Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

Not really.

EEA (Committee of Professional Sports) wants to punish them because the majority shareholder of the team allegedly transferred his shares  by sale to a another person only on paper. Basically he claimed that he sold his shares, but instead he was still in possession and was the owner of the team even though the papers showed that somebody else owned the team.

EPO (that includes a dozen members that are under investigation) has cleared Veroia of wrongdoing in the Olympiakos - Veroia match fixing scandal. Veroia was accused that they fixed the match to end in a 3:0 loss to Olympiakos. Now how you do that without the other team being part of the fix is a big mystery to me. That's why I always believed that nothing would come of this.

Now, the ex-owner of Veroia, Arvanitidis is claiming that the whole thing was orchestrated by Melissanidis, the man running AEK. Of note is also the report that Arvanitidis and his son want to take control of Aris. If that happens I am sure EPO will give Aris a straight ticket to the Football League despite the fact that they failed to qualify from  the Amateur division. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back in good old Holland I saw yesterday a very unusual scene for those who watch Greek football.

When I was watching on the Dutch Nova the Feyenoord-Gavros-game the team NOT coming from Pireaus was awarded a......

Penalty!!!!

But I have to admit also that gavro played very well. And Feyenoord very poor by the way.

Edited by Dutch Eagle
  • Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

After 3 months, Superleague certified last seasons standings, which after the Kerkyra punishments means that Levadeiakos will stay in the Superleague and will not be relegated. If the standings were certified shortly after the conclusion of the Superleague, the according to league rules, the 3rd team from the Football League would have been promoted, and Levadeiakos would never be allowed to stay in the Superleague. It is certain that this was the reason why the final standings were not certified sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of Aris. It's official Aris will play one more season (at least) in the amateur division (3rd Division). They tried all kinds of legal maneuvers to move up to Football League after failing to qualify on the field. Today was their latest and final appeal and it was again turned down. Tomorrow is the draw for the Football League and it will be without Aris.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pfft. I make no secrets about where my loyalties lie. Frankly, your guys are a much bigger threat. The only question is, which of these three teams is actually building for the future? I only count one.

• 1 month later...