Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

11 hours ago, pash said:

This is all HILARIOUS stuff. How can Iraklis afford to buy themselves a new identity if they can't pay their bills anyway? 

Yep...

Edited by Alphonse

Panionios failed to get a Superleague license for next season and will start with a -6 points just like Panathinaikos did last season. Panathinaikos and Panaitolikos also had question marks but got away with monetary fines.

• Like it 1

Some players are just stupid. In the relegation/promotion playoff game between OFI and Platanias the OFi player scores to give OFI a 2:1 lead and then takes his jersey off celebrating, forgetting that he already had a yellow card. Well he got a second one and had to leave the game. The ref is PAOK's "favorite" Kominis who in first half gave OFI a "maimou" penalty.

• Like it 1

Just watched the highlights.

The first ridiculous thing is that although they are both from Crete, there were no away fans in any of the games. Stupid.

Second of all, Kominis should be hung out to dry. What a joke.

The 2019-2020 Superleague 1 will kick off on August 24, 2019.

It was also decided that there will be playoffs to determine the champion  and European sports as well as play-out for deciding relegation.

The playoffs will be between teams that will finish in spots 1-6 after the regular season (28 rounds) and will consist of additional 10 rounds of games. The points from the regular season  will remain and will be counted in the final standings.

The play-out will be between teams 7-14 and it remains to be decided in what form they will take place.

Also as far as the Greek Cup is concerned, the preliminary decision is that there will no longer be group stage matches and until the Round of 16 there will be just a single game played. Superleague 1 teams will not enter the competition until the Round of 16. The final will be a single game in a neutral venue. 

And that ladies and gentlemen, will be the end of me watching the Greek league. It will be just the cup and Europe for me going forward.

After years they finally get rid of the play offs only to bring them back now that the league is getting more competitive. What a joke.

You can blame Superleague for that because they don't have the balls to tell the politicians to mind their own business. What business does the government have telling Superleague how many teams should be playing in their own competition? 

That's just great.  I suppose Olympiacos will be happy with the play-off system.  Will be curious to see what each of the clubs "officially" has to say about the play-off system.

As for the Cup Groups being eliminated, I was one of the few on this forum that liked this system.  It wasn't meant to benefit the big clubs.  It was meant to give the small teams some extra interest and a big game where they can cash in some dollars and just have some interest.

9 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

You can blame Superleague for that because they don't have the balls to tell the politicians to mind their own business. What business does the government have telling Superleague how many teams should be playing in their own competition? 

I don’t get how FIFA is looking over our incompetent Fed when Vasiliadis, part of the Government is making all the calls... I thought there were some regulations about that

Maybe we should give the title to Olympiakos ?  https://www.contra.gr/podosfairo/olympiakos-megalytero-antipalo-paok-eayto.7453030.html?utm_source=Sport24&utm_medium=BestofNetwork_home&utm_campaign=24MediaWidget&utm_term=Pos4

It's articles like this you wonder if the author was having a slow day or knows nothing about football.  Possibly both.

I saw Olympiakos kakare their pantelonia in Toumba and play like little girls.  Nothing about that in the article.  Or the fact that Olympiakos is a one man team.  Heaven forbid if Fortounis gets injured or sold.

Looking forward to hearing PAOK's official view on this.  I can understand a split, so the top half play each other and  bottom half play each other for a final round robin set of games to bring up the fixture count and add a bit more excitement but to have playoffs for the championship and the European positions is a shockingly bad idea.

More details about the next Greek Cup competition surfacesd:

- first 2 rounds will be played among the winners of the regional Amateur Cups - (47 teams)
- Football League teams will enter the competition in Round 3 - (14 teams)
- Super League 2 teams will enter the competition in Round 4 - (12 teams)
- Super League 1 teams (except those playing European competitions) will enter the competition in Round 5 (Round of 32) - (9 teams)
- Super League 1 teams that will play European Competitions will enter the competition in Round 6 (Round of 16) - (5 teams)
- Rounds 1-6 will be single game affairs. For Rounds 1-4 the teams playing in a lower division than their opponents will be the home team. For Rounds 5 and 6 the home team will be determined after a draw
- Quarterfinals and Semifinals will be home and away two leg games
- Final will be a single game in a neutral venue which will be determined after the two finilists are known. EPO reserves right to have the final be played outside of Greece