Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

Alfred Finnbogason is apparently going to Olympiakos. I don't think we were ever serious about this player. Specially considering the fact that we would have to pay 1 mil for the loan plus his 1.5 mil salary for the next season.

As for Lucas reports are that he will stay with us until we qualify to the group stage of EL, and then he will be sold to Deportivo. If we get the 1.5 - 2 mil that pash mentions, I would sell him as well. For less money we can get a better player and one that really wants to play for us.

If these rumours are true, we may be force to sign more players than we would've liked. And at the moment while Arnesen is trying to bring in quality, I think the problem he's facing is selling playing in Greece to players. If you're not offering Champions League, it's a hard task.

Next "victim" of the clean up by Tudor: Christian Noboa!

Arnesen wants Ola Toivonen. But Toivonen is not to eager to come. He is also linked to Trabzonspor and Sunderland (his former manager at PSV Eindhoven (Dick Advocaat) is actually the manager there, so he will probably go there, AND the money is good). Therefore Robin Olsen is asked to convince and persuade him.

If he has options in the UK, then we obviously won't have a chance...

As for Noboa - I wonder if this is related to the earlier reports of him being worried about the economic situation in Greece? Or, is this more along the lines of how he doesn't want to "sacrifice for the club?" Seems it could go either way. I just hope we actually sell this guy instead of writing off millions.

If these rumours are true, we may be force to sign more players than we would've liked. And at the moment while Arnesen is trying to bring in quality, I think the problem he's facing is selling playing in Greece to players. If you're not offering Champions League, it's a hard task.

At the end of last season, we were all saying the team needs a ground-up rebuilding. Well, here we go. The logical moves would be to bring the new players in slowly, a handful per window - if we see three or four this summer, another one or two in the winter, and another three or four next summer, then we will have essentially a new squad available. I'm sure there are hundreds of Mak-level players who are unhappy in their current squads that we can steal away.

He played in the youthsquads of Feyenoord.

Saw him a few times last year in La Liga. He played for Elche. They were only relegated because of Tax-debts.

He is very quick and as you can see on the video at onsports.gr not selfish.

And no fee needed!

Sick of seeing us pick up these guys who play a handful of games for 8 clubs on their way to us and we play them in 15 games over 2 years before we work out they are sh1tful. Looks like a Lucio Filomeno all over again.

I hope I'm wrong

• Like it 1

Looks like the team has entered the same phase as we did in 2007, when Santos came. In the first season Santos inherited a team of "sardelles" and slowly started to rebuild, with players such as Muslimovic, Contrearas, Vierinha, tec. 

Right now it's obvious that the plan is to clean up the roster of heavy contracts and players that really don't want to be on the team. I think we will see more players leaving. I believe the new players will start arriving slowly between now and August 31.

We're apparently also looking at Galitsios as a Rat replacement.

I thought he was a right back. I believe this is just an unfounded rumor. I think the Stafylidis on loan is a more believable rumor.

Isn't he linked with AEK? I would hate to see him go there.

And you're right about Galitsios. That would make his hiring even more inexplicable (unless we're cutting Skondras - bad move! - and/or Konstantinidis - also a bad move!).

Hopefully Tzavellas does indeed leave, which would leave a hole at LB - we just have Korovesis left. This gap could be covered if we keep using wingers as wingbacks in a 3-5-2, but still leaves us very thin.

Rodrigues is from last Sunday in Thessaloniki and talked yesterday with Arnesen.

In the meantime they wait for the official release by Elche.

And we have two players in mind for LB. They should be around 25-27. No names mentioned.

Edited by Dutch Eagle