Phantis Forums

Future Players Of The National Team

Dean97

On 9/16/2017 at 8:58 AM, J1078 said:

Look at Zeca that guy busts his ass all over the field and plays with passion for us and he's not full Greek.. I'm totally good with having Lucas Villafanez.

We will never find a player that busts his ass all over the field like Zeka does.

Again, having watched Villafanez, he is a decent player; actually I can say that he is a mix of Furtounis & Mandalos but not really better (faster than Mandalos, can play on the wing as Fortounis but not that fast, good control and some skill).

His main issue is that he does not score; actually me manages to misses all the chances he gets; this is a big thing for an offensive player.

He can help of the bench.

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

so called gaurdian included 17 year old greek asteras tripolis defender in their annual list with the 60 most promising young players around the world. their latest picks from greece were lamprou, limnios and stergakis, the latter is a keeper. 

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to discuss something about our youth players coming up. Players such as Lamprou, Limnios, Androutsos, Risvanis, Manthatis and so on. 

I was wondering, how would we know if these players will become bigger players than the likes of Sokratis, Fortounis and Mitroglou?

One way in my opinion is by comparing the ages. For example. What did Fortounis do when he was 18-19? He played for some German team in the second division from Asteras. He then was chosen in the Euro squad in 2012. He is now playing for Olympiakos at the age of 24 and is a captain as well. Can we say has he progressed from those years? The answer is yes. Can he play in a better league? maybe.

He is just an example. The question is what are the young players of this current generation who are 18-20 doing right now. Lamprou went from Panathinaikos to Iraklis to PAOK to Panionios. He is 19. 

Androutsos, 19, is currently at Olympiakos, who is rumored to go abroad soon. Douvikas is an up and coming player from Asteras. 

I can tell everyone now that Donis, 21, will have a better career than Mantalos and Fortounis. To go from Panathinaikos youth to Juventus youth is a big step up. He was only 16. He is now playing in the Bundesliga. 

Can everyone see my point? I know it takes time for some players. Some are very talented like K.Papadopoulos. 18 year old starting for Schalke. Retsos 19 playing for Leverkusen is a big step aswell.

So far Donis and Retsos are doing well in progressing at a young age. Who will be next is the question? 

2 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Really? Farout hope he becomes something, as well as the rest of our youth.

yes last year he didn't resign with pao because he had a done deal with inter but choutos insisted to sign for paok..

u-21 and u19 teams have immense talent, i really think they're both better than the team which reached the final game in 2012...basically the only players which managed to have a decent career after then were stafylidis, kapino, kourmpelis and lykogiannis...

from the u21 team i think lamprou, manthatis, limnios, androutsos, galanopoulos, chatzidiakos and katranis will be vital parts of the nt in the future..the rest i don't think are difference makers but we'll see how the things will turn out.

from the u19 team i pretty much like douvikas, mourgos, spanoudakis, baxevanos and kampetsis. 

it will be crucial for these teams to make the final tournaments in their respective categories because this way they will have a better chance of getting attraction by the scouters of top-4 league teams...and i think all of them have potential to play a major role in these leagues in the near future..

Edited by Boxou

Time is the only factor. We need in my opinion do blood some new players. Our right back position is very low in terms depth. Unless you count Maniatis or Retsos. I don't. Bakakis is not a long term option. Kitsiou I don't know when he will breakout, it's such suspense with him. Left back we have Stafylidis and Lykogiannis who can fight for that spot. Younger talent like Katranis and Tsimikas who I rate can be right behind. Manolas and Papadopoulos should be around in the next 5-10 years. Another thing we have to notice is that Mitroglou is almost 30. Karelis just came back from a very serious knee injury and Bakasetas is not that great. 

Vlachodimos (hopefully)
Bakakis - Manolas - Retsos - Stafylidis/Koutris

Siopis - Galanopoulos

Lamprou/Limnios - Pelkas - Limnios/Stafylidis

Lamprou

this could be how our NT will look like in 5+ years.

