Phantis Forums

Giannis Alafouzos

Guest PastMember

• 1 month later...

alafouzos needs to stop crying all the time like a little 6 yr old girl about the refs,it really does make the club look bad.

we lost fair and square against paok ,the ref had nothing to do with it,complaining about the ref doesn't hide our weaknesses.

simple pre season planning was a disaster,transfers were a disaster the whole thing was one big abortion.

I hope alafouzo keeps anastasiou on for the whole season,that would be anastasious biggest punishment,he will beg to leave,things are only going to get worse,the Europe is finished ,the league is finished only the cup remains.

alafouzos is the president he is responsible for what is happening,then fysaas and vokolos,then anastasiou.

we cant get rid of the president so the other 3 must go.

alafouzos needs to stop crying all the time like a little 6 yr old girl about the refs,it really does make the club look bad.

we lost fair and square against paok ,the ref had nothing to do with it,complaining about the ref doesn't hide our weaknesses.

simple pre season planning was a disaster,transfers were a disaster the whole thing was one big abortion.

I hope alafouzo keeps anastasiou on for the whole season,that would be anastasious biggest punishment,he will beg to leave,things are only going to get worse,the Europe is finished ,the league is finished only the cup remains.

alafouzos is the president he is responsible for what is happening,then fysaas and vokolos,then anastasiou.

we cant get rid of the president so the other 3 must go.

What do you call fair and square? Being one goal down for a penalty that was given on a challenge outside the box?

You remember the game Paok-Pao last year? The team started out the same way because of the fact that Pao in Toumpa sits back and hits Paok on the counter. The entire first half they were better than us but we ended up scoring first and winning the game in the end. What makes you think the same thing wasn't gonna happen last night?

Now i agree with you that Pao needs to perform much better and even if the koraki gave Paok a papoutselino penalty we still need to turn the game around and win it. But let me ask you a question, why is PAO the only team in the world that if we don't play a good game we never deserve to win??  

• Like it 1

I think the penalty was harsh but this happens in football and you can only blame the ref so much the linesman would've had a better view of where the foul took place, he should've said something....

If I was a PAO fan I would be more worried about the 2nd and 3rd goals conceded, 4 players ball watching a rebounded shot then keeper in no mans land for the 3rd goal. That's more to worry about than the penalty....

Edited by Original Sydney
  • Like it 1

I've distanced myself from posting in this forum to just reading people's views because I've had enough.

Till now from what I have seen agonistika all signings are failures. The Essien was a bust due to failure. Our whole def line is aparadekti.

Sanchez is not a prospikotita to man our def. his first opportunity the idiot went in sliding in with both legs. He is too slow our backlihe is our weakness. We have no width whatsoever in our play. Vokolos and fyssas should be shipped out. Anastasiou has hit the tavani times up thanks.

Kourastikame to koutoxorto and the paramithia that everyone promises. The Greek league sucks and nothing will change. The refereeing sucks but the majority of the teams in it are yia klotsies us included. The country is broke and no one of note wants to come to Greece. Shrewd smart operators are required when money is not in abundance. We brought in 7 players and they can only make some sort of diff

As for parangkes and m*****es we've been reading this s%$#! for 20 fkn yrs and all we get is threads of pages upon pages oglf waffling and kotsoboliing. We say enough is enough but it won't end and it will never end.

When I see 2 karagiozides dragging the ergoteli player on a 5 dollar stretcher and treating him like a metanasti I've seen enough. Greek football is dead and it sucks dogs balls

No one will change that. We are stuck following our arrostia mas in our teams nothing else. Imaste arrosti gamoto, the show is going to the shittet :(

There are always teams that do well on leaner budgets than their peers...Didn't APOEL make the CL quarterfinals a few years back? Not exactly spending $50 million.  And spending doesn't guarantee you a title either.  For a country with the size and economy of Greece, we should be following the Portuguese/Dutch model.  They do not outspend their European counterparts.  They have developed a good solid infrastructure with solid scouting. Benfica/Porto routinely go head to head with the top teams of the world even though they are outspent 3 to 1.

jvc I don't agree with what you said about AEK and not being the team of the past, we have just come back up with a new owner and things are being done the right way for once. We have a good core of young players and with experience this team can do something, but it takes time it wont happen in our 1st season. Yes Meli hasn't put money into the team as yet but once we get into Europe (hopefully next season) and also be on the London Stock Exchange money will come through from investors. You don't need a $50 million budget, if you are waiting for that kind of budget well you most likely wont see it ever.

AEK hardly spent and we signed a few good players this season, if AEKs budget was $10 million for next season I would be happy with it.

I'm with jvc on this one ... although I don't think you need to necessarily jump to a $50M budget ...

Do you think Olympiakos would be what they are with a $10M budget.  I can assure you that most of the players they have now, would never have signed with them if that was the case.  Having said that, it depends on what you are trying to achieve.  Ideally, PAO would have a budget of around $20M to $25M (at least for now) and that would enable them to get better players.  I'm pretty sure if they had a budget like that, that nearly of their current 11 with the exception of Berg and maybe one or two other players, would be replaced.

