Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

12 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Huh?! Since when has EPO or Supa League or a club like AEK any jurisdiction on the streets around the stadium? What a stupid decision. Once again. In order not to offence one of our beloved forum members: What a karpouzi-republic!!

What about peponi republic ?  But that will always remind us of Maduro.

• Like it 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Alphonse said:

More m*****es... these stadium bans only punish the real fans

There *has* to be a better way.  It's not like all these years of bans have really achieved anything.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 2

17 hours ago, Bananas said:

There *has* to be a better way.  It's not like all these years of bans have really achieved anything.

Exactly, I dunno how arresting the actual perpetrators never happens, they are the ones that should be getting punished but as long as they get away with it, saying you can go to the next 2-3 games, means nothing to them and I think these hooligans enjoy fighting with cops more than the actual football

Kind of leads back into a conversation that has occurred many times on this forum. In other countries, if you do something stupid or dangerous in a stadium, you will be caught quickly. In Greece, it seems this level of security is mythological. The best they can do is string up nets, throw up their hands, and pray (if they even care that much).

• Like it 1

12 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Or even a stadium ban, you have to show ID most of the time so the set up is there 

It’s been mentioned how many times.  Seat allocations along with ID would solve this problem fairly quickly.  You know, like how you go to a concert and have to sit at your allocated seat.  It’s 2020 but when it comes to Greece it’s 1980.

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, Bananas said:

It’s been mentioned how many times.  Seat allocations along with ID would solve this problem fairly quickly.  You know, like how you go to a concert and have to sit at your allocated seat.  It’s 2020 but when it comes to Greece it’s 1980.

I will be very honest here and say that seat allocation is a load of bull anyway. I have been to games where there were loads of empty seats around me yet some people insisted on sitting in the seats that I had just randomly sat on. If anything certain parts of stadiums should be standing. Gate 4, for example, should be all standing.

The problem is educational. People in Greece are not able to go to a football match with both sets of fans without any trouble. I am not saying to become like the UK or (God forbid) the US (although I was fairly impressed with LAFC's fans), where the atmosphere is quite boring. At least be like Germany where the atmosphere in the stadium is great. Even there fans fight each other but just not in the stadium. If you really need to fight somebody else just because they support another team then find somewhere like a warehouse or the woods, arrange a time, and let all of your psychological issues out.

• Like it 1

I don't know what the answer is Athens4.  But doing nothing is not the answer either.  I'm sure there are options out there.  If I wait for Greeks to be educated in this sphere of life, I guess I'll be waiting for a long time.

• Like it 1

26 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

There is seat allocation. At least in Toumba there is. The thing is that nobody follows it and I am sure with Greek mentality shouting matches and even fights ensued as a result.

This is why gate 4 should be standing as everybody stands anyway. Only in gates 1,2,3,5 and 6 should there be a case for seating. I will leave the case open for 7 and 8.

1 hour ago, Athens4 said:

This is why gate 4 should be standing as everybody stands anyway. Only in gates 1,2,3,5 and 6 should there be a case for seating. I will leave the case open for 7 and 8.

It can be standing if only the Local laws allow it, because for European and international matches there must be seats installed. Which means you essentially get a stand with folded seats and barriers at every row.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Nilaul said:

It can be standing if only the Local laws allow it, because for European and international matches there must be seats installed. Which means you essentially get a stand with folded seats and barriers at every row.

This is incorrect. There are many stadiums in Europe that have standing only in certain parts. The Commerzbank Arena (Eintracht Frankfurt and the Signal Iduna Park (Borussia Dortmund) are just a few examples and these teams play in Europe.

37 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

This is incorrect. There are many stadiums in Europe that have standing only in certain parts. The Commerzbank Arena (Eintracht Frankfurt and the Signal Iduna Park (Borussia Dortmund) are just a few examples and these teams play in Europe.

They actually have safe standing areas and any areas without seats, they have to install seats for European/international games.

Apparently the fat owner who has a ban not to be involved with Greek soccer visited the referees during halftime.

The result was a red card to Lamia player out of nowhere and a concerted effort to give Olympiakos players many set pieces in order to achieve a qualification to semifinals.

Αυτά είναι! Διδάσκει ήθος! Ζήτω ο Βαγγέλας μας! Τουλάχιστον 6 εκατομμύρια Ολυμπιακοί και το 70% της Θεσσαλονίκης γιορτάζουν την πρόκριση του Θρύλου στα ημιτελικά του Κυπέλλου!

Manchester City banned from CL competition for two years for inflating the value of sponsorship deals (how else would they afford their transfer policy, after all?). Obviously they're appealing to CAS, and since they're a big name they'll get their day in court I'm sure.

Εντάξει ρε παιδιά, μπήκε ο άνθρωπος να διδάξει λίγο ήθος. Να τους κεράσει κανένα γλυκό, να τους ρωτήσει αν αισθάνονται άνετα, αν χρειάζονται κάτι. Όλα καλά. Κανονικότητα. Ζήτω η Νέα Δημοκρατία, ο Πειραιάς και η Παπαναστασίου!