Phantis Forums
Dean97

Future Players Of The National Team

Dean97    154
13 hours ago, OFIMTL said:

How come Bobby Lykogiannis is not in our plans..was part of the youth side where him and Stafylidis manned the left side..we shoe horn guys down the left side or are not wing players..yes his league is inferior BUT he is a big kid 6'1 strong with good pace was talented enough for the youth sides but because he settles for a smaller club he is forgoitten...play Stafy at LB and him as an attacking left mid...and wow 2 leftfooters who will be able to play off of each other overlaps and both can cross my .02

I also want him to be part of the squad. I don't know where he would play as I also agree with red sheriff that we need a LW who has attacking flair. Fetfatzidis and Pelkas have flair. Also to mention Bouchalakis was part of that youth squad aswell. He can be another addition to the team like Diamantakos and Bakasetas.

Dean97    154

That's true. We should've looking for RB, CDM and Winger options as we don't have enough depth there. Limnios and Katranis are playing well also. All from Atromitos. How is Galanopoulos doing Amorgo? And what is his best position?

georgelaz    381

hahaha I posted right away I bet he would find form in scotland. he's a big powerful player, good interception skills, and killer shot. we give him too much shit imo.

future players = kolovos, mystiakidis, bouchalakis

still really liking Kaltsas. he's a big reason why asteras is so threatening.

Tziolis was the reason paok was doing decent half-seaason runs until last year. He in fact is a great player. But getting picked while with no team is unacceptable and made him look low in my eyes.

Dean97    154

Tziolis should not be part of the team. He is not good enough. I'm sick of seeing slow passes and not controlling the ball properly. We have Tachtsidis and Petsos. We also have good players in Superleague. Korbos and Siopis for example. Samaris is a no brainer. Bouchalakis and Charisis need a solid amount of game time to be included. 

Dean97    154

Lykogiannis, Kourbelis and Siopis look like hardworking players that will soon replace the likes of Tzavellas, Maniatis and Tziolis. They need a good amount of playing time. Bouchalakis and Vellios are being praised in the Nottingham Forest forums. They are players who should be looked at also. Donis is playing a higher level in the Bundesliga this year and looks as though he will grab that left wing spot for good. Another thing is the promising Retsos. He looks as though he will become an iconic player in the future.  I'd like to see him in the midfield, there's something about that says he will do well in the holding midfield role. He looks like a confident, hungry and ambitious player who is trying to progress as a player and person. I don't know which other young Greek player is like him with that much promise. I don't think there is. Yes Manthatis and Androutsos are trying, Limnios is another but no one is as hungry as Retsos. That's my interpretation.

Argy    156

I think Skibbe is doing a great job in transitioning this team into the next generation. Our young talent keeps getting opportunities and experience. This will not only help us on the pitch now, but avoid a collapse that we faced after WC14. 

Edited by Argy

Athens4    34

Skibbe was doing a good job until this week. Player selection for the past two games was unacceptable.

Brklyngrk    70

He has had a lot of selection issues due to injury and lack of fitness.  As much as I don't care for Tziolis, he probably felt he needed experience in the middle, continuity.  As for getting as many youth players in, that doesn't work either.  Remember Ranieri, he tried a million different players and we got the worst results possible. We need consistency with a little rotation. 

Dean97    154

Retsos, Donis, Katranis, Androutsos, Galanopoulos, Siampanis, Limnios, Manthatis, Evangelou, Nikolaou etc. 

How hard are these players willing to work to make a name for themselves. The first 2 look like they will soon prosper. With the others needing to work for everything. Ninis and Fetfatzidis have been big disappointments. 

Let's see if players like Fortounis, Mantalos, Tachtsidis, Karelis and Stafylidis can lead the younger crop like the way Sokratis, Torosidis, Karnezis and Mitroglou are right now. 

Lykogiannis, Bouchalakis and Pelkas still have time to break in this team.

RED SHERIFF    661

Any player who has not had a meaningful impact for club should not be considered a future prospect..

Limnios, Evangelou, Nikolaou, Siampanis...are barely senior footballers...

lei's try and keep this into perspective..

Dean97    154

I guess your right. Pelkas and Mystakidis are not playing regularly and will probably not again this season with the signings PAOK have made. Also they are easily the future of the team based by the players they are and the high potential.

Edited by Dean97

Blackhawk    798

Of the two only Mystakidis has what it takes to make the NT. Unfortunately he had a serious injury that sidelined him for 8 months. Pelkas is talented, but it's wasted talent. Very selfish player. Still much better than any other choices that are making the national squad. The fact that he plays for PAOK limits his chances to make the team. Same for Mystakidis.

Dean97    154

So as it seems they both can't be reliable in both club and country. They are both talented, but I think Pelkas can produce for Greece especially at right wing. Pelkas acceleration would be perfect for when we are around the box looking for a killer pass for him to run on to. Not only that his dribbling and passing is needed in this team. Mystakidis can be that 2nd striker and looks like he could work well with Donis and Mitroglou.  

Someone needs to put pressure on Fortounis. Mantalos should start and see how he goes. Donis will do good there but we need him on the wing. Zeca and Stafylidis did fine on the wings. But I think we need that technical player who is suited for that wing role. Mantalos is not cut out for it. 

J1078    301

Look at Zeca that guy busts his ass all over the field and plays with passion for us and he's not full Greek.. I'm totally good with having Lucas Villafanez.

ausgreek    205
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:55 AM, NikotheGreek said:

Have you guys heard the news about Lucas Villafanez?

Heard he holidays in Mykonos like Kosta.

PaoOle    8
On 9/16/2017 at 8:58 AM, J1078 said:

Look at Zeca that guy busts his ass all over the field and plays with passion for us and he's not full Greek.. I'm totally good with having Lucas Villafanez.

We will never find a player that busts his ass all over the field like Zeka does.

Again, having watched Villafanez, he is a decent player; actually I can say that he is a mix of Furtounis & Mandalos but not really better (faster than Mandalos, can play on the wing as Fortounis but not that fast, good control and some skill).

His main issue is that he does not score; actually me manages to misses all the chances he gets; this is a big thing for an offensive player.

He can help of the bench.

• Like it 1

J1078    301

^ I don't know much about him but having guys that can chip in and not be a liability coming off the bench like we have now can only be a plus.. I say let's give him a chance...