Jump to content
Phantis Forums
Blackhawk

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Recommended Posts

They withdrew from the SL in March 2015 :  http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/apoxwrise-o-ofi/3078491

In May 2016 OFI were promoted to Football League:  http://www.ant1news.gr/news/Sports/article/444242/anebike-sti-football-league-o-ofi

Don’t know if they can do the trick again. Personelly I am not charmed of this method to get rid of debts and start all over again like nothing happened. 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

They withdrew from the SL in March 2015 :  http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/apoxwrise-o-ofi/3078491

In May 2016 OFI were promoted to Football League:  http://www.ant1news.gr/news/Sports/article/444242/anebike-sti-football-league-o-ofi

Don’t know if they can do the trick again. Personelly I am not charmed of this method to get rid of debts and start all over again like nothing happened. 

I agree,  I'm not a fan also.  That being said....the league is in a crisis.  We can't afford to see historic clubs go bankrupt.  If they played hardball and pushed teams to bankruptcy,  AEK,  PAO,  OFI, and ARIS would be gone....can the league afford this?  Who would even care to watch?  Nova as an example is holding on to 10 million dollars of PAOs debt,  the reason they can't afford for PAO to  go bankrupt....Who's going to fill the void?  

Edited by jvc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know, jvc!

Look at the ticket sales in Greece: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Superleague_Greece. There is only one word: pathetic. Only the big 4 have above 5K spectators. Even my team can not fill Toumba every time. Maybe we need a total catharsis.

I have a lot of comparison with the Dutch Eredivisie. Soccer is in a deplorabele state too. The National Team flunked and is absent at the WC. All clubs are eliminated from EL or CL. Only 4 wins. Utrecht won only one game against some guys from Malta and one (very good) win against Zenit. Feyenoord and Vitesse won their last MD against opponents that couldn’t care less about that game. Yet though in our league the spectators keep coming. Those truckers from the capital and Feyenoord have every game 50K(+) on board. Despite having a bad season. PSV has 30K. Lowest attendance was Excelsior Rotterdam - VVV Venlo: 3.704 (at the tiniest stadium with the maximum capacity of 4.500).

Greece is a soccer-country like The Netherlands at the moment. No WC. But with one competitor left in EL! Greeks are considered to be passionate people but I can not see it when it comes to going to the stadium. Maybe it is the crisis. But bouzoukia, restaurants and kafenia are full. Most Greeks smoke like hell. Why not save some of that money and go the the stadium. Season tickets aren’t that expensive. Tickets for one game do not cost much either. Still there are no filled stadiums when the big 4 pass by. I see only the kerkides of PAOK-tzides. We overcrowd the home-spectators. Maybe because they tripled the prices as against Platanias cheapest ticket was 30 euro against us. 

Is it corruption that keeps people away from the stadium? Than maybe bankruptcy is the right answer. But in other countries referees make mistakes too. Here cupfinals were won with offside goals too. In Spain Barcelona only this year were not allowed two 100% goals that were clear over the line. Spanish refs are the worst there are. Yellow if you grab someone’s shirt. Nothing for a clear foul. Ramos got away with it with just 24 red cards. Should have been some 50 or so. So are we different from other countries? Don’t think so. Everywhere the big clubs get the benefit of the doubt. 

Unless fraud is detected. Like Calciopoli in Italy. Just nail that club(s) with fines and relegation. But I don’t expect that in Greece as there is nobody willing to, it seems. Otherwise there would have been a law like in England that works against hooliganism. I like the bengalika at stadium but it must be done organised. Not by the hooli-leaders. Kekleismenon thiron is not the answer after yet a game with flares.

So we need some self-deflection and balls in Greece. Ai, why starts my brain hurting just at this moment .....

 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Don’t know, jvc!

Look at the ticket sales in Greece: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Superleague_Greece. There is only one word: pathetic. Only the big 4 have above 5K spectators. Even my team can not fill Toumba every time. Maybe we need a total catharsis.

I have a lot of comparison with the Dutch Eredivisie. Soccer is in a deplorabele state too. The National Team flunked and is absent at the WC. All clubs are eliminated from EL or CL. Only 4 wins. Utrecht won only one game against some guys from Malta and one (very good) win against Zenit. Feyenoord and Vitesse won their last MD against opponents that couldn’t care less about that game. Yet though in our league the spectators keep coming. Those truckers from the capital and Feyenoord have every game 50K(+) on board. Despite having a bad season. PSV has 30K. Lowest attendance was Excelsior Rotterdam - VVV Venlo: 3.704 (at the tiniest stadium with the maximum capacity of 4.500).

Greece is a soccer-country like The Netherlands at the moment. No WC. But with one competitor left in EL! Greeks are considered to be passionate people but I can not see it when it comes to going to the stadium. Maybe it is the crisis. But bouzoukia, restaurants and kafenia are full. Most Greeks smoke like hell. Why not save some of that money and go the the stadium. Season tickets aren’t that expensive. Tickets for one game do not cost much either. Still there are no filled stadiums when the big 4 pass by. I see only the kerkides of PAOK-tzides. We overcrowd the home-spectators. Maybe because they tripled the prices as against Platanias cheapest ticket was 30 euro against us. 

