Phantis Forums

Chicago Blackhawks

Starting this topic to discuss anything related to one of the NHL original 6, the mighty Chicago Blackhawks.

The 2014-2015 season is over and the playoffs start this Wednesday. Blackhawks will play the Nashville Predators. The team finished the season on a weak note, having serious problems scoring goals. If it stays like that in the playoffs, I don't see us going far.

At least Crawford has been solid in goal.

To understand how serious this scoring drought has been, Patrick Kane is being forced to join the team way ahead of his projected return after his serious injury.

Go Hawks.

Great win by the Hawks in double overtime, despite being down 3:0 after the first period. Great move by Quenville replacing Crawford with Darling in the second period, who made over 40 saves after coming in.

will be watching. i blame roman josi primarily for two of the goals chicago scored last time. he was giving too much space in the wrong areas instead of getting in the attacker's face/making a check. he was a -3 in the game, indicative of his defensive errors. if he continues to make such mistakes it will be good bye to nashville because he is their no. 2 defenseman. regardless, the games so far have been quite entertaining. i'm pretty neutral these playoffs (so long as montreal don't win) and it's actually a relaxing change of pace...

Deja vu going back to game 2 of the series concerning last night's game. In the span of 2 and a half minutes we gave the Preds the win on a silver platter. Defensive lapses and bad penalty sealed the deal.

Game 6 of the series now becomes the pivotal game. Hope we can take it and finish the series.  If it goes to game 7, anything can happen.

it seems the hawks do not have a clear no. 1 goalie right now. this uncertainty does make any playoff run infinitely more difficult, but thankfully for you guys coach Q has an uncanny feel for the game and seems to select the right guy for the job on most nights. unless both crawford and darling become horrible each night, you guys can be competitive. minnesota are a solid team however and will fight hard, probably more challenging matchup than nashville. dubnyk is good but not invincible either I guess.

I agree that the Wild are better team than Predators. This will not be an easy series. I see this going 7 games.

As for the goalie situation I expect Crawford to be the no. 1 until he has a really bad game.

Blackhawks played their best game in the playoffs so far in yesterday's 1:0 win against the Wild in Minnesota.

Now we have 3 chances to finish the series. Hopefully we can finish it tomorrow and start looking ahead to the next round, where I think we will play the Mighty Ducks.

^and you have the dumbass Therrien saying that no adjustments are needed (and the power play is 1 for 1000 this spring!). Hopefully he will be adjusting his lazy boy in the decline position in his living room with some newly found spare time! Akous eki "no adjustment needed"... I mean you only have the NHL's best goalie (Vezina, MVP, and Jennings), an elite D-man (Norris Candidate), and one of the best scorers in the League (#67).. What a waste...

Suffice to say, when my team goes down, I will be rooting for the Hawks. I mean how can I not? I love your team's style and they have BALLS.

Can you say sweep? Hawks went in and ended any drams the Mild might have had about a comeback in the series. Although it got little bit crazy at the end.

I think we will play Anaheim in the Western Conference finals, even though I would prefer Calgary.

just like last year, i believe the winner of the western conference wins the cup.

I believe that too. This is going to be tough series though. I think Crawford will do fine. I am little bit worried about our defense. How much more extra time can Keith, Seabrook, Oduya and Hjalmarsson handle?

with the motivation of the stanley cup, i think quite a lot :P

however, i am very wary of the ducks. everything they have done all year, all the third period turnabouts, kind of hint at them as a team of destiny. it will be huge if they lose perry but even then, you especially don't want to play that team adding in some extra motivation for being seen as an underdog.

This was the Hawks longest game in history. If we lost yesterday, I could not see us turning things around from a 0:2 deficit.

As for the Shaw header, if he did not make such an obvious move to head it in, I can't see how they would not be able to allow it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bisGLo_mFGs[/youtube]

After today's game, even if it goes to game 7, I believe the Ducks will prevail. The game was lost and by miracle we tied it in the last 2 minutes of the game only to lose on their first shot in the OT. Overall I think they have a better team.