Phantis Forums

Chicago Blackhawks

Over 2 million fans participated in the team celebration. I went downtown, and it was a crazy. Never got near Soldier Field, which would have been useless anyway since I did not have tickets to get in. Still enjoyed the experience.

@BDGallof: Per NHL source, CHI currently asking for 1st rd pick, A-level prospect & top 6 forward on entry-level contract for Patrick Sharp #isles

Stan Bowman can ask for the moon. Doesn't mean he'll get it. Teams won't hand him a 4th Stanley Cup... Chicago needs to shed salary and beggers can't be choosers.. Sharp, a declining player, will go for far less...

• 2 weeks later...

The Saad trade shocked me. I'm upset Bergevin could not make a better offer for him. I will implode if he acquires the geriatric Sharp.

As for Lucic, you should be happy. Take it from a Habs fan, That guy can't keep up with fast paced hockey teams. He tends to get frustrated and takes dumb penalties. You'll love having him on the ice vs the Hawks... ;)

• 2 months later...

New season is just around the corner. The Hawks already played two pre-season games against Red Wings and have one tonight against Canadiens.

Quite few new players on the team and also some big names (Saad, Sharp) that left during the off-season.

On top of that we have the Patrick Kane rape allegations, which have turn into a regular soap opera. So far I don't think it has impacted the team too much. 

I don't see us winning the cup this season, but should at least do well in the playoffs.

• 3 months later...

I guess all streaks have to end at some time. Loss to the Lightning ending the winning streak at 12 for the Blackhawks.

@aek66 - I guess Kane's problems during the summer did not faze him at all. He is having a stellar season so far.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I am confident that the dynasty will be extended with the start of the 2016-2017 NHL playoffs. I think Blackhawks have a solid team that can take them to the Stanley Cup finals once again.

Facing the Nashville Predators in the first game of Round 1. My prediction is Hawks in 5 games.

Blackhawk players decided not to show up for the two home games against Nasville. Failed to even score a single goal in the two games.

Third game tonight in Nashville. It's almost a do or die game for the team.