Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

This is wonderful for us. I still think AEK will make it through, but having to come from behind will ensure they won't get a rest. And if they don't win...I'd be more than happy for us to face AEL in the final.

5 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

In the 92nd minute and then fans jumping from stands into the field. Expect punishments.

Did Jimenez got hit by a paper roll and bit his lips a bit? If yes, then justice needs to be served. 0:3 for AEK, -9 point deduction for AEL and 7 ghost games, everything else would be injust. I demand justice!

Edited by Klaous

Btw, it is interesting how many calls AEK gets. I remember the κλάψες that were coming not only from γαύροι but also from ΑΕΚτζήδες because we had an offside goal against Giannina and a clear penalty against Panaitolikos. Now what? Well, now those κλαψιάριδες of fans are silent.

PAOK needs to shut the mouth of both γαύροι and ΑΕΚτζήδες for good. On the field, and at the courts. I do not want to hear any κλάψες any more. Not from them, and not from us. PAOK will win the championship and the cup. And if not, then we simply do not deserve it. If AEK wins with a μούφα penalty or an offside goal in Toumpa, μαγκιά τους. We have such a good team that we must win them even if they play with 12 players. And if the referee is favoring us, ΜΑΓΚΑ ΜΑΣ. 

2 hours ago, pash said:

This is wonderful for us. I still think AEK will make it through, but having to come from behind will ensure they won't get a rest. And if they don't win...I'd be more than happy for us to face AEL in the final.

Beware what you wish for!  But that is from a bygone era when each team was only allowed 3 non Greek players in the squad.  The Bosman ruling, EU and CL monies has changed the landscape permanently.

• Sad 1

The goal that Larisa conceded was entirely their fault.  You can't all just stop because you think you deserve or are going to get a free kick.  The penalty for Larisa, no way that is a penalty.  I can only assume the referee wanted to even up the score after the "mistake" he made that lead to AEK's first goal.

Davide Astori, Fiorentina's captain, died his in sleep last night. He was with the team at a hotel, scheduled to play today. I read that he became a father just a few weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

Oly drew 1-1 vs PAO at home. PAO played about a half hour with 10 men, both goals were penalties. Current standings, with the farce at Toumba excluded, are as follows:

AEK 54

PAOK 52

Atromitos 46

Oly 44

With worst case scenario (3 point deduction + loss for us, Oly reclaiming the three points on appeal from their riot):

AEK 54

Oly 50

PAOK 49

Atromitos 46

Gonna be tough from here
hopefully by some way we only cop the -3 and the match is replayed. Otherwise it's a long way back from -5 points back. 

It's gonna be a shame if these off field antics are what cost us this title/us having a run at it to the very last few games

Let's face it. It is very likely that the -3 will cost us the championship. 

Of course we could hope that the match PAOK Olympiakos will be replayed... but I do not believe it. I also do not believe that AEK will lose 5 points while we win all of our games. It is possible though, but I do not like to rely on others to win something. 

I think the only team that could possible draw with AEK is Panathinaikos right now. If AEK loses against us and draws against them, then we are again in the pole position for the championship. However, we would still have to beat Panathinaikos in Leoforos. I cannot even remember the last time we won there. In other words, we would rely on Panathinaikos playing hostile towards AEK and friendly with us. 

If we would win the championship because of Panathinaikos that would be really amazing. Savvidis should continue to loan out some paid players to them as a thank you. Hell, pay them parts of their debts if you like to. But I still doubt that this whole scenario is going to happen. Alafouzos is still a snake, and our relations with Panathinaikos are not the best. 

I can't believe I'm discussing fan polls. Surveys are as reliable as facebook, which is to say, not at all. Incidentally,  that site shows 500k "likes" for PAOK. Unless you think 100% of respondents to the survey are also facebook fans of the team?

Long story short, PAO is going to be someone's client if they want to stay in the top division. Unless you think all those millions of fans start donating serious cash to that club, for some reason.

6 minutes ago, jvc said:

You wish.   Nova is holding on to 10 million of debts....That's paid in 2 years. The total debts for past players is 5 million,  by the end of March that's taken care of.  The other debts to government and example OAKA,  they have already agreed to a 40 percent reduction....The government has set up a loan with the Greek bank....17 million paid in 140 instalments.  Basically PAO will be paying 1.2 million a year....That's nothing.  Within 2 seasons PAO will be going for a championship.

So basically Greek tax payers will have to pay for your debts? If this is actually the case then Greece is indeed a third world country that deserves everything that happend in the last 10 years of crisis. 