Is it corruption that keeps people away from the stadium? Than maybe bankruptcy is the right answer. But in other countries referees make mistakes too. Here cupfinals were won with offside goals too. In Spain Barcelona only this year were not allowed two 100% goals that were clear over the line. Spanish refs are the worst there are. Yellow if you grab someone’s shirt. Nothing for a clear foul. Ramos got away with it with just 24 red cards. Should have been some 50 or so. So are we different from other countries? Don’t think so. Everywhere the big clubs get the benefit of the doubt. 

Unless fraud is detected. Like Calciopoli in Italy. Just nail that club(s) with fines and relegation. But I don’t expect that in Greece as there is nobody willing to, it seems. Otherwise there would have been a law like in England that works against hooliganism. I like the bengalika at stadium but it must be done organised. Not by the hooli-leaders. Kekleismenon thiron is not the answer after yet a game with flares.

So we need some self-deflection and balls in Greece. Ai, why starts my brain hurting just at this moment .....

 

All good points.  We just need to build the product back up.  The fan base has vanished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oly just fired Lemonis. Hopefully this will result in more of a slump, instead of a resurgence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sacked for not being 10 points ahead at the winter break ? :wink:

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atromitos just lost 0-1 vs Panaitolikos. Looks like warda missed a penalty, too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good result for us, AEK current leading 1-0 vs PAS 26th min, AEK is all over them seems like a matter of time till they get a 2nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently 2-1 AEK. Hopefully we'll be gifted again.

More surprisingly, Levadiakos is crushing PAO 3-0 with 20 minutes to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, pash said:

Currently 2-1 AEK. Hopefully we'll be gifted again.

More surprisingly, Levadiakos is crushing PAO 3-0 with 20 minutes to go.

How's that surprising?  That's what happens when you don't get paid.  Next week maybe Levadia decides not to show up....hearing half the supa league players are not paid for months.  Second division you're lucky to receive something at the end of the year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AEK was lucky because PAS did not get a penalty call when the score was 0:0. If it was called it would also have been a red card to the goalie. AEK will have a tough time with all the big and frequent games coming up for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gifted with an AEK draw today. Didn't think that would happen with Larissa. Lots of yellows on both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd like to think we'd take advantage tonight and move a few points clear of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the second half of AEK's game. Even though I still think AEK is a bigger team overall than us, I don't think their roster is that incredible. And why they shouldn't drop points at Larisa? We did us well. I hope AEK will not lose from Olympiakos. A draw will be great.

But seriously, who does think that Oikodomos will be playing very well every single time? The guy was a talent that never reached his potential due to limited brain function. He never had a whole consistent season and I don't expect him to have this year as well. His incentives is to prove to all those who called him "palto" that he is a top Greek player and that's not good enough IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the last 20 minutes of Asteras-Oly. We were gifted with a draw. Didn't see Oly's PK, but I'm sure it was 100% more legit than ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would seriously like the opinion of Olympiakos fans about Karapappas and Theodoridis.

This year they both are complaining for the referees, every single week. For their matches, for PAOK matches, for AEK matches, even for Panathinaikos games -in the beginning that Panathinaikos was in a good shape.

Are gavroi ashamed of what they say and post on facebook? I, as Paoktsis, was myself on many many occasions ashamed from posts by Kiriakos Kiriakos. But I really cannot imagine what Olympiakos' fans (I am polite not to call them gavroi) think of them. Do they represent the way of their thinking? Are they ashamed but cannot do anything about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ They no doubt share the same opinion.

In all fairness I think they are also tired of Savvas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the same way we are sick of George Savvidis every week on instagram posting his m*****es, I'd say most olympiako fans are sick of hearing the same stuff churned out every week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww poor Olympiakos! When they lose their complete control over the league, it instantly means AEK and PAOK are fixing matches and being bad little boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's my thoughts also....what is so different from the past....I actually think there's more of officiating accountability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OLY - AEK 1-2. AEK scored the winner in 90+5'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, only one red card (Botia).

Standings are as follows:

PAOK 46

AEK 44

Olympiakos 42

Atromitos 38

 

The next two weeks should be interesting. I would not be surprised to see both of our rivals lose points. I can't see us dropping any vs our next two opponents.

Match day 21:

  • AEK - Asteras
  • Atromitos - Olympiakos
  • PAOK - AEL

Match day 22:

  • Asteras - Atromitos
  • Lamia - PAOK
  • AEK - Xanthi
  • Olympiakos - Panionios

 

Day 23 will be a big one - we play Olympiakos at home, while Atromitos welcomes AEK. With any luck, we'll end that match day with a game in hand over each of our rivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ωραίο συναίσθημα να βλέπεις τον Μαρινάκη και τους λοιπούς γαύρους να κλαίνε!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×