Phantis Forums
Blackhawk

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

I can see us winning tomorrow, but I don't see us winning the away games that follow in Nea Smirni and Xanthi...

Giannina vs Xanthi ended 1:1

Atromitos vs PAO is in the 50th minute, the game is currently 1-1. Lots of yellows for PAO in the first half. A draw would suit us very well.

Ρεσιτάλ Ελληνικής παρωδίας μετά το Ατρόμητος - Παναθηναϊκός... Είμαστε αποβράσματα και το δείχνουμε σε κάθε ευκαιρία!

Τι έγινε ακριβώς; Πρέπει να δω φάσεις.

PAO lost 0-1 at home vs Panionios. AEK vs Levadiakos coming up.

Oly managed a late win vs Smyrni last night, as well

AEK qualified to EL Round of 32. Good news for PAOK. 

AEK drawn against Dinamo Kiev. They stand a good chance of advancing.

I hope they do. By advancing not only do they pick up more points for Greece's coefficient but they also get tired :)

They are not the Dinamo Kiev of a few years ago.  AEK has definitely got a chance of qualifying.

AEK drew vs Smyrni, a win today will bring us level with them on points. Surprising result.

In other news, Warda scored a brace in Atromitos' 1-3 win vs Kerkyra. They're now in second place, with 30 points.

In any other country this is a straight red. In Greece, and if you are an Olympiakos player this is only a yellow. Surprised Korovesis did not get a card for simulation.

Jesus, hope he's all right. That looked awful.

The ref should be banned from calling any games. It's the same ref that did not give PAOK a penalty kick in the Larisa game and then red-cared Koulouris for a minor foul.

• Like it 1

It's a dangerous tackle but there was no malice.  The Olympiakos player had his eyes on the ball not the man.  I don't think he even knew the man was there until the moment the ball got close to him.  I see these sorts of tackles often.  Is it a yellow ?  Is it a red ?  Not sure.  The important thing is consistency from the referees so the players know where they stand (or not depending on if they were the one being kicked in the head or doing the kicking).

agree bananas well said. it's a grey area, I understand people calling for a red, dangerous play is dangerous play. Not sure what I would have given. I have seen them go both ways.

Blackhawk are you talking about the foul were koulouris was looking at the defender and jumped with his elbow? or am I remembering it incorrectly ? If it is that one, my feeling was it was a clear red card and extremely stupid from Koulouris.

Wow, Lamia absolutely slammed PAO in their cup game, with a 4-1 win. This match was played under some less than ideal conditions, (I thought it was going to be called off).

Lamia-Panathinaikos.jpg

12 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

agree bananas well said. it's a grey area, I understand people calling for a red, dangerous play is dangerous play. Not sure what I would have given. I have seen them go both ways.

Blackhawk are you talking about the foul were koulouris was looking at the defender and jumped with his elbow? or am I remembering it incorrectly ? If it is that one, my feeling was it was a clear red card and extremely stupid from Koulouris.

In my opinion if that's not a red card then I don't know what does. It might not have been intentional but it's a dangerous foul that could have resulted in a very serious injury.

As for the Koulouris foul, yes that is the one. I agree it was a stupid foul by him, but we see similar elbow infractions quite often in Superleague without getting called at all. If there was a consistent punishment by the Greek refs for that foul than I would have no problem with the red. However we know that this is not the case.

It was a clear red and it is no surprise that it wasn't given.

No doubt: a fat red card. Just look at this old vid from a red card for Nani in a CL-game who just reached the belly button of his opponent. You have a clear view at about 0:40

Pana must pay their debts of 5.6 mio before March 1st. If not they will be expelled by UEFA for the next three years in Europe (2018-19, 2019-20, 2021-22).

The players of OFI announced that they haven’t received money for two or three months and that they now will leave the club. Some players are entitled to get their wages from last season. 

According to the rules they can go to any team they want without a fee for OFI. 

Seems strange that ofi is even still in business. They did go bankrupt, what, two years ago?