Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Reaper

Giannis Alafouzos

2 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

Reaper, Tsakas was a pure troll job, and it was obvious, what kind of Saudi Prince would send his representative (Tsakas) to press conferences in a yellow taxi?? 

Ha ha.

Probably why he wanted the league delayed too. Was probably his main excuse for not paying them up until today when he blamed Nova. 

When someone that wants to step in and invest I am sure Alafouzo will step down.

Unless Alafouzos puts himself and his fame above the club.

Kokkalis sold the minute he was getting booed in the Karaiskaki - not a second before. Before that there was not even a murmur of a sale. If Alafouzos was not wanted and he knew it - potential suiters would probably pop up. As long as he is there, it is toxic. No one wants to deal with him and I don't blame them. I never actually bought the whole - PAO can't find an owner line. It is a very big club and there are millionaires who would be happy to use it as - worst case scenario a vanity project - best case scenario - building something from the ashes.

5 hours ago, cocksta said:

When someone that wants to step in and invest I am sure Alafouzo will step down.

I don't know if this is true, but first someone (other than Tsakas) has to show interest. Alafouzo means well but he's totally incompetent to be a club owner who makes decisions. I don't know what Gilberto is doing, or anyone else Ala has around him.  Actually, Ala is cheating himself for all the money and energy he's put into the club and he has nothing to show for. He should go, but who's going to buy this club in this condition and the condition of the league?

There was a poll on Sport24 about who is to blame for the current state of Panathinaikos yesterday. Here are the results:

mjGhbH.jpg

What would someone have to pay Alafouzos to buy the club ?  Does Alafouzos own all the shares, or a majority stake ?  Having said that, I don't even know how it works with PAO.

27 minutes ago, Bananas said:

What would someone have to pay Alafouzos to buy the club ?  Does Alafouzos own all the shares, or a majority stake ?  Having said that, I don't even know how it works with PAO.

The problem with Greek owners is that they believe since they have the money, they must be geniuses! So, heck, you made money (by whatever means) therefore you can run a soccer team or a country.

A sensible person knows their limitations, so they pick good people for advice and to run things. But, you've got to be sensible to begin with in order to find those talented people to do things for you.  Alafouzos doesn't have good judgment either way, running the club or getting talent.

i dont understand why there is even a debate on whose at fault. it starts from the top and works its way down. i see it in my own city of chicago. the day the old man who owned the chicago blackhawks died, and an owner who cared stepped in, we won 3 stanley cups in 6 years. 

look at the chicago cubs. it was 108 years since they won anything. new owners came in, hired the best gm in baseball, recruited players from their acadamies and won the championship this year... 

if u want changes to panathinaikos, u must start from the top. Gate 13 messed up by chasing out the family and standing behind alafouzo. gate 13 should have no say in who the president is. they should go to the matches and sing for the players. 

we dont have a proper medical staff, our scouts are crap, our accadamies have gone to sh*t, and we need to stop relying on players like ibarbo and prajnic to come and save us.. not gonna happen

• Like it 1

Παρά την κακή σεζόν που διανύει ο Παναθηναϊκός και την κριτική που δέχεται και ο ίδιος, ο Γιάννης Αλαφούζος δεν εγκαταλείπει την προσπάθεια. Στις 31 Δεκεμβρίου θα συγκληθεί η τακτική Γενική Συνέλευση των μετόχων και αναμένεται να αποφασιστεί η αύξηση μετοχικού κεφαλαίου κατά 5 εκατ. ευρώ.

Ο πρόεδρος της ΠΑΕ αναμένεται να καλύψει ΚΑΙ αυτή την αύξηση μόνος του, όπως είχε συμβεί και με την αντίστοιχη που είχε προκηρυχτεί στις 31 Αυγούστου, προκειμένου να υπάρχει ρευστότητα για τις πληρωμές, τους διακανονισμούς και πιθανές μεταγραφές, μαζί με τα προσδοκώμενα έσοδα από τη Nova και την UEFA.

Το συνολικό ποσό που έχει βάλει στην ΠΑΕ ο Γιάννης Αλαφούζος στην πενταετία που βρίσκεται στην κεφαλή του συλλόγου θα ξεπεράσει τα 30 εκατ. ευρώ.

Πρόταση για δίδυμο Μπασινά-Λυμπερόπουλου στον Παναθηναϊκό

Την επιστροφή Μπασινά-Λυμπερόπουλου στον Παναθηναϊκό φέρεται να εξετάζει ο Γιάννης Αλαφούζος. Στον πρόεδρο της ΠΑΕ παρουσιάζονται να έχουν προταθεί «πακέτο» για τεχνικός διευθυντής και γενικός αρχηγός 

http://www.sport-fm.gr/article/podosfairo/protasi-gia-didumo-mpasina-lumperopoulou-ston-panathinaiko/3248907

Has Alafouzos just been sentenced to jail? A friend told me so, but I can see anything on Sport-FM so he may have just be pulling my leg.

On 30/11/2016 at 7:33 PM, Pana97 said:

Yup. Totally agree. Ala doesn't want to sell the club I bet you. He takes the money. 

What money???

Hate to say it, but Alafouzo is a JOKE....

Only he could have Marinakis on the ropes and then end up in jail himself whereas Marinakis continues to run his "organization" and rules behind the scene....

He's been promising us change for the past 3 years and we haven't even made a DENT in this movement to rid corruption....

2 hours ago, jvc said:

GATE 13 WEED SMOKERS,  THANKS FOR GETTING RID OF THE FAMILY!  Now Alafouzos will take PAO to the relegation zone again!!!  Thanks MALAKES!

dont blame the weed!!!!!!

• Like it 1

I'm with you brothers, Alafouzo is incompetent and needs to go. But, as the article above says, the team is in deep debt. Ala has to cough up $5-6 million to pay some of the most pressing debts. That's ontop the heap of money he's put in.

Where are you going to find this money? Do you guys have it? Can you collect it?

Is there another rich person who wants to buy PAO but Alafouzos is refusing?  Let's be realistic here. The Greek league is corrupt, has no profit potential, offers a crappy product, etc,etc. Who would come in these days?... Please find that person asap. Do you want to go back to the days when the club couldn't get UEFA license and was a half step from 3rd ethniki?

As for those who don't remember the Tzigger years, he is the reason the club ended up where it is today. During his long tenure, the club won the fewest titles, while spending tons of money, and his worst crime, in my opinion, was that a rich & powerful person like him allowed the "paraga" to be established. Remember Rizoupoli? (one of many...)

A total incompetent moron, who was chased out because he had been so horrible for so long.

• Like it 2

Yeah you totally convinced us…!

Kalla krasia!

I don't think you realize the magnitude of the team named PANATHINAIKOS.

This particular behaviour and the G13 idiots have drugged the team to this level!

The Vardinigiannis family has brought this team to the best 5 teams in Europe to semi-finals and GLORY DAYS!

What has this [email protected] alaskouzo done?

We have become the laughing stock domestically and in Europe!

The sooner these idiots depart the sooner this team will find its way!

I can't believe you guys who have watched this team for years come up with nonsense like that!