As for doing well in Europe, it all depends again.  Budget isn't everything, but being able to pay players 500K+ wages will attract a better standard of player ... in general.

^^Correct me if I'm wrong.....Pre 2010 PAOs and AEKs budgets were more than 40 million, and I think ARIS and PAOKs was always past 20....If that's the case how is this AEK team good, and even if they finish second who did they beat, a low budget PAO team, a league with no ARIS, a crappie PAOK....The only way to rate your team where it stands these day's, is to compare it against Olympiakos, and AEK is a million miles behind Olympiakos.

Your numbers are so off its laughable. AEKs budget in 2010 was 10 million, Aris was around 6. PAOK was around 8. Aris has never had a budget over 6-7 million, AEKs biggest budget was 17 million back in 08, PAOKs biggest budget was the year with Huub and was around 15 million...

• Like it 1

Go back and review the transfers made in the Greek league during that year.... Panathinaikos SPENT 22 MILLION ON s%$#! PLAYERS LIKE MELISSAS, LAZAROS, SOUZA, AND SILVA CLAYTON! Olympiako spent 20 million that year too, most of that went to a player named Diogo, do you know where Diogo is now? He plays in Thailand. AEK spent 8 million that year and bought a bunch of skoupidia! Budget means absolutely nothing at all, it's all about knowing what you're doing and having good scouts and coaches. Stop playing FIFA manager mode where the richest team always wins and start watching the sport.

Your numbers are so off its laughable. AEKs budget in 2010 was 10 million, Aris was around 6. PAOK was around 8. Aris has never had a budget over 6-7 million, AEKs biggest budget was 17 million back in 08, PAOKs biggest budget was the year with Huub and was around 15 million...

Sounds about right.  At least for Aris and PAOK.  To be fair, even that is a "fake" budget because PAOK was racking up debt like no tomorrow.  Par for the course for PAOK was to have to fire sale of players every few years (PAO plucked a few that way and Olympiakos) or let the players leave unpaid.  Ridiculous as it sounds, I was happy when Savvidis came to PAOK just because we could pay wages.

Just to compare, the Olympiako budget for this year is around 23 million in salaries... So there goes your "you need 50 million euro budget to be good" theory

Again, sounds about right.  For a "normal" squad of say 25-30 players, your "average" would be around 750K per player.

$40 million in 2010 for AEK? Ela re jvc settle down a bit that's very far fetched.

As for Europe wasn't APOELs budget $10 mill euro the year they made 1/4 finals?

It isn't about the money its about how you prepare your team and secure the correct players that are needed THEN your team can be competitive.

Look at Oly they have spent spent spent and got nowhere and this season they got a good coach and also good players.

Madrid spent $500 million and didn't win a F***en thing, as I said it aint about the money.

If AEK got in CL and had a $10 mill budget and made 1/4 I would be stoked.

JVC I understand where your coming from, but money isn't everything in football. Sure it's quite a factor, but not the only one.

Just to clear the air, I do think Greek football is getting better. Here's some examples:

1. Olympiacos might have a decent champions league run

2. AEK is back, and financially healthy with a billionaire owner

3. Iraklis is back

4. PAOK is a rebuilding job, but is debt free and moving in the right direction with players and management

5. Larissa look like there coming back to the Super League, with AEL Arena

6. Aris will likely be back in a couple years. From what I've read in the Aris forum their attracting wealthy investors

Panathinaikos is a different story :P

With time things will only get better because they've already hit the worst. I believe that 2011-13 were the real s%$#! points in the Super League. Atleast now Super League clubs (as far as I'm concerned) can afford their players, unlike Aris, OFI, etc. who are taking the same bright route as AEK did.

As far as curruption, get over it man. It's not going to end, and the Greek League is not the only currupt league. You just have to learn to live with it bro.

We were never and have never been part of the big leagues jvc. Greek teams aren't known for being great in Europe, a team might have a good run from time to time but we are far from being up there with the big leagues. When was the last time a Greek team made a semi final in Europe? How many times have Greek teams been in 1/4 finals? Ukranian, Russian and Portuguese teams are going further than what Greek teams are these days.....

I see your point about the lack of money and budgets but money isn't everything I said above Madrid paid $500 million in 1 year and they won nothing. 

So jvc do you think with $50 million budget PAO would win the title in that season with the current personnel?

If they had such a budget, most of the current personnel wouldn't be there.

I am not arguing for jvc's view that the GSL has or has not dropped in standard.  That is a different issue.  What I agree with jvc though, is that budget definitely 100% helps.

Let me pose this question to you.  If Olympiakos's budget was reduced to PAO's, and PAO's was increased to Olympiakos's, given say a 2 or 3 year period to "stabilise" things, who do you think would be winning the GSL.  Olympiakos or PAO ?  To me anyway, the answer is obvious.