Predicting Stafylidis to be a captain in a few years by the way.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank
  • Like it 1

1 hour ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Vlachodimos (hopefully)
Bakakis - Manolas - Retsos - Stafylidis/Koutris

Siopis - Galanopoulos

Lamprou/Limnios - Pelkas - Limnios/Stafylidis

Lamprou

this could be how our NT will look like in 5+ years.

Predicting Stafylidis to be a captain in a few years by the way.

Not a bad line up. Risvanis and Chatzisaias are playing well at Atromitos. They are the reason they are doing well. We have a lot of depth at centre back. Lykogiannis and Stafylidis could become our starting full backs. Retsos can play all across the back. Sokratis will be 35 in 5 years and could well still play at a high level. Torosidis and Tzavellas will surely not play after the world cup. I can't wait to see players like Limnios, Lamprou and even Pelkas in the team. Pelkas should be in the team now, bit Skibbe won't calling him up.

On 27/10/2017 at 3:42 PM, Boxou said:

yes last year he didn't resign with pao because he had a done deal with inter but choutos insisted to sign for paok..

u-21 and u19 teams have immense talent, i really think they're both better than the team which reached the final game in 2012...basically the only players which managed to have a decent career after then were stafylidis, kapino, kourmpelis and lykogiannis...

from the u21 team i think lamprou, manthatis, limnios, androutsos, galanopoulos, chatzidiakos and katranis will be vital parts of the nt in the future..the rest i don't think are difference makers but we'll see how the things will turn out.

from the u19 team i pretty much like douvikas, mourgos, spanoudakis, baxevanos and kampetsis. 

it will be crucial for these teams to make the final tournaments in their respective categories because this way they will have a better chance of getting attraction by the scouters of top-4 league teams...and i think all of them have potential to play a major role in these leagues in the near future..

You are wrong Choutos got him in trials with many italain teams at least as many as he could and none wanted him yet.

Choutos knows what to do for a career. He was too bad to play in the teams he did. Id worry not.

All he has to do is make sure Panionios makes it to Europe next year and the lights will be on him.

On 26/10/2017 at 9:09 AM, Dean97 said:

I wanted to discuss something about our youth players coming up. Players such as Lamprou, Limnios, Androutsos, Risvanis, Manthatis and so on. 

I was wondering, how would we know if these players will become bigger players than the likes of Sokratis, Fortounis and Mitroglou?

One way in my opinion is by comparing the ages. For example. What did Fortounis do when he was 18-19? He played for some German team in the second division from Asteras. He then was chosen in the Euro squad in 2012. He is now playing for Olympiakos at the age of 24 and is a captain as well. Can we say has he progressed from those years? The answer is yes. Can he play in a better league? maybe.

He is just an example. The question is what are the young players of this current generation who are 18-20 doing right now. Lamprou went from Panathinaikos to Iraklis to PAOK to Panionios. He is 19. 

Androutsos, 19, is currently at Olympiakos, who is rumored to go abroad soon. Douvikas is an up and coming player from Asteras. 

I can tell everyone now that Donis, 21, will have a better career than Mantalos and Fortounis. To go from Panathinaikos youth to Juventus youth is a big step up. He was only 16. He is now playing in the Bundesliga. 

Can everyone see my point? I know it takes time for some players. Some are very talented like K.Papadopoulos. 18 year old starting for Schalke. Retsos 19 playing for Leverkusen is a big step aswell.

So far Donis and Retsos are doing well in progressing at a young age. Who will be next is the question? 

When Fortounis was picked by Kaiserlautern they were actually at Bundesliga. A League of Germany. He has progressed but he is currently a pillar for Olympiakos. Olympiakos can't just let him go for a decent fair amount of his worth. No way they can find someone as good and as attached to the team as Fortounis. He will only go for 20+ million and no team is gonna be willing to pay all that for some1 from the Greek League at a non developing age. 

