Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Ο Αστέρας απλά δεν μπορούσε να βάλει γκολ με τίποτα. Έπαιζε ένα ημίχρονο με παίχτη λιγότερο και παρόλα αυτά έιχε 5-6 καθαρές ευκαιρίες για γκολ. Από ανικανότητα του κάθε Ιγκλέσιας που δεν μπορεί να την σπρώξει στο πλεκτό μπροστά στη γραμμή, στα χαμένα τετ α τετ του Δουβίκα και τον ρεφ που έπνιξε 2 πεναλτάρες, ένα χέρι και μια ανατροπή. Κυριολεκτικά κρίμα, αν σκεφτείς πως και στην προηγούμενο έφαγαν γκολ στο 90 φεύγα. 

Και είχαν και σχετικά ΟΚ κλήρωση με την Νορβηγική Μόλντε στον επόμενο.

Ο Ατρόμητος από την άλλη είναι αρκετά limited φέτος, Ντιγκινί-Ουάρντα είναι μεγάλες απώλειες και φάνηκε και στα 2 παιχνίδια που επιθετικά ήταν νωθρός. Τώρα να μην μπορείς να κρατήσεις μισό λεπτό και να το τρως στο 95 από τους ανύπαρκτους είναι ξεφτίλα.

Αυτοί θα βγουν και του χρόνου Ευρώπη, όπως και τα επόμενα 2-3 χρόνια θα είναι οι ίδιοι και οι ίδιοι. Το θέμα είναι ότι ο Αστέρας κάνει πάντα καλό σκάουτινγκ σε Αργεντινή-Ισπανία και με λίγο μεγαλύτερο μπάτζετ θα μπορούσε να μπει ομίλους του χρόνου γιατί έχει καλό προπονητή. 

Ο Ατρόμητος όσες φορές έπαιξε ποτέ δεν έκανε το βήμα παραπάνω, το πολύ να περνάει ένα γύρο και μετά τέλος. Μακάρι να επιστρέψουν γρήγορα Παναθηναϊκός και Άρης. 

• Sad 1

We're in a better shape than the 2013-2016 period where the only teams that could do something in Europe where Oly and Paok. Asteras and Panathinaikos made the EL a couple of times but the points they collected were minimal. 

Recent years Oly has weakend while Paok got more power and most importantly Aek is back. 

If they win against Celtic they will face one of these pairings/clubs in PO CL:

Qarabağ (AZE)/BATE Borisov (BLR)
Young Boys (SUI)
Malmö (SWE)/Vidi (HUN)
Crvena zvezda (SRB)/Spartak Trnava (SVK)

If they lose they will face the winners one of these pairings in PO EL:

Ludogorets (BUL) - Zrinjski (BIH) 
Sheriff (MDA) - Valur (ISL) 
Spartaks Jurmala (LVA) - Suduva (LTU) 
TNS (WAL) - Midtjylland (DEN) 
Torpedo Kutaisi (GEO) - Kukës (ALB) 

Draw is on Monday as Yiankos stated.

17 hours ago, Athens4 said:

We want to make the CL group stages but the truth is that CL has actually played a huge part in football being ruined. The money is just too much.

Absolutely man.  The CL has the made gap between the haves and the have nots, so vast that it’s ruined the game.  Fine, have prize money but the amounts are just f###king ridiculous.

I wish it was like the old days where you could only have 3 foriegn players in the team also.  Well maybe not so few as 3 but I don’t want it like how it is now either.

Maybe if I write a letter to Platini he’ll listen to me ?

• Like it 1

A funny anecdote I heard before the Cup was that English fans complain that too many foreigners in their league have weakened their own domestic talent. While in comparison, Russians complain that having so few foreigners means their guys don't have to compete as much, so they suffer from poorer development too.

As soccer fans, the only constant among us is that we are miserable one way or another.

• Like it 1

I just wish people would stop claiming we're going to get him. We're too full of Brazilians to make that happen!

Anyway, didn't he say like four years ago that he'd "never go to another team in Greece" ??? Hahaha

Yeah Natkho said that and our fans lapped it up.  As always time will tell.

Maybe Olympiacos is making a ridiculous offer ?  Even so, we can match their wages these days.  It’s not like how it was even 4 years ago.  And it’s not like Olympiacos are guaranteed CL football or some other carrot.  Interesting times.

Having said that, is he the same player he was ?  I have no idea.

The  corrupt government that is running a bankrupt country came out to bail out 7 teams without TV contract by giving them 14.5 mil in tax payers money through the state broadcaster ERT.

This move basically prevents the 7 teams from boycotting the Superleague and pretty much guarantees the start of the season as scheduled on August 25. 

The 7 teams will divide the 14.5 mil gift as follows:

Panathinaikos - 4.2 mil
Aris - 2.0 mil
Atromitos - 1.9 mil
Xanthi - 1.65 mil
Panaitolikos - 1.65 mil
Lamia - 1.45 mil
Apollon - 1.45 mil

ERT will show the home games for the above teams. The deal with ERT is for two seasons.

