Phantis Forums

Faroe Islands-Greece(13 June 2015, Torsvollur, Torshavn)

Omonoia9

Obviously it's not the coaches if they both lost to Faroe Islands it's the garbage players they should be ashamed of themselves. Well at least they made history

I think that you can forget about 2018 World Cup as well and Euro 2020.   If Faroes are scoring 3 goals against us never mind what would happen if we play 'better' teams like Poland, Ireland, Czech , Slovenias etc   as for the Germanys and Hollands Italys they would blow us out of the park.   

I pray to god that we avoid FYROM in our qualifying group , the last thing we need is to give the Slavs some joy in thier lives.

Edited by Polikastano
  • Like it 1

This was as worse as our FI loss with Ranieri... These young scumbags are terrible!!! The old guard should be brought back. We were losing against Faroe Islands, and who were subbed in? Mavrias, Mantalos, Athanasiadis, Kolovos, Fountas. Ninis is really a Messi among them.

Well I didn't get a chance to see the match until the last few minutes when Greece scored to make it 2-1.

Reality has now set in for the team and perhaps it's better now than later.

What this result means ( along with the Hungary win) is that Greece is officially out of the Euro Championship for 2016.

The good news is that Greece has ever reason now to go with a young squad and I mean really young. You have to ask which players you want around for 2018.

Greece may not be a top tier squad year in / year out like Spain but they are now about as good as Moldolva. Something is quite wrong and they have to start from scratch.

Let the house cleaning begin.

and Congrats to the Faroe Islands as it's their first sweep of a team in Euro play ever I believe so give them some credit.

I'm done blaming Raneri it's the team bottom line as I said before we are the new MINNOWS. We are going to be so low in the FIFA ranking that are groups will be way to difficult we are not going to qualify for at least the next 3 to 4 tournaments.

Let the dark days begin.

Well I didn't get a chance to see the match until the last few minutes when Greece scored to make it 2-1.

Reality has now set in for the team and perhaps it's better now than later.

What this result means ( along with the Hungary win) is that Greece is officially out of the Euro Championship for 2016.

The good news is that Greece has ever reason now to go with a young squad and I mean really young. You have to ask which players you want around for 2018.

Greece may not be a top tier squad year in / year out like Spain but they are now about as good as Moldolva. Something is quite wrong and they have to start from scratch.

Let the house cleaning begin.

and Congrats to the Faroe Islands as it's their first sweep of a team in Euro play ever I believe so give them some credit.

I'm done blaming Raneri it's the team bottom line as I said before we are the new MINNOWS. We are going to be so low in the FIFA ranking that are groups will be way to difficult we are not going to qualify for at least the next 3 to 4 tournaments.

Let the dark days begin.

Even though Makarian inherited most of these problems, he still has to go. We need someone new to lead us to the WC, which Makarian is probably too old for anyway.

Now that Greece in Euro 2016 is not happening, there is no reason to keep the old crew of Torosidis ,Vyntra, Kats and Tzolis. I also want to see Lazaros and Kone out of the squad too. Those guys have been terrible recently (poor for their club sides too) and will be 33 and 32 by the time Russia 2018 comes around.

Manolas has had a great season for Roma and I rate him highly, but if he plays like that he should be dropped to the bench for the next match. If K.Paps was fit I'd rather have him along side Sokratis, than Manolas. Samaris is another one who should take a seat on the bench, been so disappointed with him, 1 good game vs Ivory Coast in the WC, but shite ever since.

I don't even know what to say about Mitroglou. He just can't finish his dinner. Give him credit for the great disallowed goal, wasn't his fault Toro was being an idiot and pushing that defender. But we just don't have that many other options in attack.

• Like it 1