Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

I think starting next week we will start seeing players decisions, be it new players and players that will be leaving. I am sure there will be changes, but I don't expect that there will be drastic cuts. I think things will move slowly. More cuts will happen in the Winter transfer window, and by the start of the 16/17 season I expect a revamped team. 

Well, based on this http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2433546-ex-chelsea-wonderkid-slobodan-rajkovic-where-is-he-now it doesn't sound like the most encouraging signing.

Having said that, players can sometimes get a second lease on life when given another chance so you never know, and Arnesen rates him.  Hopefully his wages aren't too high ...

My gut tells me Rajkovi? will be a good signing but that bleacher report is amazingly blunt at how so many clubs have got the player wrong. He's been an epic failure so far.

For PAOK they are taking a gamble but there's no transfer fee. Hopefully his wages won't be astronomical and he may well come good.

I'd be kind of concerned over discipline - spitting at a ref? We don't need more reasons to get targeted around here, and if he's a card magnet, it could be rough.

I recognize that we won't be able to get the best players at our club. Even if we dominated the team for the next ten years, it would still be an uphill battle. Arnesen could either be unwilling to let go of a past mistake (seeking redemption with PAOK's cash?), or think that the lower standard here will make it easier for Rajkovic to shine.

I guess it could go either way. We had a similar situation two seasons ago with Stoch, who (as long as he was happy) dominated. We also need CBs, especially if we hope to be at least somewhat competitive in all three competitions. As far as I can see, only Vitor has been consistently solid (although I recognize that a lot of you still like Costa, he just seems inconsistent to me).

Vitor

Costa

Rajkovic

Papagiannopoulos

Qose

Am I missing someone?

Agree with you Akritis and Pash.  At the end of the day, the club has to try him out.  Hopefully the drop in level will see him regain his enthusiasm and if he goes on to bigger and better things so be it.  If he end up being a rimali who has no self control, well then this really will be his last chance gone to rejuvenate his career.  Interesting times ahead.

Few rumours regarding player clear out, Tzavellas to Veria, Maduro willing to terminate contract (?800,000) for ?250,000, Martens summoned to Thessaloniki to discuss future, Lucas departure to Deportivo still up in the air.

Edited by Pontos

Tzavellas to Veria may be the least surprising outcome I can think of. That club will literally become Zisi's wet dream.

I say bite the bullet on the last three and take whatever hits you need to get them out.

25-year old keeper Robin Olsen of Malmo FF (Sweden) will sign for us according to Swedish media.

He is 1.98 m (or 6 ft 6) and has played two times for Swedens National team.

Yia na doume.

Edited by Dutch Eagle

Not sure if I believe the Tzavellas news. Veroia might not be playing in Superleague next season, so I really doubt that Tzavellas would risk going to that team right now.

I like the possible Olsen acquisition. If I remember right he played against Olympiakos in the CL last season. I think he will be a solid signing.

The other rumors are Juan Manuel Vargas from Fiorentina. After all he scored against PAOK at Toumba so he is qualified.

Also Udinese is supposedly interested in Kace. 

Arensen will have a press conference on Thursday. I expect that by then there will be some official announcements concerning players.

So...possibly no more Naboa, but we keep Tziolis? I don't know how this is going to improve our team, apart from opening up salary space. I still think Golasa has a lot of potential, so I don't mind him staying at all.

Olsen is looking more and more likely (assuming google translate isn't tricking me): http://www.expressen.se/kvp/sport/olsen-vet-inte-var-det-har-kommit-ifran/

Hope we keep Kace. What are the odds that Veria will actually be booted?

I'd be happy to sell him, but only for a decent amount, and with a buy-back clause in case things didn't work out.  Considering some of the players out there will ridiculous fees on their heads, Kace would have to be worth at least a few million.  The kid is only 21 and has made serious improvements in the last 2 years.

• Like it 1

I really hope we hold onto Kace one more season at least. Golasa has shown glimpses but I'd have no problem seeing him moved on. He didn't register a single goal or assist in 20+ games, usually I ignore stats but in his position you expect some kind of a return.

Ideally would like to see Noboa stay but if we can get some coin for him and doesn't want to stay then show me the money. same goes with Lucas.

As for Golasa he had a poor season showed glimpses but not enough for me to think he should stay on.