Phantis Forums

Paok - Xanthi

Bajewy

just got home from church to see paok won 2-1 with both goals coming from papadopoulos and xanthi's coming from tzavellas...i mean clayton.  how on earth is tzavellas on the national team? he cant even make a decent pass UNpressured. Well at least they managed to win so that makes it -2 points behind panathinaikos.  

heres the goals

http://www.novasports.gr/match-center/match-center-agonas/?mid=33

at least playoffs will be interesting this year   

Tzavella played one or two good seasons and has been riding the train of mediocrity ever since. Along with Maniati and once upon a time Spyropoulo. Players like these make me wonder what kind of connection they have, that keeps them from playing B division soccer, where they belong.

Tzavellas had a great chance to be the starter at PAOK last year, especially since Lino was atrocious for much of the (first half?) of the season. At this point, however, he is a shadow of the player that Rat is. He's a worthy backup (right now), but should not play CB. I can only assume he started the last match so that Costa/Papagiannopoulos could be rested for the playoffs.

As far as the ethniki goes - as much as I dislike Holebas, I understand that we rely heavily upon our fullbacks to create chances and so on. It seems clear to me that similarly offensive-minded players are going to be used in the future (once Holebas declines) - mainly, Stafylidis.

I should also note that Skondras, a RB, has also shown that he's a better LB than Tzavellas. A shame.

Regarding this match - I watched the second half. We did all right, but we had the same problem we always have - we can't finish. DPaps has been doing better lately than Klaus (a LOT better), so thank goodness we had him there to score this brace. The goal against us was caused by a stupid, stupid mistake, as the defender was caught out very far up the field...

Tzavellas has definitely dropped in level this season.  He went from being borderline NT quality or at least a backup, to not even being GSL level.  He should be worried about ever playing for the NT again given the drastic improvement in level and prospects of Stafylidis.

Next season will be a make or break season for Tzavellas.

Regarding Klaus, his second half of the season has been extremely disappointing.  Did his drop in form coincide with him signing his new contract ? ;)

As for the article of him playing in the EPL, the reporter should at least try and make it somewhat believable!  The best part about the article on sport24.gr were the user comments.  Now that was entertaining.