Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

PAO up 1-0 in the 56th minute (Villafanez). I think I'd prefer a draw in that game (just in case PAO gets their s%$#! together later in the season), but anything that takes points off of Oly is fine by me.

Earlier in the day, Larissa also gave Levadiakos their first loss in this season's league.

-edit- game ended 1-0

Edited by pash

Atromitos has a tough schedule coming up the next 3 weeks with Panionio, PAOK and PAO and should be dropping some points, if anything we should beat them to overtake first place (assuming we win today).

AEK is looking at PAOK and Panathinaikos coming up and with their European matches thrown in, they have proven that they struggle with the busy schedule. 

Panathinaikos has Asteras, AEK Atromiton and Panionios in the upcoming weeks, but they've got a boost of confidence and I don't expect them to drop many points.

Olympiakos has the easiest road ahead, with the next 5 matches basically against the bottom feeding 5-6 teams in the league and should be able to cruise without losing many points. 

Our schedule is AEK, Atromitos and Panionios... These will all be must win matches if we want any chance in seperation at the top.  

The next month and a half is going to be very interesting, with every match week featuring at least 2 matchups of the top 6 teams every week and the Leader board should see lots of movement.

I'm actually hopeful that all the talk about "in 2 months we'll be ready" that we heard 2 months ago will come to fruition.  We need to seriously get our act together and play some good ball if we want to still talk about championships in the winter.  Olympiakos is going to make it's move now.  I predict 5 straight wins for them.  We have zero room for error right now.  Taking down AEK and Atromitos the next 3 weeks will be HUGE for us to take the #1 spot and sit there alone going into the lighter part of our schedule. 

Panaitolikos-Xanthi ended 1-3

Atromitos-Panionios is in the 94th minute and is 0-0 (which is a great result for us).

Asteras vs PAO starts in about a half hour, hopefully Asteras chooses now to rise from the ashes.

12 hours ago, pash said:

Atromitos-Panionios is in the 94th minute and is 0-0 (which is a great result for us).

Watched the game, which was quite good. Either team could have won. Warda played very well. So did Giannoulis. Chatziisaias was ok. Lambrou came in as a sub but didn't do much.

The best news came after the game. Apparently Atromitos decided that Warda and Giannoulis will sit out the PAOK game due to 4 yellow cards each.

The courts have formally charged 28 people with the crime of running a criminal organization that was controlling and fixing games in Greek football.

Among people that are being charged:

Evaggelos Marinakis - owner of Olympiakos
Georgios Spanos - owner of Atromitos
Ioannis Kobotis - owner of Levadeiakos
Georgios Arvanitidis - former owner of Veroia
Georgios Sarris - former president of EPO

also following referees:

Giorgos Douros
Thanasis Briakos
Thanasis Giahos
Ilias Spathas
Alexandros Dimitropoulos
Apostolos Amparkiolis
Giannis Kampaksis
Kostas Ioannidis

and others

23433177_10208917608655827_1291626406_o.

• Like it 1

So I watched an interview with Ouzounidis in which he flat out said they have to sell at least one player this summer.  The players he mentioned were Hult, Kourbelis and Moledo.  He also mentioned that the players are not paid for October and if there is no sale soon then certain players will have the right to file for "prosfigi".  He is also not paid himself.

Just wondering what people's thoughts on Kourbelis are ?  Do you think he would be a good player for us ?