Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

AEK drew vs Smyrni, a win today will bring us level with them on points. Surprising result.

In other news, Warda scored a brace in Atromitos' 1-3 win vs Kerkyra. They're now in second place, with 30 points.

It's a dangerous tackle but there was no malice.  The Olympiakos player had his eyes on the ball not the man.  I don't think he even knew the man was there until the moment the ball got close to him.  I see these sorts of tackles often.  Is it a yellow ?  Is it a red ?  Not sure.  The important thing is consistency from the referees so the players know where they stand (or not depending on if they were the one being kicked in the head or doing the kicking).

agree bananas well said. it's a grey area, I understand people calling for a red, dangerous play is dangerous play. Not sure what I would have given. I have seen them go both ways.

Blackhawk are you talking about the foul were koulouris was looking at the defender and jumped with his elbow? or am I remembering it incorrectly ? If it is that one, my feeling was it was a clear red card and extremely stupid from Koulouris.

12 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

agree bananas well said. it's a grey area, I understand people calling for a red, dangerous play is dangerous play. Not sure what I would have given. I have seen them go both ways.

Blackhawk are you talking about the foul were koulouris was looking at the defender and jumped with his elbow? or am I remembering it incorrectly ? If it is that one, my feeling was it was a clear red card and extremely stupid from Koulouris.

In my opinion if that's not a red card then I don't know what does. It might not have been intentional but it's a dangerous foul that could have resulted in a very serious injury.

As for the Koulouris foul, yes that is the one. I agree it was a stupid foul by him, but we see similar elbow infractions quite often in Superleague without getting called at all. If there was a consistent punishment by the Greek refs for that foul than I would have no problem with the red. However we know that this is not the case.

The players of OFI announced that they haven’t received money for two or three months and that they now will leave the club. Some players are entitled to get their wages from last season. 

According to the rules they can go to any team they want without a fee for OFI. 

They withdrew from the SL in March 2015 :  http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/apoxwrise-o-ofi/3078491

In May 2016 OFI were promoted to Football League:  http://www.ant1news.gr/news/Sports/article/444242/anebike-sti-football-league-o-ofi

Don’t know if they can do the trick again. Personelly I am not charmed of this method to get rid of debts and start all over again like nothing happened. 

• Like it 1

Don’t know, jvc!

Look at the ticket sales in Greece: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Superleague_Greece. There is only one word: pathetic. Only the big 4 have above 5K spectators. Even my team can not fill Toumba every time. Maybe we need a total catharsis.

I have a lot of comparison with the Dutch Eredivisie. Soccer is in a deplorabele state too. The National Team flunked and is absent at the WC. All clubs are eliminated from EL or CL. Only 4 wins. Utrecht won only one game against some guys from Malta and one (very good) win against Zenit. Feyenoord and Vitesse won their last MD against opponents that couldn’t care less about that game. Yet though in our league the spectators keep coming. Those truckers from the capital and Feyenoord have every game 50K(+) on board. Despite having a bad season. PSV has 30K. Lowest attendance was Excelsior Rotterdam - VVV Venlo: 3.704 (at the tiniest stadium with the maximum capacity of 4.500).

Greece is a soccer-country like The Netherlands at the moment. No WC. But with one competitor left in EL! Greeks are considered to be passionate people but I can not see it when it comes to going to the stadium. Maybe it is the crisis. But bouzoukia, restaurants and kafenia are full. Most Greeks smoke like hell. Why not save some of that money and go the the stadium. Season tickets aren’t that expensive. Tickets for one game do not cost much either. Still there are no filled stadiums when the big 4 pass by. I see only the kerkides of PAOK-tzides. We overcrowd the home-spectators. Maybe because they tripled the prices as against Platanias cheapest ticket was 30 euro against us. 

Is it corruption that keeps people away from the stadium? Than maybe bankruptcy is the right answer. But in other countries referees make mistakes too. Here cupfinals were won with offside goals too. In Spain Barcelona only this year were not allowed two 100% goals that were clear over the line. Spanish refs are the worst there are. Yellow if you grab someone’s shirt. Nothing for a clear foul. Ramos got away with it with just 24 red cards. Should have been some 50 or so. So are we different from other countries? Don’t think so. Everywhere the big clubs get the benefit of the doubt. 

Unless fraud is detected. Like Calciopoli in Italy. Just nail that club(s) with fines and relegation. But I don’t expect that in Greece as there is nobody willing to, it seems. Otherwise there would have been a law like in England that works against hooliganism. I like the bengalika at stadium but it must be done organised. Not by the hooli-leaders. Kekleismenon thiron is not the answer after yet a game with flares.

So we need some self-deflection and balls in Greece. Ai, why starts my brain hurting just at this moment .....

• Like it 1