• Like it 1

That move by the government is basically to appease the voters for the upcoming elections by squandering tax payers money that could be spent better elsewhere. Those 7 teams could not get a TV contract in a free market, so they blackmailed the government to offer them a deal by threatening to boycott the start of the season. NOVA that operates as a private company sure wasn't willing to spend that much money on those 7 teams, and their rival COSMOTE did not make an offer either.

This deal once again proves that government still wants to control the sport in Greece.

Don't know how much Melissanidis pays the government in taxes with his control of OPAP, but the teams don't get any percentage from the betting revenue.  I am sure the online betting companies don't pay any taxes at all.

Also the teams don't make any money from the away games. 

17 minutes ago, pash said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ERT streams were very easy to get back in the day (compared to Novasports). So, this could make this season significantly easier to watch.

ERT streams all their channels on the web. The question is if they will place regional restrictions on their streams. They do with some of their programming when the international right to those programs belong to somebody else. It will all depend on who gets the international rights for the Superleague games.

One way to get around the regional restrictions is to use a VPN to change your IP to a Greek one.

PAOK is over 4.5 mil. AEK is 5 mil and Olympiakos 5.5 mil. 

NOVA is not ripping off SL. They only pay what they can afford and what the market will support. It's evident that the market could not support the additional 7 teams and that's why their offer was low. ERT is basically paying Panathinaikos double what NOVA was offering, but who cares it's just tax payers money.

The teams don't see any revenue from the gambling money. The government does from legal betting companies. Lot of sports gambling in Greece is via online betting and a lot of it on illegal sites, which don't offer any tax revenue.

I agree that more money intro the league is good, but there are only 5 or 6 healthy clubs that can survive using the revenue from TV, tickets, etc. Under the current system people that put teams into debt and in some cases declared bankruptcies only to come back and created more debt. Instead of the owners being put behind bars and the teams dropped into amateur divisions they get rewarded with a TV contract using tax money that should be put into better use. As long as the owners see that the government will always be there to bail them out in the end, there is no reason for them to clean up their act.

I agree with this. While I agree that investment in a product should will lead to both a better product and more revenue, what the government is doing is not investment. This is a move to gain control of the league, while the individual teams will continue to do what they always have. This cycle is not going to end here; we'll be having this same conversation next year, the next, and the next after that.

This might change if accountability is restored and additional outside pressure/forces come in. Such as, opening up club ownership to outside investors. Wasn't a group from Spain interested in one of those Asteras/Atromitos teams a while back? Get some professionals in there, stop with the crooks who already have their hands in every pie.

Also, I have seen absolutely no progress in regards to security at these stadiums. If Savvidis wants to show himself as something better than his peers, then he can make Toumba the safest stadium in Greece. Any monkey who's watched a sporting event outside of the Balkans could figure this out. Instead, we get radio silence and then fines every match day.

• Like it 1

On 8/4/2018 at 1:31 AM, jvc said:

^^I think the league is starting to show signs of improvement in quality....but still it's significantly lower than the early 2000s and 90s.   

The quality of football then I don’t think we will see again, that was another level, derbies had some amazing football 

On 8/6/2018 at 4:12 AM, Athens4 said:

We want to make the CL group stages but the truth is that CL has actually played a huge part in football being ruined. The money is just too much.

Totally true, bigger leagues and clubs getting bigger and the gap to the rest increases 

7 hours ago, Alphonse said:

The quality of football then I don’t think we will see again, that was another level, derbies had some amazing football 

Ναι, αλλά με κλεμμένα λεφτά και χρέη από παντού. Να είναι καλά το ΠΑΣΟΚ.

Ας δώσουν τα λαμόγια κανένα φράγκο και τώρα και θα δεις τι καλά που θα κάνουμε πάλι ομαδάρες. Νομίζεις δεν έχουν φράγκα ο Αλαφούζος, ο Μελισσανίδης και ο Μαρινάκης; Απλώς κοροϊδεύουν τον κόσμο. Εδώ η ΑΕΚ πήρε το πρωτάθλημα, έχει μοναδική ευκαιρία να πάει ομίλους Τσουλού και να τσεπώσει 30 μύρια και οι κινήσεις του καλοκαιριού δείχνουν πισωγύρισμα. Τέλος πάντων, το μέλλον θα δείξει.

• Like it 2

jvc and not to forget that he entered the pitch with a gun. Where Greece is headed my friend? Instead of making statues of Alafouzos, Marinakis, and Melissanidis for all the honest work they are doing benefiting the country and not themselves, they let gangster Savvidis control PAOK and get involved in so many businesses. Such a shame! Greece would be a much better place without people like Savvidis around, but we are going to face it eventually. Απελάστε τον και αυτόν και τον Γκαρσία! Μόνο έτσι θα σωθεί η χώρα! Ζήτω το Έθνος!