Phantis Forums

Other Teams/Leagues Discussion

Blackhawk

PAS can sell players, and they sold Charisis and Korovesis to PAOK, so they could cover expenses in order to get the license. Apparently there is one more player that was sold according to their owner.

As I said they can sell players, but they will be limited to who they can sign. I think last season it was 3 players under the age of 23.

• 3 weeks later...

Veroia was saved from elimination by the Supeleague disciplinary commission. Veroia was implicated in arranging a 3:0 loss to Olympiakos couple years ago. The coach at that time, Kalaitzidis (current Aris coach), Georgeas and Kafes testified that during hal-time the Veroia General Manager told the players that the owner of the team wants the game to end in a 3:0 loss. Well guess what the final score was? Now how you arrange a fix without the other team knowing is beyond me.

In any case the Superleague disciplinary commission claims that there was not enough evidence to proceed with the case making everybody happy. Veroia stays in SL, Olympiakos is not implicated, and unfortunately more people will decide not to watch Greek soccer as a result.

it was not up to super-league to prosecute UEFA could have proceeded if there was enough evidence.

Superleague is the one that should initially investigate such accusations, since it's their own product that is on the line. However since all the decisions are made by Olympiakos with all the satellites, there was no way Superleague would go ahead implicating themselves.

The next step should be for EPO to step in and do their own investigation, but we know who controls them, and since UEFA would only step in if EPO asked for it, don't expect anything happening in such cases.

Veroia was saved from elimination by the Supeleague disciplinary commission. Veroia was implicated in arranging a 3:0 loss to Olympiakos couple years ago. The coach at that time, Kalaitzidis (current Aris coach), Georgeas and Kafes testified that during hal-time the Veroia General Manager told the players that the owner of the team wants the game to end in a 3:0 loss. Well guess what the final score was? Now how you arrange a fix without the other team knowing is beyond me.

In any case the Superleague disciplinary commission claims that there was not enough evidence to proceed with the case making everybody happy. Veroia stays in SL, Olympiakos is not implicated, and unfortunately more people will decide not to watch Greek soccer as a result.

the prosecutor Andreadhs is the only one trying not to cover the scandal :

• 4 weeks later...

Exclusive: UEFA ethics chiefs clears Greeks in match-fixing scandal for Europa League

Published on Wednesday, 17 June 2015 17:54 By Matt Scott

June 17 - UEFA's Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector has recommended the inclusion of a club under criminal investigation for match fixing into next season's Europa League competition, Insideworldfootball can reveal.

Greek team Asteras Tripolis have qualified directly for the group stages, alongside major European clubs such as Liverpool, Villarreal, Napoli and Schalke. Yet the club's president, Georgios Borovilos, and a board member, Dimitrios Bakos - who is also president of the Greek Super League - have been charged by Athens courts for alleged match-fixing and participation in a crime ring, dating back to 2011 [see related articles below].

Insideworldfootball has found:

Edited by Blackhawk

In spite of what our friends in the other forums are saying...I think there's no way Olympiakos is going to be held responsible for anything that happens. Marinakis will get the slap on the wrist he just did, and even if he is found responsible for personally bringing an assload of heroin into the country, smuggled between his ass cheeks, it will still have no effect on the club itself.

Where is all of this optimism coming from?

Yeah, that's the slap on the wrist I was referring to. Would be surprised if it gets any worse.

Sadly, I also believe this is the case. When this goes to trial, it will drag on for years, and eventually some low level guy (such as Sarris, Zografos, etc.) will take the fall and the big fish will find a way to get away with it.

Just remember that in 2011, Beos and Psomiadis were actually arrested and were held in prison before the trial. Now they are free and Beos is a mayor of Volos.

The committee for professional sports has decided that Kerkyra (AOK Kassiopi) should be relegated from Superleague. It's up to Superleague to accept this decision. Looks like Levadeiakos might be saved from relegation.