Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Iraklis again fined 6 points, which I think is the third or fourth time this season. If it sticks, they will take Levadiakos' place in the second division. They again did not pay their players.

(I believe Iraklis made a payment and they're back in the first division)

Panathinaikos will be doing its summer training in northern Greece, because plane tickets are expensive.

I think it's so hilarious how Anti-PAOK Sport-fm.gr has been since we eliminated them from the Cup.  I remember it being super Pro-Olympiakos, but someone here said it got bought out by a PAO supporting group now (Blackhawk?) ... although that douchebag Nikolakopoulos still writes articles for them.

7 hours ago, jvc said:

^^Lol.  Did PAOK fans attack AEK hooligans with knives?  11 injuries?  Savidis set the stage going after Olympiakos and AEK for points....do you deserve 6 points deducted next season?

PAOK deserves 12 points deduction and AEK no points.  To date, as far as I know, PAOK is the only team that's been deducted points so why not stick with the theme.

The Athens teams have been accustomed to bashing PAOK for decades.  I mean, it was easy to do.  What the hell were Batatoudis, Goumenos, even Zagorakis going to do about it ?  Easy target, just give it to them.  Now that they can't just do it (at least not as easily as in the good old days) this is causing mass hysteria.  The reactions have been amusing to say the least.

I always found it funny how teams get punished for the actions of fans...regardless of what team.  We had this conversation on the other forum before.  The league should be concentrating on how to actually  run a secure event, and prosecuting criminal behavior, rather than sending out invoices every time some s%$#! goes down.  

Let them give it a shot. Let every team who has its fans act like animals get a points deduction. Do you think any punishment is heading AEK's way for their fan's conduct? Somehow doubtful...which is kind of the point.

I get that Panathinaikos is sour...you guys got annihilated twice in Toumba, and getting that handball penalty ignored in your stadium is way too close a call for anyone to be happy with. It just seems very transparent, however, when every Athenian team (can we call you PanathinAEKos?) sticks together so closely.

Why are you guys so angry about our trying to get Olympiakos punished in accordance with the rules, anyway? Wouldn't you be happy to see them drop down a spot, if you loathe them so much?

• Like it 1

Bananes manges!  Olympanaaek are so used to stealing from PAOK for the last how many decades that now all of a sudden that there are possible repercussions, they find this ... bemusing, insulting ... it shouldn't be like this ?!?!  Olympanaaek are the ones that do the RIGGING.  NOT PAOK !!!  How can this be ?!  I am so confused, gestalf shift, etc.

12 hours ago, jvc said:

PAO had points deducted 2 seasons in a row....2014 and 15.  That being said,  PAOK deserves points deducted and you know it....STABBINGS!!!  Attempted murder,  are you kidding me, get real!

Ah yes, fair enough.  I forgot about the points deductions.  As for the knives, I have it from reputable sources that they were supplied by Marinakis, Alafouzos and Melissanidis.  Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :)  Seriously though, should the team be punished because some brain dead prezoni brings a knife to the game and tries to kill someone ?  Lock the stooge up and be done with it.  What does the team have to do with it in this instance ?

On 5/7/2017 at 10:49 AM, BostonThanatos said:

I think it's so hilarious how Anti-PAOK Sport-fm.gr has been since we eliminated them from the Cup.  I remember it being super Pro-Olympiakos, but someone here said it got bought out by a PAO supporting group now (Blackhawk?) ... although that douchebag Nikolakopoulos still writes articles for them.

I think Alafouzos has the controlling majority of shares in Sport FM. 

2 hours ago, jvc said:

^^Yes I agree....but it's Savidis who's going around looking for teams to get penalized.  

Which according to the rules of the competitions they should. Not only did Olympiakos not get punished according to the rule books, today the initial punishment was reduced from 4 games to 1 game behind closed doors and the fine was cut in half. It's exactly this selective punishments that is holding any progress of the sport in Greece. 

Why are you keepeng out AEK from the point deduction scenario? Did they not start the trouble?

No, there should not be point deductions for PAOK or AEK. The rules do not provide for point deductions for fan trouble that occur when the two teams are not even present at the stadium. Additionally, Olympiakos was going to get punished because officers of the game were attacked during or after the game. Fines clearly spelled out in the rule books, but not administered. Not only that they got reduced on appeal.

Now, the crowd trouble was disgusting, and the teams should be punished for giving out tickets to those fans. I think the fault is with EPO and the police that supposedly had everyone entering the stadium go through security checks. Also the police left the bridge connecting both fan bases without the police blocking it. Now how stupid can they be. Specially when exactly the same thing happened few years back in a game between Olympiakos Volos and PAOK. Believe me there were others that were very happy to see these incident take place, and they use to their benefit with media propaganda.

What should be investigated is how those hooligans managed to get those items into the stadium. But this has been happening in Greek stadiums for years and nothing has ever been done about it. Nobody apparently wants a solution to this problem.

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, jvc said:

Those incidents are nothing compared to what transpired at the cup final....that being said,  you agree both Olympiakos and PAOK deserve 6 points deducted?

Here's the problem with your argument, the problem didn't happen at the Cup final, it happened away from the stadium [a neutral stadium too] where neither team has an ability to control or mitigate events. However if your premise is that clubs should be fined regardless of where or when the incidents take place then could you kindly make sure EPO knows the address at Toumba so they can post us the league title, if you've seen the ridiculous scenes from the volleyball final Olympiakos should be deducted 35 points [even allowing for an Athenian reduction it should bring it down to 9 points]. Extrapolating that theory also, if we applied your rule though across the board perhaps the title should go to Platanias or Xanthi after you strip points from everyone for general degenerate behaviour everywhere.

• Like it 1

Looks like Iraklis is up for sale (again?).

Incidentally, someone was telling me the other day that in Greece, foreign ownership is not allowed for clubs. Is this true?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, what is Christodoulopoulos's gripe with PAOK ?  I noticed when he scored today against PAO he decided to not celebrate, which is fair enough.  Against us though he was overjoyed to stick it to us.  Just curious.

Back in 06 I believe it was, he trialled with Liverpool and the reds wanted to sign him (not sure if it was for the first team or 2nd team) PAOK refused to let him go and so he cracked it and said he would never play for PAOK again. I'm pretty sure he didn't play for the rest of the season and then he moved to PAO that summer. I was only young then though so i might have some facts crossed.  

Edited by paokarag4

That's allegedly what happened, but in those days (2006/2007) it was rumored that there was another Greek team behind the whole situation that tried to get him for free. He filed a "prosfygi" for his freedom, but EPO did not approve it.  

Actually when he refused to play for PAOK he said "I would rather work as a brick layer before I would play for PAOK again". That earned him the nickname "Oικοδόμος" (construction worker, builder).

This is what we discussed about Christodoulopoulos on Phantis in those days:

You'd think he'd get over it by now.  Everyone would understand it was a "heat of the moment" thing from a young guy.  Anyway, if he'd prefer laying bricks, good luck to him.  The truth is if we wanted him in the summer he most likely would have come (kaching $$$$$) and then he'd be kissing the badge etc.  Ase mas.

Superleague voted today to deduct 3 points from Iraklis for non-payment of wages to their player Portoulidis. As a result they are now level on points with Levadeiakos and will be relegated since Levadeiakos wins the tie breaker.

The vote was 9:2 in favor of Levadeiakos. PAOK voted with the majority.