Phantis Forums

Chicago Blackhawks

Gary is cumming in his pants and foaming at the mouth now that Tampa is in the final and you know he's hoping Anaheim wins tonight. 

I think Chicago can do it. Anderson 13 goals against in the last 3 games but we shall see. 

Don't feel bad for the Rangers, they traded away top end draft picks for depth players like Yandle and now have no cup to show for it. 

I still stand by my statement.. If they win they will be a dynasty. Don't forget 3 cups in 6 years in the salary cup era is quite an accomplishment. They have as of right now survived turnover at both player and management positions. Aek66, you may have set up too much of a high standard there bud if you disagree... ;)

Let's just win the cup and who cares if they call it a dynasty or not. Winning 3 cups in 5 years is a big accomplishment, considering that prior to that we have been cupless since 1961.

GO Hawks.

• Like it 1

I think you might be right. After today's win I also think it will end in 5 games. Lightning came out blazing in the first period and got a lucky bounce that went in, but Hawks really put on some pressure in the 2nd and 3rd periods and eventually got rewarded with some good plays by Teravainen, and some key saves by Crawford to keep the team in the game.

I agree as well... I think it's a short series.. 4-5 games.. After having such a strong 1st period, and only being up 1-0, you knew that Tampa would buckle and that the experienced Hawks would come back strong. It was only a matter of time..

Edited by Giourkas

Not bad getting the initial win and claiming the home advantage. The two games in Chicago will dictate if it is going to be a short series or not. We need to win both.

Not being able to hold a lead after scoring for more than 13 seconds is becoming troublesome. I also question Q's defensive experiments with rookies in such pivotal game. We desperately need a win in the next game before going back to Florida.

Q throwing on the 4th line vs the Stamkos line at home (last line change) is unacceptable and a play right out of Therrien's playbook. How can an NHL coach make such a mistake? Especially right after taking the lead in the 3rd period...

I hope tonight is the day when we lift the trophy. It will be nice to win it at home, and hopefully they will dedicate it to the great Stan Mikita, who is suffering from a very serious health condition. 

We should try not to send the series to game 7, because it will be anybody's game at that point.

Blackhawks win 3rd Stanley Cup in 6 years defeating Tampa Bay 2:0 in sixth game of the finals.

Duncan Keith who scored the winning goal is the MVP of the playoffs:

gettyimages-477280506_wide-d6bc7ef47663d

Of the 3 recent cups I enjoyed this one the most. I think it was also toughest to win. Tampa Bay has a very good and young team. The will do well in the next few years.

Time for the parade on Thursday. I might even go this time around.

Roster changes are expected for the new season. It should be an interesting summer.