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Klaous said:

I think the only team that could possible draw with AEK is Panathinaikos right now. If AEK loses against us and draws against them, then we are again in the pole position for the championship. However, we would still have to beat Panathinaikos in Leoforos. I cannot even remember the last time we won there. In other words, we would rely on Panathinaikos playing hostile towards AEK and friendly with us. 

No way PAO take it easy against us.  They never have, never will, nor should they.  They should play to the best of their ability and I'd expect nothing less.  If we can't beat PAO in Leoforos that's our problem.

Edited by Bananas

8 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

How is that any different than municipalities paying for stadiums? It is in everyone's best interest that PAO continues to get stronger.  Without a PAO or an OLY, that league will be weaker.

Actually, if you see it from a common good perspective, Greek taxpayers should not have to finance some private football clubs just because they have a lot of fans and powerful presidents. Whether it is PAO, AEK, PAOK or any other big club in Greece. But since Greece is not able to learn from the past, it will not recover and keep being a country full of debts and mismanagement.

Άξιοι της μοίρας σας is all I have to say to everyone living in Greece. 

Τότε δεν έγινε τίποτα!

Ούτε ένα μήνα νωρίτερα, στις 28 Ιανουρίου, στον αγώνα Αστέρας Τρίπολης-Ολυμπιακός 1-1, έγινε παρόμοιο περιστατικό, πολύ χειρότερο από αυτό της Τούμπας, αλλά όλα συνεχίστηκαν σα να μη συνέβη τίποτα.

Πιο συγκεκριμένα, ο Προτό δέχθηκε ΟΛΟΚΛΗΡΟ ρολό χαρτιού (το οποίο δεν άνοιξε στον αέρα) και μάλιστα ΑΚΡΙΒΩΣ ΣΤΟ ΚΕΦΑΛΙ, αντικείμενο το οποίο εκτοξεύθηκε από το πέταλο των γηπεδούχων. Ο Βέλγος τερματοφύλακας ήταν φυσικά σε θέση να συνεχίσει το παιχνίδι, ο Καραπαπάς δεν του είπε «κάτσε κάτω», ο Θεοδωρίδης δεν είπε «παίρνω την ομάδα και φεύγω» και ζήσαν αυτοί καλά και εμείς… καλύτερα.

Still: Why did that R-hidi throw that thing at that moment? Was just enjoying the fact that all around the stadium our fans found a alternative kind of begalika with the papers they threw to create atmosfera. And then one person ruins it for everyone with a black and white heart.

It would love to see our management trying to appeal but also to make - as the first team in Greece - the statement that they do not tolerate these m@l@kies anymore. First by hiring a security that search everyone wanting to attend the match thoroughly (hire even the Canadian Border Security if there is no good private company in Greece) and then second giving anyone (!) that violates our house rules a ban for 5 years, 10 years of life depending on the kind of violation.

It won’t be easy as the mindset is not ready in Greece, but somehow, somewhere, this must be stopped. Let our team be the first. Our guests (I say this with irony as a experienced in person that in football everyother than the hometeam is treated like a dog or less) should fear a defeat with a margin of 4 or 5 goals but they should not fear to be hit by any object while entering the field or taking a corner.

Lets stop this “mangia” of outsmarting the other by cheating. This also includes players that fake injuries or make dives. They all considere themselves as real men but if a finger of another touches them they fall down like soldiers in battlefield (Diego Costa of Atletico is the best example: he is a bull but he falls down like a sissy when you touch him). PAOK should the first club to implement this! Sub the diver immediately. It is idealistic. I know but I’m sick and tired of this situation going on and on. Not only in Greece (I just mentioned Diego Costa, but all the Neymar’s and Suarez’s of this world) Try to convince EPO and SL that this is not fair play. And implement a two match suspension for faking/diving. Like in the UK.

So. I hope I did not bore you with my vision, idealistic dreams (and frustration). I’m now going to watch Qatar Saint Germain against Real Mashit. Divers all over the place. Cheers!

• Like it 2

I've been screaming essentially the same thing into my pillow as I cry myself to sleep at night for years! There's absolutely no reason people should be sneaking weapons and projectiles in...and there's even less reason why we should be unable to locate and punish them. If I threw a bottle at a basketball game around here, I'd be tackled and arrested within 45 seconds, guaranteed. And yet in Greece, the land of freedom and no repercussions, everything goes.

The diving, on the other hand, seems completely unenforceable to me.

• Like it 1