Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

The decision on whether or not his resignation will be accepted is on hold until the summer, right?

That's just a nice way of saying we haven't found a replacement yet.  There was in article on sport24.gr where it said Savvidis would prefer someone that can speak Russian.  Kind of comical ....

Edited by Bananas

That's just a nice way of saying we haven't found a replacement yet.  There was in article on sport24.gr where it said Savvidis would prefer someone that can speak Russian.  Kind of comical ....

maybe if we have a russian-speaker experienced in football, savvidis would be able to learn more about what it takes to run a club. the football experience is the most important part obviously, also important IMO is that the individual loves PAOK, but a technical director who can directly communicate with the [very rich] owner might strengthen the club. plus, we get rid of vryzas, who doesn't speak russian (as far as i know) and did a crap job anyway.

What's the relationship of Savvidis' son to the club? Is he being groomed to take some sort of role in its management? I noticed the club tweeting a picture of him with Georgiadis today or yesterday. Might have an effect on any management-level changes we'll be seeing.

Well his two sons are the heads of the Dimera group based in Cyprus. Dimera on paper is the owner of PAE PAOK and it appears that Georgios Savvidis is being groomed by Ivan to take over the team, specially after the team debt is paid off by the end of the month. 

We could at the very least have put some serious thought towards a coach and new technical director. A pair who will actually work together. The sooner we have them, the sooner they'll be able to start working.

Lucas could be a good rotation player for PAOK. But I think his wage is too high and his character not what we need right now.

Martens should just go along with Maduro. Huge salaries and no potential both.

Their salaries is an issue......

although......both Maartens and Manduro seem to have an attitude issue.....maybe a new coach can fix this...??

Lucas is a walk up start...PAOK needs as much quality as they can get....

the danger is that with Salpi on his way out/down...Klaus loss of form, you are looking at an entire rebuild....

very little quality to go the next level.......

I am not afraid an entire rebuild. I hope that we will have an entire rebuild.

What I am afraid of is the chance to keep mediocre players such as Tzavellas, Salpigidis, Maduro, Tziolis etc and name them key players.

We need huge changes and all the PAOK fans are saying the same thing for at least 3 years. It's time for the guy who gives the money to realize it, too.

I can't understand why a club who clearly shouldn't be paying exorbitant wages to guys with either attitude or injury issues doesn't try and mine leagues whose players would jump at the chance to play in Europe. Looking close to home there are probably at least half a dozen Australian players who would make the team and at least bust their hump for the club.

It's not like we don't have history with Australian players .

I think Lucas would easily be a starter in the team, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, the whole reason he was loaned out last season is because he refused to play with a team full of youngsters he didn't respect. We don't need more poison in the locker room.

If there's an attitude change, then having him and Mak on opposing wings with Pereyra as the playmaker, would be a very solid starting lineup.