Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

The league should be fine with 16 teams. What it needs is to be run fairly. The fans don't show up because they know that for the past 20 years the titles were not necessarily decided on the pitch. They don't trust the product.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The league should be fine with 16 teams. What it needs is to be run fairly. The fans don't show up because they know that for the past 20 years the titles were not necessarily decided on the pitch. They don't trust the product.

Exactly this 100%!!! This is the main reason.

Greek football has taken a massive hit due to this and yet jvc and pals in Athens sit back and blame it on the smaller clubs instead of looking closer to home and how their clubs conducted themselves and ruined it. 

"..the money is there,  but it goes to basketball not soccer because the teams are world class in basketball!"

The only people i know that care about or interested in basketball are a 2 friends from Belgrade, a few PAO fans, an Aris fan and Lithuanians.

In the grand scheme of things, no one really cares and that's why teams in Europe don't have to spend as much money to be successful in basketball as they do in football. You genuinely couldn't pay me to watch basketball and i would only go for the atmosphere with PAOK fans or in Belgrade if i was visiting friends.

Stop making comparisons between basketball and football, as if Greeks football teams can be world class if only the "big four" played each other 4 times a season or all the funding went to 4 teams... its utter nonsense.

Savidis is not the problem....and I don't believe PAOK was ever a problem.

That's big of you to finally admit that. Fair play.

Nobody cares about basketball in Greece except for the teams that get the automatic entry into the closed club that EuropeLeague has become. Nobody except for Olympiakos and Panathinaikos cares about basketball. And football is heading in the same direction. CL will eventually become a closed competition.

Καλά ότι είναι αδερφά σωματεία το ξέρουμε. Εδώ και 6-7 χρόνια οι σχέσεις είναι πολύ σφιχτές. Μέχρι και στο μπάσκετ τους έδωσαν παίχτη για να μην πέσουν στην Α2. Τα είπαμε εξάλλου, τα σκουλήκια είναι ο Δούρειος Ίππος στη Θεσσαλονίκη. Αυτή είναι η δουλειά τους και τους αγαπάμε γι' αυτό. Κάποιοι ελάχιστοι οπαδοί τους έχουν απομείνει που σιχαίνονται την ομάδα τους για αυτές τις κινήσεις. Οι υπόλοιποι ακολουθούν τον Τσαλτίδη και τον Θούπερ 3: "Ο Σαββίδης φταίει για όλα"!

• Haha 1

I have been told of a once friendly relationship between the Aris and PAOK fans where they would happily stand and drinker together but this all stopped about 15 years ago (maybe he said the 80s..:animaatjes-confused-1124061: i cant remember)? if not completely friendly, it was never as heated as it is now where the fans mixing would be unthinking able?  

Is this true? If so i would imagine the animosity towards Athens is what facilitated this? 

Maybe i totally misunderstood what i was being told or i just dreamed it :confused:

Can anyone confirm that i am indeed delusional?

• Like it 1

"Φιλικές" σχέσεις με σκουλήκια; Ίσως τη δεκαετία του 60'.

Διαβάζω στα φόρουμ, τα σκουλήκια πανηγύρισαν το γκολ του Πόνσε πιο πολύ από τα δικά τους και ήδη ονειρεύονται διπλό του γαύρου στην Τούμπα. Και μετά ονειρεύονται να έρθουν να πάρουν διπλό και να μας κόψουν το πρωτάθλημα. Αγαπητά μου σκουλήκια, τα ξεχάσατε τα ΗΜΝΣΓ του πρώτου γύρου σύντομα. Πολύ χαίρομαι. Ελάτε πάλι να μας κερδίσετε. Θα φάτε ένα τρίμπαλο στο χαλαρό και θα πείτε κι ευχαριστώ.

Καρύπαρε προεδράρα για πάντα Αρειανάρα!

The mastermind behind the ref Tzilos beating has left the country before the police could arrest him.

His name has been know just few days after the incident, Famous lawyer and AE Larisa owner took over the case. The scumbag Thomaidis has been parading his initials (D.M.) on his blog for over a month now. The police turned over all the evidence to the prosecutor, who has been dragging his feet in the case. If that does not smell of cover up I don't know what is.

6 hours ago, BostonThanatos said:

Ouzounidis is sacked and it looks like Jimenez is on his way back.

Ο τίγρης μεγάλος μάγκας. Πήρε Μαρίνο, του έφερε Αλμπάνη και Γιαννιώτα, πάτωσε και τώρα έδιωξε τον Μαρίνο για να φέρει πίσω τον Μανόλο που είχε αφήσει την "Πρωταθλήτρια" το καλοκαίρι για να πάει στη Σεγούντα Ντιβιζιόν. Και για μεταγραφές Ιανουαρίου, ανανέωσε τον Μπακασέτα και τον Σιμόες που τους είχε βγάλει εκτός ομάδας. Άρχοντας ο νιάου! Τα 14,000 διαρκείας που είχε φέτος βλέπω να γίνονται κάτω από 10,000 του χρόνου!

ΚΛΕΦΤΕΣ, ΚΛΕΦΤΕΣ!

The OFI thing is BS. Guess which team they defeated this season? I believe this is an attempt to get the 3 points they lost to OFI and get close to PAOK. When the idiot Theodoridis and the fat drug dealer say they will win the championship in the end that's how they planning on doing it. 

• Like it 1

Δείτε τα πρωτοσέλιδα από το ΦΩΣ και τον Πρωταθλητή για να καταλάβετε γιατί ΑΕΧ και Ολυμπιακός πάνε χέρι χέρι.

Σφαγή του Ατρομήτου με πέναλτι εκτός περιοχής και χέρι του Χουλτ που δεν δόθηκε και οι δύο εφημερίδες του Ολυμπιακού το έχουν στα ψιλά γράμματα. Τελευταία είδηση. Αν δοθεί ένα ανάποδο πλάγιο στον ΠΑΟΚ βγάζουν μαϊμούδες και πρωτοσέλιδα με τον χαλίφη Ιβάν.

Σιχάματα και ρουφιάνοι!

21 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

The ref and linesman at Atromitos - AEX were once again horrible

Well that ref is the 4th official in Sunday's derby. Let's hope the Spaniards does not get injured.

Sidiropoulos once touted as the top Greek ref is sure going downhill, just like the rest of the Greek refs.

Μα τι λέτε; Σφυρίγματα υπέρ ΑΕΚ και Ολυμπιακού; Αυτό δεν γίνεται φέτος. Μόνο ο ΠΑΟΚ παίρνει σφυρίγματα και μάλιστα σε κάθε παιχνίδι. Ντροπή πια με τον Τσίπρα που δίνει το πρωτάθλημα στον Σαββίδη. Δεν κρατούν ούτε τα προσχήματα.