Phantis Forums

Giannis Alafouzos

Guest PastMember

8 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

Does anyone if Pateras is currently living in Greece or abroad? I heard rumors that he was abroad long term to avoid some tax issues, any credible source on this y'all can share?

He's getting plastic surgery done.  I have credible sources, but I can't divulge them.

• Like it 1

14 minutes ago, jvc said:

Then the government can step in and find investors to handle PAOs funds, and renegotiate with the banks for money owed.

Why would the government step in and find investors ?  And why would investors even be interested if the club isn't generating sufficient revenue to even be self supporting ?

9 hours ago, Bananas said:

He looks like one too.

Poor bastard, he must have been mercilesly ripped on throughout his life for his appearance. His media exposure perhaps has brought him some sort of celebrity status even if it is a joke thing. He has made a name for himself still. Sweet redemption.

11 minutes ago, Reaper said:

He was Alafouzos' greatest adversary. 

I don't think anyone took his delusions seriously...save a few desperate fans who were hoping for a rich buyer to come in and build a real contender.

28 minutes ago, jvc said:

Alafouzos has taken twice 5 million dollar loans from the banks,  and I believe they're backed by government programs.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't think Alafouzos is going to deliver PAO to the promised land.  But until a real contender shows themselves, it's all you have.  I haven't seen any real evidence that anyone else is interested.  And as for the V family, if they want it, come and take it!  They could if they wanted to, there is no need to beg them or kiss their asses.

• Like it 1

59 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Alafouzos took him seriously. Even gave him a deadline for his sultan(?) to put down a deposit for control of PAO! When the money never showed, Alafouzos banished him like a knight and went full steam ahead on the Panathinaikos Alliance revolution!

Reaper, Tsakas was a pure troll job, and it was obvious, what kind of Saudi Prince would send his representative (Tsakas) to press conferences in a yellow taxi?? 

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cocksta said:

When someone that wants to step in and invest I am sure Alafouzo will step down.

I don't know if this is true, but first someone (other than Tsakas) has to show interest. Alafouzo means well but he's totally incompetent to be a club owner who makes decisions. I don't know what Gilberto is doing, or anyone else Ala has around him.  Actually, Ala is cheating himself for all the money and energy he's put into the club and he has nothing to show for. He should go, but who's going to buy this club in this condition and the condition of the league?

27 minutes ago, Bananas said:

What would someone have to pay Alafouzos to buy the club ?  Does Alafouzos own all the shares, or a majority stake ?  Having said that, I don't even know how it works with PAO.

The problem with Greek owners is that they believe since they have the money, they must be geniuses! So, heck, you made money (by whatever means) therefore you can run a soccer team or a country.

A sensible person knows their limitations, so they pick good people for advice and to run things. But, you've got to be sensible to begin with in order to find those talented people to do things for you.  Alafouzos doesn't have good judgment either way, running the club or getting talent.