Phantis Forums

Giannis Alafouzos

Guest PastMember

Again, who's arguing the tax rates? I'm challenging your statement on how he hides shares in Cyprus as a whole! Are you an investigative journalist? Do you have proof? Or are you talking out of your ass? Forget SDNA, do you have anything to support your far fetched comment?

Or does that statement belong with the "Bulgarian" allegations an ex-poster used to post here?

Edited by Giourkas

You are saying that Alafouzo has fooled everyone and owns majority stake at PAO. In other words, that he is lying about being just a caretaker. These are big allegations to make without proof. You can theorize yes. But you stated it as if it were fact. This I expected of some recently banned posters, who made a habit of spreading lies. Not from you. You say you lost respect for me tonight? I won't lose sleep over it when I call you out over falsehoods. Have a good night.

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giannis_Alafouzos

In May 2012 he founded, together with players and fans of football team Panathinaikos F.C., the association Panathinaikos Alliance 2012 which took a majority stake in the football club. In September 2012 he was elected by the members of the Alliance president of Panathinaikos F.C. in order to progress with the reorganization and consolidation of the association.

In 2011, due to financial problems and management disagreements, the direction decided to reduce the budget and sell many players. In 2012, the owner of Skai TV, Giannis Alafouzos, devised a plan to take Vardinogiannis' shares (54.7%) and make them available to fans around Greece so that everyone could contribute, so that Panathinaikos could overcome the crisis.[28] His intension was to create a new, for the Greek athletic standards, supporter-owned football club. On 2 July 2012, the Panathenaic Alliance finally opened to the public so that everyone could be a member and contribute a desired amount in return for privileges. A few days later Giannis Vardinogiannis gave his shares - 54.7% of Panathinaikos F.C. - to the Alliance, while the other shareholders maintained their percentage. The members of the Alliance through elections compose the Board of Directors and elect the Club's President. First president was elected Giannis Alafouzos.

If every other shareholder of PAE (aside from Tzigger's old shares 54.7%---->45.3%) kept their shares, and people bought into Symaxia, how does Alafouzos have majority? Did he take over 93% of Tzigger's old stake without actually buying in to wrestle a controlling stake in PAO? Yes he injected money but nowhere near the amount to control PAO.

Also, Alafouzos has stated repeatedly that he has no intentions of buying PAE and that he would act as a caretaker until someone would take over...

I think your article is a classic case of lazy journalism. The writer clearly thinks Symaxia=Alafouzos.

Edited by Giourkas

Alafouzos can F*** off. He came on the premiss that the club would be run in a democratic fashion through its paying members. But since hijacking the presidency there hasn't been a single election. Thats the reason the symmaxeia has failed in the first place.

As for the future of the club, I've for a long time said that the only long term solution is to withdraw from the league. The situation will only get worse, the gays control everything, its over. The greek league is finished.

The best solution would be for PAO, PAOK, AEK and Aris to create a mini league. Add a couple other clubs with some crowd like Iraklis, Panachaiki etc.

And if the others dont want to join, go to the cypriot FA and ask if you can join their league or something.

Well, this "super league" :lol: has to go. If several teams leave and create their own, they could do that but what are the legal ways of doing so, and getting recognized by UEFA so there's participation into euro games.

The Cypriot league won't accept Greek teams. Many decades ago, the top Cypriot team would play in the Greek league and usually didn't do well.

Alafouzos can F*** off. He came on the premiss that the club would be run in a democratic fashion through its paying members. But since hijacking the presidency there hasn't been a single election. Thats the reason the symmaxeia has failed in the first place.

As for the future of the club, I've for a long time said that the only long term solution is to withdraw from the league. The situation will only get worse, the gays control everything, its over. The greek league is finished.

The best solution would be for PAO, PAOK, AEK and Aris to create a mini league. Add a couple other clubs with some crowd like Iraklis, Panachaiki etc.

And if the others dont want to join, go to the cypriot FA and ask if you can join their league or something.

Symmaxeia is failing cause of the corrupt system favouring the eternal enemy...

Who would invest in the movement when the outcome of the league is predetermined before the 1st whistle?

Do not turn on ourselves.. THIS is precisely what the Gavs are banking on...

• Like it 2

PANATHINAIKOS is no small joke. This is a team w 100 year history: champions league final, semi final, final 8s, massive wins vs massive clubs in Europe. No other Greek team can say that. I can guarantee u, if pao goes up for sale, someone will pick them up. Ala hasn't dropped one penny into this team. he didn't even pay for essien, that was paid for by puma. And pour anastasiou gets canned, when ala brought him bourbo as his right back when he was begging for someone in that position. This guy is a joke. If he was a president w balls, he would've been on the feild last night, he would've made that game be played yesterday. But instead, him/fyssas and the rest of the clan were nowhere to be found. I'm over this clown

jvc nothing is going to happen, well not right away it wont, until the prosecutors and courts show some balls and actually start making example of people then nothing will change BUT the problem is they are too scared to do anything because if 1 guy falls then many will follow and I am certain big names will be mentioned, not only fat boy but people in govt and in the police...... They cant even jail people who have ruined Greece how or what makes us think they will jail people who have destroyed Greek Football?

As for the sinking that started a while back and its getting worse for certain teams, but one thing I wont and cant do is turn my back on AEK and not watch them play..... These guys can have their corrupt league it wont stop me loving or watching AEK.....

Many owners said at season start they would boycott the league but it was all bark no bite, they wont do it. If they were serious they would've done it when they said it...

As for cancelling the season that wont happen either EPO would not do that.....

Justice needs to be served but as i said above until the courts and prosecutors grow some balls that day wont come either.

ChiPao13, I have no doubt that Panathinaikos is a huge European name and that it's very attractive to investors... but you can NEVER know for sure unfortunately. Look at Nottingham Forrest, they've been stuck in the lower tiers of English football for decades