Phantis Forums

Future Players Of The National Team

Dean97

Giannou will have a hard time cracking the starting 11 for hellas.

For Australia it SHOULD be a piece of cake, for him. No offence, Australia is not that good lol. He'd be their best striker. Cahill is finished.

Edited by georgelaz

Like you know when someone is finished. All good players mentioned are serious talent. Paul would not walk in. Our Hellas have lost some embarrassing losses. Don't downplay the Aussies Euro-snob. Hellas would love to have Cahill even now, just scored two more goals lol.

Edited by ausgreek

^ Karelis is kinda like a young Salpingindis IMO. He has a place on the team. Right now I think as our first bench sub if we need another offensive outlet.

I like that he's a courageous player. He makes difficult runs, trys to beat defenders, takes difficult shots (sometimes too difficult).

It's a quality problem though, because the majority of our ethniki wasn't taking shots unless it was a beautiful chance.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

Karellis is still not a finished product but he does score goals.  Regarding Karnezis, you can not say he is crap because while he hasn't had that many great games for the national team, he has played very well for Udinese, getting quite a few man of the match awards. We have no other goal keeper starting in a competitive league that is doing as well. 

Karnezis's performance in the WC really pissed me off. That coupled with the fact he looked like he was ready to soil his pants at any point really didn't endear him to me. But, the fact remains he's been playing really well, at a very decent club in a very decent league. He's hands down the only realistic option for GK for the foreseeable future.

• Like it 1

Karnezis was playing with an injury after the Japan game though. Keep that in mind.

He's arguebly as good, if not better than Nikopolidis in his prime at the moment.

I think we really need to groom one of our CAM into a winger, because we are seriously lacking options there.

The ideal would be Pelkas, because he has the pace and he's still young enough to acclimate to the new position.

i admit, I haven't seen him play much, so someone might no better than I if that's a good idea.

`

I don't see why GrkCdn's posts should be stirring up people, unless maybe they are hyper sensitive.  There is no swearing or cursing.  No belittling of posters or innuendo.  It's just his opinion.  I don't have to agree with it, and neither does anyone else.  If you don't like his posts, block them, but don't get your knickers in a knot because he says something you don't agree with.

• Like it 2

Ethniki should go back to 0-0 or 1-0 wins and bore everyone to tears. Infact, Tziolis should be captain for the world cup campaign, and play a 6-4-0 park the bus formation. it is just unethniki-like to win 4-3 or be enterprising and versatile---there you go, now That's offensive, not GrkCdn22 with his opinions, they're not so bad.

Although, 6-4-0 suits many on the forum.

• 2 months later...

Maniatis - Magka?? Den nomizo file!

I'm saying it tongue in cheek.

I do think he's or 3rd best CDM, though. Petsos will likely overtake him over the next few years.

Great speed, stamina, steals, blocking.

His weaknesses are obvious; poor dribbling, mediocre passing, mediocre shooting.

Edited by georgelaz

Any PAO-fan that can inform us about the latest news concerning Lazaros Lambrou? The guy has been seen as one of Greece's biggest talents for some years now but since he's 18 I think it's time for him to get some minutes on senior level. Hopefully he will get loaned out to a beta or gamma ethniki team soon.

• 1 month later...