Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

AEK was lucky because PAS did not get a penalty call when the score was 0:0. If it was called it would also have been a red card to the goalie. AEK will have a tough time with all the big and frequent games coming up for them.

I watched the second half of AEK's game. Even though I still think AEK is a bigger team overall than us, I don't think their roster is that incredible. And why they shouldn't drop points at Larisa? We did us well. I hope AEK will not lose from Olympiakos. A draw will be great.

But seriously, who does think that Oikodomos will be playing very well every single time? The guy was a talent that never reached his potential due to limited brain function. He never had a whole consistent season and I don't expect him to have this year as well. His incentives is to prove to all those who called him "palto" that he is a top Greek player and that's not good enough IMO.

I would seriously like the opinion of Olympiakos fans about Karapappas and Theodoridis.

This year they both are complaining for the referees, every single week. For their matches, for PAOK matches, for AEK matches, even for Panathinaikos games -in the beginning that Panathinaikos was in a good shape.

Are gavroi ashamed of what they say and post on facebook? I, as Paoktsis, was myself on many many occasions ashamed from posts by Kiriakos Kiriakos. But I really cannot imagine what Olympiakos' fans (I am polite not to call them gavroi) think of them. Do they represent the way of their thinking? Are they ashamed but cannot do anything about that?

Sadly, only one red card (Botia).

Standings are as follows:

PAOK 46

AEK 44

Olympiakos 42

Atromitos 38

The next two weeks should be interesting. I would not be surprised to see both of our rivals lose points. I can't see us dropping any vs our next two opponents.

Match day 21:

• AEK - Asteras
  • Atromitos - Olympiakos
  • PAOK - AEL

Match day 22:

• Asteras - Atromitos
  • Lamia - PAOK
  • AEK - Xanthi
  • Olympiakos - Panionios

Day 23 will be a big one - we play Olympiakos at home, while Atromitos welcomes AEK. With any luck, we'll end that match day with a game in hand over each of our rivals.

^ for sure

Apparently there was some crowd trouble at the game. Possible pitch invasion + the destruction of some of AEK's bus's windows. I'm reading that the stuff that happened in the stadium could result in a 2-4 game home fans ban and a three point deduction. I'll eat my hat if that happens.

If this isn't a cut and dried case for points deductions I don't know what is.  If this isn't such a case, how do we define such a case ?  When there are "x" number of fans on the pitch ?  When there are "x" number of punches thrown ?  When there is "x" dollars of property damage done to the stadium ?  End of the day, it has to pass the common sense test, and that is, do we want this sort of thing discouraged or not ?  If your answer is no i.e. you are all right with this sort of thing happening any time, then sure, there should be no points deductions.  But then those who complain of the poor state of football in Greece in general can stop their complaining or their calls for improvement.

Greeks being Greeks, with cynicism in our blood, will say "Of course Olympiakos had points deducted, Savvidis owns EPO and he wants to win the league".  And you know what, they may be right, but of what relevance is this ?  Should Olympiakos feel aggrieved if there is a points deduction because in the past they would have gotten away with it ?  Is the implication that if Marinakis controls EPL then there would not be a points deduction ?!  The implication is that no one in Greece believes in a fair and just system.  They believe that the only way to get justice is to control EPO.  You either control it and have ... a better brand of justice ... or you don't and you have no justice.  Either way, it reflects poorly on Greeks and Greece as a nation.  It's actually embarrassing.

Olympiakos should cop it.  And cop it sweet, and the same should happen to any other team that has a similar incident where there is a violent (violent being the operative word) pitch invasion.  You can't let incidents like this go unpunished and anything short of points deductions is a slap on the wrist.

• Like it 1

They've already churned out a statement about what happened with our fans at Giannina and how we aren't going to be punished. Trouble outside the stadium isn't a pitch invasion last time I checked, but hey im not sure

Greek football has always been embarrassing with this sort of stuff. No one can just take a punishment, or admit they were beaten by a better team. There's always a conspiracy. We too have been guilty of that in the past. 

The difference is Olympiakos has 2 men who are A class liars and do mind stepping in front of the cameras and talking absolute pure s%$#!. It's honestly laughable at times the things that come out of Savvas mouth. Marinaki to a lesser extent but he spoke up after the AEK game and did make me giggle a little. They are so good at it, it honestly makes me think they believe the stuff they are saying

Edited by paokarag4

The propaganda machine went into full swing digging out youtube videos claiming our fans caused serious trouble in Giannina. Never mind that one of the videos they were peddling was actually showing Giannina fans breaking seat at the stadium.