Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

AEK came out and asked the Undersecretary of Sports to suspend the Superleague season until all legal cases dealing with team punishments are closed and final. Sounds like to me they want to rest their players for their remaining games.

AEK should stop crying and rather prepare to win the game on 11th March in Toumba. If they are not able to pull that off than they simply do not deserve to win the championship anyways. 

I can imagine that 11th March will be the day in which AEK will collapse ultimately. Also it will be interesting if their εξάρι and captain Simoes is able to play on that day. Without him AEK is done. His "replacement" Moran is a joke of a player. He is like a defensive version of El Kaddouri. 

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/superleague/article/1203458/se-anamoni-gia-simoes-kai-araoyho-stin-aek

Η ισοπαλία με τον Ατρόμητο στο Περιστέρι έβγαλε και νέα προβλήματα τραυματισμών για την ΑΕΚ, καθώς ο Αντρέ Σιμόες αποχώρησε με σύσπαση στον τετρακέφαλο, ενώ ο Σέρχιο Αραούχο νιώθει ενοχλήσεις στους προσαγωγούς. Αμφότεροι ακολούθησαν θεραπεία στην προπόνηση της Τρίτης και στην ΑΕΚ περιμένουν με αγωνία τα νεότερα καθώς η κατάστασή τους θα επανεκτιμηθεί μέσα στις επόμενες μέρες.

But as it seems, Araouzo is not seriously injured. 

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/kypello-elladas/article/1203838/me-araoyho-sti-larisa-i-aek

Agree about Simoes.  He is key to their midfield.  Holds everything together.  Very very good player.  AEK have been very unfortunate with injuries to their midfield this season with Mandalos and also Johansson sustaining season ending injuries.

34 minutes ago, Bananas said:

Agree about Simoes.  He is key to their midfield.  Holds everything together.  Very very good player.  AEK have been very unfortunate with injuries to their midfield this season with Mandalos and also Johansson sustaining season ending injuries.

He is the only player AEK has who is also clearly better compared to the players we have as εξάρια. We need someone like Simoes in summer. Canas is a risk for us and unfortunately we got rid of Kace. Mauricio and Shakov are οκτάρια.

2 hours ago, Klaous said:

He is the only player AEK has who is also clearly better compared to the players we have as εξάρια. We need someone like Simoes in summer. Canas is a risk for us and unfortunately we got rid of Kace. Mauricio and Shakov are οκτάρια.

That's the thing, Lucescu said he doesn't like playing with a 6.  And it makes sense in Greece for 90% of games.  But in Europe if we don't have a solid εξάρι I think we could get exposed.

@Bananas yes, you are right, for most of the Super League matches we do not even need an εξάρι. But for the derbies we definetely need one. And since I am absolutely convinced that we are going to play Champions League, Ivan should definetely spend some millions in a Simoes-like player. Maybe even get Simoes himself to PAOK? That would be fun hehe. 

The AEK goal should not have counted. The foul should have been called and a card delivered. AEK is getting away with murder. Vranjes should have been red-carded in the first half. Having said all that Larisa is a very bad team. They stand no chance of qualifying.

Masoud should have been sent off by now.

But yeah, Larissa is terrible. A minor miracle that they've made it this far.

-edit- another big chance by the hosts. These guys can't cross or pass to save their lives.

Edited by pash

If Larisa was at least as good as Panionios, AEK would be losing this game by at least two goals. I just hope it remains 1;1 and AEK will have to expand lot of energy to qualify to the final.