Phantis Forums

Future Players Of The National Team

Dean97

i though i'd start this topic as i can name a few that will be part of the Ethniki in the next 3-4 years for example:

Adam Tzanteopoulos - AEK Athens

Fanis Tzandaris - Paok

Dimitris Kolovos - Panionios

Angelos Oikonomou - Bayern Munich Youth

who else do you guys think will be part of the Ethniki?

• Like it 1

Tzandaris won't be part of the national team, he's a very mediocre player that fell out of favor at PAOK and only played in the beginning of the year because they had no one else.

I love Tzanetopoulos, he's the hardest working Greek player by far, and is a star in the making. However playing at Center back will hurt his NT chances, Dellas will teach him a lot at AEK of course but it will be difficult to overtake Sokratis, K Papa, and Manolas. He can also play defensive midfielder since he's pretty solid with the ball at his feet, look no further than the Atromitos game where he put in a fantastic performance.

I don't know enough about Oikonomou to comment.

Kolovos will need to gain a spot in Olympiakos' rotation or light the league up with Panionios to be called up, he's a very talented player and I would love to have him on my team. With time i think he'll make the ethniki.

Some others are Bakakis, Lagos, Klonaridis, Kourbelis, Anakoglou, and Aravidis. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few also.

i dont think anakoglou. i see lagos, bouchalakis, tzandaris and even pelkas. i like to see mavrias improve cause i think he could be a useful winger in years to come i also thought vellios would be a tank by now but he is not living up to it

Edited by Dean97

i dont think anakoglou. i see lagos, bouchalakis, tzandaris and even pelkas. i like to see mavrias improve cause i think he could be a useful winger in years to come i also thought vellios would be a tank by now but he is not living up to it

Anakoglou is a good player, much better on the ball than those players. He's played his best games against Super League teams, watch him next season.

maybe I am hung up on the term 'future prospects'...and in my mind a 28yo...with the next WC in 2018...is not the answer..

I see where you are coming from and you're right, he's not a "future" player, he's a player that should be called up right away given the form of Klaus Gekas and Mitroglou.

Let's not be too harsh on all these younger Greek talents that were overhyped earlier on to just disappear into football oblivion.

Every Country struggles with the same issues.

If England u-21 youngsters had continued to develop the way the media talks about them or some of the transfer fees that were paid for them early on in their careers they would win every single World Cup .

Kotsianikoulis was the first Greek Messi, right ? Ninis was once called potentially to be as good as Fabregas, Modric , Hazard etc as long as there was some other highly rated young player around Europe with similar skin tone, height and haircut that played in midfield then Ninis was him.

As for Vellios that was mentioned above. Here we have a young, strong kid who can play with his back to defenders , good in the air etc. showed tons of promise at Iraklis and then onto Everton but has lost his way a bit. Not so sure if he really isn't that good or doesn't have the proper work ethic but more that he been unlucky placed on teams that either didn't hove him a good run in the first team or had internal coaching issues. Talent will always rise and find its way at some point.

Manolas is the very best Greek footballer at the moment. 3 years ago he was also an unproven Greek youngster

• Like it 1

Speaking as a PAOK fan, the only truly young prospects I see playing for my team these days are Konstantinidis and Koulouris. Maybe Pozoglou, although after a good start with the senior team, he's gotten absolutely no time yet (probably a sign of him not being as good as I like). I believe one of Koulouris and Pozoglou are banned as well, anyway.

So that leaves Konstantinidis. Tzandaris had the benefit of lots of playing time with very low expectations, combined with an offense that was scoring for fun. I don't dislike him (he reminds me of a less aggressive Kace), but I think his mediocrity was covered up by those other points. He will end up in a midtable team, as Blackhawk used to say.

he made a good decsion i think because he can still prove himself and work harder in pana working for spots with likes of dinas, klonaridis and ajagun. while if he went to AEK i think he would be a definite starter because of the talent he has and the division he is playing in . atm its good for him to work harder and progress as a player at panathinaikos a club where he started and where he is familiar at 

yea true Mantalos is starting to be a true playmaker but do u actually think that Ninis would be on the bench if he joined AEK i wouldent dosent matter what position i think he would be starter he did score a goal in his first match back and earned man of the match in that game which was a cup match and against a division 2 team i still believe Ninis can become the player he once was if not better he just has to knuckle down work hard and play more games with pana just hope he can play more.

Edited by Dean97

Honestly even though I liked Santos I don't think he gave Ninis a fair shot at becoming a regular for the Ethniki, if you know the kid has potential you need give him some time, you can't play him like a yo yo and dress him for one game and sit him for 4 and so on. I think if we were patient with him in regards to the national team he could of become an important piece on the national team, I'm not saying it's to late for Ninis but we have a habit of giving up on kids very early before they actually develop.

He has 4 goals all year and is a striker, he's played less than 900 minutes this year, what makes you think he's so good

Meaning he should be starting more and that he can be reliable for the Ethniki. If he was bad he would be loaned out but he isnt.

Edited by Dean97

Meaning he should be starting more and that he can be reliable for the Ethniki. If he was bad he would be loaned out but he isnt.

But he is bad, he's the 4th string striker behind Mitroglou Benitez and Jara. Mitroglou and Jara aren't that good at all, Benitez I havent seen so I can't comment but if he's behind two shitty players he's not that good, overhyped by the media again.

• Like it 1