Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Dutch Eagle said:

And EPO was doing what in the meantime? In the Netherlands we had a club, Wageningen, who were taken their license with a deficit of only 300K Dutch Florins (136K euro) what was absurd. But allowing a club to go this far without action?!?!

EPO has nothing to do with that. The debt is by the Iraklis Amateur club (Erasitexnis) that runs the various amateur sports. The Undersecretary of Sports has the responsibility to oversee those financial issues. Being a government agency tells you why nothing has been done. 

EPO has a say in the debt of PAE AEP Iraklis (the fake Iraklis). That debt is 4 mil Euro, and was created in the past 4 years. The EPO punishments all these years were limits on transfers.

14 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Why are Olympiakos crying for the referee? Is there any basis on what they say?

There is.  They didn't win.  Hence you look for any and every decision that didn't go your way.  Mind you PAOK, AEK and PAO are the same.  Big bunch of cry babies all of them.  Do you see that in other countries ?  I see BIG mistakes ALL THE TIME in other countries.  But they get over it and move on.  In Greece, it has to be a conspiracy.  M-A-L-A-K-I-E-S.

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Tough night for Henrique as Qarabag got destroyed by Chelsea. Henrique came in as a sub.

I would've preferred we had Henrique.  Maybe he could've scored on the weekend against Apollon Smyrnis.  Lord knows we needed some firepower and someone that could take players on, one vs one.  That is one thing Henrique is good at.

Edited by Bananas

I watched most of the Chelsea v Qarabag game. In my opinion Champions League has ruined football. The cash teams get from participating is a ridiculous amount when compared to what teams from the same league get who aren't playing in Europe. The English commentator last night said Qarabag's style of play in the final third was confusing as they were just passing the ball around comfortably instead of penetrating when they had Chelsea on the back foot (only a few times but still!). He then proceeded to say "The standard in their league can't be very high if they are just happy to shift the ball around in such situations. It must be easy for them against their league opponents."

That is the problem. Yes, CL makes a good watch but it kills league football. Qarabag are not a good side yet they are the best in their league and after the CL income will no doubt get better (for their level). Exactly the same happened in Greece and in many other countries. It's that Greek saying which goes something like στο χωριό γαμπρός και στην πόλη τελευταίος!

CL money is part of the problem.  The part I think is more detrimental is how teams in the EU can have as many players as they want that are EU nationals.  I'd prefer if there was a limit like they do in Turkey.  But that would never happen.  The big boys would squeal.

Gifted again, this time by Asteras. Unfortunately Olympiakos tied the game with a 90th minute penalty. Right now we're in second place, tied on points. AEK (in 3rd) is playing tomorrow away vs Lamia and will likely leapfrog us. Panionios (in 4th) is playing what will probably be a tough away game vs Giannina, on Monday.

Well, the ball was on the armpit and that - my friends - is a part of your arm if you are the opponent of The Gayros. Your belly and nipples are part of your arm too. Only your leg is not your arm.

http://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/superleague/article/376084/vinteo-i-alloiosi-apotelesmatos-me-ofsaint-kai-penalti-gia

Anyway, Hasi will be sacked soon.