Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Panionios beat ND Gorica 2-0 at home. Barring a disaster, they should make it to the next round (but as one of the lowest-ranked teams in the competition, they're going to have a hell of an uphill battle qualifying).

More importantly - Lamprou played 90 minutes as RW.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see what AEK will do against the Belgians.

Μας ζάλισαν το κεφάλι όλο το καλοκαίρι με τ' αστέρια και το Τσουλού και την ΑΕΚΑΡΑ που θα μπει ομίλους Τσάμπιονς Λιγκ και που βγήκε 1η στα πλέι οφ και αναγεννάται και όλοι τρέμουν την υπερομάδα του τίγρη. Με όλο το σεβασμό στην τεράστια ιστορία της ΑΕΚ, στους αδύναμους είστε βρε κουτορνήθια και έχετε τον αποδεδειγμένα λίγο διανοητικά οικοδόμο (Χριστοδουλόπουλος). Για να σας δούμε τώρα να σκίζεστε μήπως και καταφέρετε να μπείτε ομίλους Ουέφα γιατί πολύ πιθανό να μην υπάρξει Ευρώπη για εσάς ούτε φέτος.

AEK, even getting a fairly lucky draw to be be playing Brugge (they avoided AC Milan and Dinamo Kiev) they are still the outsiders.  Even Krasnodar are a tough team.  They played us off the park a few seasons ago in the EL Group Stage.  Still, at least they are a chance but it's going to be tough.  These past 5 years of not accumulating points have come back to bite them in the ass.

PAO got the unluckiest draw of all with their match up against Athletic Bilbao.  A side that realistically would beat all Greek sides fairly easily.  The good thing is PAO looked good against Qabala so at least the team is looking fit and hungry.  They'll need it.

Yes, I am just frustrated that the AEK reporters were keep bullshiting about Champions League. Ποιον κοροϊδεύετε ρε ταγάρια; Χωρίς ομάδα είναι δυνατόν να πας στο Τσάμπιονς Λιγκ;

For them, even to make it to the group stages of the Uefa, they have to try really really hard. It is not easy when you are unseeded. And we know that better than anyone cause we had to eliminate Fenerbahce to make it to the group stages of the Uefa after all those years that we were not playing in Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

All three of our owners have given plenty of lectures on how they are going to smash Olympiakos and get the championship. For quite a few years... It's time for action and seriousness from everybody. We reached the bottom, especially in Europe (mainly AEK and Panathinaikos) and it's time for something to honestly change for the better.

The Gavros reached GS of CL after a win away in  Croatia.

Good for us for three reasons:

a) Greece gets points for the coefficient;

b) Croatia does not get points (now);

c) we don't have to split the TV-Revenues of EL with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Iraklis is a very complicated situation that involves the original Iraklis, the fake Iraklis (AEP), and fans with major complex that dictate on how their team should be run, pretty much not allowing any investor into putting money into the team.

The fake Iraklis decided that they can't take part in Football league and basically are being dissolved by the crooked owner Spyros Papathanasakis. He could decide to play in 3rd division (amateur), but I doubt that he has any money to do that either. Now who will pay the 4 mil Euro debt he created is another question.

Then there is the amateur Iraklis (the real one) that could field a football team if they decide to do so, but they would have to start playing in Thessaloniki's 3rd division. Incidentally the amateur Iraklis has a debt of 499 milion Euro!!!

Another option is to create another fake Iraklis and there is already talk of absorbing the team Iraklis Ambelokipi and renaming that team Iraklis Thessaloniki. If that happens the team would start competition in Thessaloniki's 1st Division.

In any case if there no investor putting money into the team, the team has no future.   

It doesn't sound like any of these will result in real success. I don't suppose one of the Iraklis clubs owns Kaftanzoglio (or is it government-owned)? Since we may have to start renting it out, it might end up being the only profitable part of that damn club.

Ηρακλής such a sad story...

I remember when I was very young (I am still young, just then I was younger) in the late 90s and early 2000s I liked that team. Even though we used not to win them, I would be mad on them just for a week and blame my own team. Deeply inside I liked them and I liked the fact that they were in the A Ethniki and they would make some big wins against the Athenians. The last decade (almost) this Autonomi Gate 10 rise which I think is equivalent to Super 3 for the skoulikia. Their only concern is to fight PAOK, beat our fans after games, and screw up even more their own team. They are pathetic and miserable. That's why they are only 2,000 or so left. I like the memories of having Iraklis in the League, but I sure as hell think that they get what they deserve all those years. And the only thing that is left to them is that PAOK didn't succeed on winning them at their home since 1997.

4 hours ago, jvc said:

499 million debt....is that sum accurate?

That's what is being reported. It includes interest and heavy fines. It is also results for falsifying the accounting books for decades, which brought in even more fines.

On 7-9-2017 at 3:47 PM, jvc said:

Rent is a drop in the bucket.   A 499 million debt only means one thing....many pockets have been filled up.  Another example of a corrupt society.

And EPO was doing what in the meantime? In the Netherlands we had a club, Wageningen, who were taken their license with a deficit of only 300K Dutch Florins (136K euro) what was absurd. But allowing a club to go this far without action?!?!

• Like it 1