teams. The world doesn't revolve around Nova, there are alternatives even a separate online streaming deal with Facebook is an option. Of course, it would take some negotiating skills and a can-do-attitude but its doable, and a little bit of thinking outside of the box too, which might be hard for some stuck in the past teams.

Currently its like this:

Aek (5.7 million) (NOVA)
Paok (5.5 million) (NOVA)
Olympiakos (5.5 million) (NOVA)

Panathinaikos (4.2 million) (ERT)
Aris (2 million) (ERT)
Atromitos (1.9 million) (ERT)
Xanthi (1.65 million) (ERT)
Panetolikos (1.65 million) (ERT)
Apollon Smyrnis (1.45 million) (ERT)
Lamia (1.45 million) (ERT)

Missing 6 teams. So if someone wants they can complete the list. Apparently, there's some bonus involved too? Got to feel a little bad for Atromitos, they deserve  better.

Also I've been wondering if there's actually something stopping from Paok signing some sort of deal with Open TV, in order to pump millions into Paok? It could be away to get around financial fair play. Also all revenue  from CL and match transmission would go directly into Paok, there would be no middle man (Nova) trying to profit off them.

Edited by Nilaul

On 2/17/2019 at 8:09 AM, PAOTHEGREAT said:

He's from Scotland.   He was banned before....maybe it's time again 

What difference does it make where he's from. He is stating his opinion without threatening anyone or trolling. Seems to me that JVC was warned before for trolling and now it continues under a different name.

• Like it 1

11 hours ago, Nilaul said:

Currently its like this:

Aek (5.7 million) (NOVA)
Paok (5.5 million) (NOVA)
Olympiakos (5.5 million) (NOVA)

Panathinaikos (4.2 million) (ERT)
Aris (2 million) (ERT)
Atromitos (1.9 million) (ERT)
Xanthi (1.65 million) (ERT)
Panetolikos (1.65 million) (ERT)
Apollon Smyrnis (1.45 million) (ERT)
Lamia (1.45 million) (ERT)

Missing 6 teams. So if someone wants they can complete the list. Apparently, there's some bonus involved too? Got to feel a little bad for Atromitos, they deserve  better.

Also I've been wondering if there's actually something stopping from Paok signing some sort of deal with Open TV, in order to pump millions into Paok? It could be away to get around financial fair play. Also all revenue  from CL and match transmission would go directly into Paok, there would be no middle man (Nova) trying to profit off them.

The other NOVA teams are being paid around 1 to 1.5 mil per season. 

There is nothing from stopping them from signing with OPEN TV, but i doubt Savvidis wants to make it a "PAOK" channel. As it is he intentionally did not sign any ex-PAOK players for the weekly Total Football show on the station.

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The other NOVA teams are being paid around 1 to 1.5 mil per season. 

There is nothing from stopping them from signing with OPEN TV, but i doubt Savvidis wants to make it a "PAOK" channel. As it is he intentionally did not sign any ex-PAOK players for the weekly Total Football show on the station.

It doesn't really need to full blown PAOK TV just show Paok's one or two matches per week, much like mega used to do. The viewership is probably still too low to make this viable but in the future, it certainly could be possible. 

Savidis acquiring his own TV channel is still an interesting move and the fact that Savidis does have its own TV channel might be applying some pressure on Nova.  Of course, if Paok decides to move it matches (in order to pump some more money) it won't be this year or next year, due to the contract with Nova.

Edited by Nilaul

Αποκλείστηκε ο Ολυμπιακός από τη Ντινάμο Κιέβου. Κλάμα στον Πειραιά και στη Χαριλάου Θεσσαλονίκης. Δεν θα πάρει ο Θρύλος μας το Γιουρόπα Λιγκ.

22 minutes ago, BostonThanatos said:

AEKs punishment wat handed down for the AJAX shenanigans.  I read theres a 1 year ban and 80K fine, 2 matches with no fans, but it doesnt take affect for 2 years?  I'm not sure on that last part, I just read a headline. 

Sounds like a suspended sentence.. i.e. if they get caught doing anything wrong then the punishment will take effect. 

I believe it is a 1 year suspended sentence which appliers to the 1 year competition ban only

AEK got away with a slap on the wrist. They will  not miss any European action. Makes it little bit harder for Aris to make Europe next season.

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) has announced the following decision:

Match: UEFA Champions League group stage match between AEK Athens FC and AFC Ajax (0-2), played on 27 November in Greece

Charges against AEK Athens FC:

- Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Field invasion by supporters - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Crowd disturbances - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Insufficient organization - Art. 11 (1) DR
- Illicit banner - Art. 16 (2) DR 
- Stairways blocked - Art. 38 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations

Decision:

The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided:

- To exclude AEK Athens FC from participating in the next UEFA club competition for which it will otherwise qualify. This sanction is suspended for a probationary period of two years.
- To order the club to play its next 2 UEFA competition matches as host club behind closed doors.
- To fine AEK Athens FC €80,000.

The CEDB has decided to close the proceedings against AFC Ajax at the same match.

Ο καϋμένος ο τίγρης περίμενε να φάει αποκλεισμό ώστε να έχει δικαιολογία γιατί δεν θα κάνει μεταγραφές. Τώρα πρέπει να σκεφτεί άλλη δικαιολογία.