Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

That is mostly true Ziaka,but I just hope we didn't bring in that Garry Rodrigues as the Lucas replacement.

I think he will be the right forward with Salpi on the bench. Lucas will partly be replaced by Pelkas and hopefully a new and more experienced signing.

Rodrigues is waiting for an official release from Elche. Apparently Elche is going bankrupt on July 31, and the player becomes free as a result.

The only Greek NT players I want on PAOK are K. Papadopoulos and Stafyllidis. Anybody else should not even be considered, specially lazy player such as Samaras.

And finally, Noboa has been sold to Rostov FC for 1.5 mil. It was made official by PAE PAOK couple hours ago.

PAOK spends a lot of money on wrong players since Savvides came. Expensive loans etc...

Arnesen is a disaster for evry team. He destroys every team he worked for last couple of years. HSV one of the richest clubs in Europe look what became of them with his transferpolicy. Can't believe you signed him.

PAOK spends a lot of money on wrong players since Savvides came. Expensive loans etc...

Arnesen is a disaster for evry team. He destroys every team he worked for last couple of years. HSV one of the richest clubs in Europe look what became of them with his transferpolicy. Can't believe you signed him.

It could be concluded that PAOK spent a lot of money because we didn't have someone like Arnesen who seems to be a bit more fussy about his signings.  Having said that, it's still early days for Arnesen and I can't judge him based on his 6 weeks in the role.  Add to that the fact the PAOK doesn't have CL football and the crisis in Greece, it musn't be easy to get quality signings.  We have to be reasonable ...

He was at Chelsea for 5 years so I wouldn't exactly say he destroyed them.  HSV I'm not sure what happened, but it's food for thought.  Something to look into.

He can't be worse than Vryzas, can he ? ;)  Time will tell.

so smart...that they have made zero signings

Now now.  No need to be so negative.

He has hired a new manager.

He has hired a GK in Olsen.  It means Glykos won't play which should make you happy.

Released 3 players he considers dead wood (in his opinion) in Rats, Golasa and Maartens.  Rats kind of surprised me as he was far from the worst player last season.  Maybe it was based purely on age and wage.  Golasa likewise surprised me.  He didn't set the world on fire but he's young and wasn't on a big wage.  Maybe he's an anti-semite ?  As for Maartens, well it was just time to go so you can't argue with that one.

Sold Noboa.  Yes he's a very decent player but like Lucas doesn't want to be at the club.  The fact that we're getting any money at all is a bonus.  Just freeing up his wage is good enough.

The transfer period ends at the end of August so there is still time.  Right now, quality players are holding on for better offers so again, we have to reasonable in what he can do.

you just confirmed you made no signings apart from the keeper to replace a Gamma ethniki clown...

Au contraire, nothing of the sort was confirmed.

You said no signings have been made, when in fact one has been made for the squad, one for the manager, 3 players let go and 1 sold.

If it's good enough for you to call Glykos a clown (and it's been constant), then it's good enough for me to call you a clown.

They spend 600k on a position that was the least worse of all. Itandje and Glykos were decent players.

You need 6 other players on other positions, you didnt need a swdish keeper.

We did need a keeper for depth from the moment Itandje was let go.  As to why he was let go, I can't say.  But ass clown C division Glykos isn't enough on his own.

As to needing 6 other players, I don't agree.  I think we need around 10.  I'm not kidding.  But realistically PAOK can't get the caliber of players required to challenge for the title, not right away anyway.  The best we can hope for is players from leagues lower than Greece and some youth as well.  Hopefully in 2 or 3 seasons we can have some sort of a base to build on.

This season I'm looking forward to seeing how Pelkas, Charisis, Koulouris, Mystakidis, Savvidis etc. come along.  If only 2 of them end up being solid squad players I'll be well pleased.

And we build from there ...

Edited by Bananas

We did need a keeper for depth from the moment Itandje was let go.  As to why he was let go, I can't say.  But ass clown C division Glykos isn't enough on his own.

As to needing 6 other players, I don't agree.  I think we need around 10.  I'm not kidding.  But realistically PAOK can't get the caliber of players required to challenge for the title, not right away anyway.  The best we can hope for is players from leagues lower than Greece and some youth as well.  Hopefully in 2 or 3 seasons we can have some sort of a base to build on.

This season I'm looking forward to seeing how Pelkas, Charisis, Koulouris, Mystakidis, Savvidis etc. come along.  If only 2 of them end up being solid squad players I'll be well pleased.

And we build from there ...

It's good to play and build with talented Greek youngsters but you need better players around them then Tzavellas, Salpi and the rest.

It's a big excuse that you cant get other players then from league's smaller then Greece. When you signed people like Maduro, Noboa, Stoch, Martens, they were pretty good, wanted by many other clubs from better leagues and not old AND most of them didnt get huge over the top salaries at PAOK. 

Those were good players most of them F***ed up by your trainer Aggelos. You should never have fire Stevens. He needed more time. Anyway, You best paid player is Klaus with 675k so those other players had/have lower salaries. Compared to PAO who pays Essien 1.5 mil and Sergio Psycho Sanchez 850K I dont want to hear more excuses cause you did a better job luring foreign players to Greece.

Au contraire, nothing of the sort was confirmed.

You said no signings have been made, when in fact one has been made for the squad, one for the manager, 3 players let go and 1 sold.

If it's good enough for you to call Glykos a clown (and it's been constant), then it's good enough for me to call you a clown.

so you have replaced one crap keeper with another crap keeper?   that is the depth of your signings....

and some periphery insignificant signings.....the team/squad looks much worse....

your starting 11 in the last three matches looks the same tired old dribble we have seen over the last 12 months...I call that no signings...

you call that signings?   and I'm the clown?

I believe Costa is on 800k, Martens is on 700k, and Noboa is on 1mm, All higher than Klaus, all less important to the team. Stoch and Natcho were also on similarly (very) large salaries. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here - that we're overpaying, or that we should be paying more? I'm sure our management realizes we need more people, but let's also keep in mind we have another month until the transfer window opens - and relatively easy matches to deal with up until then.

-edit- until the transfer window *closes*

• Like it 1