Donis will have a better career because he is something that modern football needs. He has pace he has the vision to go and slip through defences and he can also dribble past defenders and easily win his man-to-man opponents. He is not static he is a counter-attack player and this is something that gives hope for Greek NT.  Donis,Fortounisand Stafylidis (not talking about players that have not been picked yet/have not proved their worth yet) have some sort of pace and are able to play fast. One touch passes dribbles and do the unexpected. Add Karelis pace in a Striker and you got a modern football NT.

We ve really never seen this football because we never had fast players. Remember Samaras and Salpiggidis in the wings. Guys were sorta slow. They got the job done but they never really did any ball control miracles.

Talent offensively exists.

What we gotta hope is them developing correctly and training alongside some experts of the sport. And adding the few young players who are in this NT and seem to be heading the right way I think we might even become better than we expected.

*** Id like to say that maybe crisis helped Greek football overall.Small Teams didn't have the money to buy all those Congolese, Cameroonese and whatever players. Panionios has ended up with more than 6 Greeks in his line up in this and the previous season. Same for many other teams.

If it did help or not, it's a matter of weather this talent becomes what they have to be.
****Also, that poor Bento guy heard so much but that mofo literally upgraded Retsos,Nikolaou,Androutsos,Manthatis, to the A team and im gonna burst my balls that at least half of them (Retsos already did it) are gonna be sold to big teams.

Andreas Gianniotis goalkeeper of Atromitos Is in top form. 8 cleans sheets in a row. 7th ranked for goalkeepers in the superleague of all time for this. If he continues this form he can easily be called up. He is the reason why Atromitos are coming first.

Edited by Dean97

• 2 months later...

We all have the same idea about our current line up. I'd like to know what suggestions or predictions we have on this forum for our future national team. At the moment players like Fortounis, Sokratis, Manolas, Zeca, Mantalos and Mitroglou have their positions covered for the next 5-6 years. 

But alot of things can happen. I am very optimistic and proud of our nation as I want our players to be at their best and keep on improving. I want the best for our players and I'm sure everyone agrees. At first I didn't think Mavropanos had what it takes to make it big one day. But now I'm starting to want the best for him as he signed with Arsenal. I rated Hatzidiakos and Nikolaou higher than him and it came as a surprise that he was bought from Arsenal. 

I believe with the talent and depth that we have at Centre back we are secure for the next 10-15 years. I wish I could say the same for our strikers. Even at the Goalkeeping position we look like we will have good depth. 

So I have decided to make a starting 11 for the future. Say in 5 or 6 years we could see this team. 

Kapino/Barkas

Retsos  Mavropanos Manolas Stafylidis

Kourbelis  Galanopoulos Fortounis

Pelkas/Kampetsis

Donis.          Douvikas

Other players:

Gianniotis, Mandas, Tsintotas, Risvanis, Papadopoulos, Siopis, L.Lamprou, Karelis, Nikolaou, Masouras, Manthatis, Limnios, Mantalos, Emmanoulidis, P.Selkos (look him up), Androutsos, Vrakas, Tsimikas, Goutas, Tzanetopoulos, Giannoulis, Bakasetas. 

This is based on my prediction and also suggestions for our future teams. There some players from the u20s league and also players who play for u19s national team. Sokratis can still be around as well as Tachtsidis. Samaris can also be in the team as well as Bakakis, Lykogiannis and Koutris. There will probably be more players from Oly, Pao, Aek and Paok youth players coming up. There are also young players playing in Atromitos as rotational players as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

just discovered this guy playing fifa with my buddies today.. Valentino Lazaro plays for hertha berlin in german bundesliga.

He's Greek/Angolan but has been capped by Austria already so not sure if we can now.

He's extremely pacey winger and only 21 with great potential. Would be useful on the wings for us

https://sofifa.com/player/211147

Edited by georgelaz

• 3 weeks later...