Phantis Forums

Faroe Islands-Greece(13 June 2015, Torsvollur, Torshavn)

Omonoia9

Well, if we're already going to have a match topic for the friendly 3 days later. We might as well set one up for the official Euro qualifier at Faroe Islands. Needless to say, we should be gunning for the Faroes after the embarrassment in Piraeus back in November. PAME ELLADA! PAME ETHNIKI!

:gr:  :gr:  :gr:  :gr:

PS, let's try in the future to not have match topics more than like a week or so in advance.

To beat the Faroe Islands, Greece have got to start the game strong with unrelenting pressure. That's how N. Ireland defeated them.

We also need to keep the ball low as the high crosses got us nowhere in our home game.

And Giorgos Samaras should start this game!

I dont how true this is but i heard that Faroe Islands have only 4 professional players!?

If this is true that loss we suffered was the most disgusting defeat ever.

to be fair to us though we were being managed by a complete retard at the time. 

We should be beat them by more than 4 goals but knowing our strikers its not gonna happen unless mitroglou comes in as his old best and samaras comes in with his off the ball runs there shouldent be a problem to score more than 5 goals. its all about taking teams serious and letting them have nothing. every game is ours from now on

Edited by Dean97

i actually think that the faroes will park the bus against us (i have a feeling) what we need to do as someone mentioned before is start the game at a fast tempo forcing that early goal and focus on defending cause we should take this as serious as any team as i said this is do or die for us! No draws, no losses just a WIN and i think we can beat every team going forward i believe in the Ethniki. from now on our backs are against the wall we just got to fight!

Edited by Dean97

Well said Dean97, Faore will 100percent park the bus and to be honest for them they have been very successful in doing so as the have not gotten blown out at all the campaign they've actually kept every game close. To be honest Greece needs to take this game very seriously because if they start looking ahead to September before this game is done then they are in trouble. Faroe knows there's no chance in hell of qualifying so there goal is not to finish last in the group. The Ethniki better be ready for this game because it WONT be a cake walk. This is with out a doubt the FINAL chance for the ethniki.

This won't be a blowout. Every team smells blood, especially after seeing how impotent we are. Part of parking the bus means they'll give us the ball, which is the equivalent of giving garlic to a vampire.

I love watching Greece and Australia for that matter in footy. An honesty question to anyone interested, who would win if they played each other next month at, say, aami park in Melbourne? Would Olympiacos or Paok defeat Melbourne Victory or say, Sydney FC? Love to see these matches. 

Let me say this, Ange P has got the Aussies thinking they can take on anyone. They will walk over hot coals for him, wow.

Greece need team chemistry and an excellent playing style similar to Socceroos. A high line and playing players that have big motors, not sit back players.

It was the same story, where to find players, its a small talent pool. Identification of players has unearthed at least four players for every position for Socceroos. Greece can do exactly the same. A champion team can defeat a team of champions. I hope both national teams can achieve many rewards in future.

Greece under-estimated Faroe Islands. A great team would not under-estimate a Germany or a Brazil, they must treat Faroe Islands or American Samoa in the same way. The fact that they are not playing fulltime pro's proved again that is not the be all and end all, a big heart with talent is, along with wearing the national jersey. Greece must humble itself and Always do their best, reguardless of who they will face. Or again they will be humbled.  

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

Seriously? Not a single Australian A-League club would come close to beating a Greek Super Liga team. I bet that even most Football League teams would beat the A-League plastic franchises.

A few years ago Olympiakos had a walk in the park against Melbourne Victory (4-1).

Same for AEK versus Sydney FC. 5-2 I think they won in Sydney. Let's not fall for the hype that the A-League is a world class competition because it's not.

Fair call on those past results. I'm a fan of both greek and aussie leagues. Club matches would be closer, the A league has improved. Don't hate on A league, I'd like to see where both leagues rank actually. I know that I don't know. 

Fair call on those past results. I'm a fan of both greek and aussie leagues. Club matches would be closer, the A league has improved. Don't hate on A league, I'd like to see where both leagues rank actually. I know that I don't know. 

Ask yourself these simple questions?

How many points would any A League team get in a CL group v Atletico,Juve, Arsenal,Marseille, Dortmund, etc.....Olympiakos regularly get 8,9,10 pts....

How many points would any A League club get in a Europa League group including Spurs , Besiktas, Partizan....??

How many A League clubs would beat German,Italian,Spanish, English, French opposition??? reasonably regularly?? 

this season alone we had 3 victories....A poor PAO drew away to PSV....A poor PAOK drew away to Fiorentina.....all this in what many say is the worst season IN GSL HISTORY...

Tripoli eliminated Mainz??

Edited by RED SHERIFF
  • Like it 2

We should not throw in this a league tripe, I agree cause we would also put our houses on them teams losing to the superior European teams, every time..There is no way known Greece would lose to Faroes at home-Unthinkable!! Wanderers to beat billionare oil shieks Al Hilal, it would cause mass hysteria, will never happen!

With our overflowing pride with expectation, we rarely ever get to the next level. A humble approach to this Faroes game would ensure Greece plays at their best. And hopefully win 3-0 We'll see.

Friends, we barrack for the same team don't forget.

Edited by ausgreek

We should not throw in this a league tripe, I agree cause we would also put our houses on them teams losing to the superior European teams, every time..There is no way known Greece would lose to Faroes at home-Unthinkable!! Wanderers to beat billionare oil shieks Al Hilal, it would cause mass hysteria, will never happen!

With our overflowing pride with expectation, we rarely ever get to the next level. A humble approach to this Faroes game would ensure Greece plays at their best. And hopefully win 3-0 We'll see.

Friends, we barrack for the same team don't forget.

are you saying because greece lost  to FI .and WSW beat the Arabs,  we should not underestimate A Leagues competing against Euro Superpowers? :huh: :artist:

My brother went to the Olympiakos vs Melbourne Victory game and he's not an Oly supporter. Just wanted to watch a greek team live. He was very impressed with Mirallas and quote "the game was over in 15 minutes and after that it was as if Oly didn't want to embarrass them. The class difference was very noticeable."

No, the super powers would usually win against A League sides, BUT, when it comes to Greece playing a Faroe Is. or the like, we/they shouldn't just expect to turn up and win. When they play better countries, they pull out those 1% extra efforts. This obviously didn't happen at Karaiskakis. This time they better not underestimate Faroes! That was my point digga.