Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cocksta

Suggestions/requests

I lifted the restriction. I'm counting on you to be a great contributor here. Don't let me down!

Unfortunately, as time will tell, he will let you down. It is inevitable. The root cause of this undoing is the approach he has when he logs on to these forums. People join this virtual community for many various reasons. Some to learn, others to discuss and others to socialize and keep in touch with with various hellenes around the globe. I think these forums are wonderful and should be used as a tool to keep in touch with our culture, especially since most members belong to the diaspora. I have made friends from across the globe and I have stated many times that my main mission here is to learn. IMO, learning IS the main purpose of life. The day there is nothing left to learn , there is no point in living. Ever since I got out of school and began my professional career, I have always searched to broaden my horizons and learn as much as possible about as many things possible. There are some interests that interest me more than others, and I have tried to focus on those even more. These are the pleasures of life. Things that offer satisfaction and fulfillment. Among other things, I have studied sports nutrition and conditioning. 

The problem with this poster ( his history is written in black and white with controversy) is the way he approaches this forum. To him, everything is ( and i am quoting him in his own words) "a debate, a battle, a duel and a crossing of swords etc....." 

Well if you visit any public internet board this world has to offer with that approach, you have already lost before you log in. Then a person may wonder, why are they all after me? Why do they gang up on me? Excuses, defensive mechanisms start to trigger, then add the character and traits of the person ... the results are what we have experienced over here.

A part from the many things I do in life, I coach soccer teams. Many of them kids and adults. I am on the pitch 6 days a week.  I have players from around the world. Some of the players that I coach have played on the National Teams of their countries. Some of the coaches I have hired have played with stars that won Euro2004. One of our players might be bought by Platanias in the January transfer window. On one of our teams we have a player from Zimbabwe called Melu. In 2015 believe it or not he is illiterate. I have coached some members of this board and they know Melu personally. They know what I am saying is 100% the truth.

The whole team laughs about the poor guy but nobody will go tell him to his face. Here is a real quote Melu sent me

goege lm need your help schack the name  could  fusi  .he is in  southafrica  .he is just aplying for his  arcadermy .nothing  more.to scress .dunt forget about  this 

Melu does not know any better, but to the common man that knows how to read and write  English, this is funny. (BTW.. Melu is almost as fast as a cheetah)

Countless of times, Melu posts on Facebook, and jaws are dropped to the floor. If only Melu knew that what he wrote was nonsense.

How does this link to this forum? 

Well some people come to this football forum NOT knowing the game. Never being a member of a team and not being able to comprehend the dynamics of belonging to such a group.

They come here in search of debates and fights not properly armed. To a person that knows the game, they sound just like Melu's attempt to spell "schack" (i am assuming he meant check)

The poster starts attacking anyone who says anything against his childhood heroes in charisteas, otto, santos, katsouranis, samaras.... (is salpi untouchable too?) etc.......  Nobody is perfect, everyone is open for criticism, why are they off limits? All of these people made grave mistakes throughout their careers. They are professional footballers and coaches. They get paid to make mistakes.

I am of the opinion that a statue of Charisteas should be erected close to the Parthenon, he is a national hero. But he sucked at playing soccer. The mistakes Santos made, we paid for during WC14 and  Euro 16QF's. We will pay for them for a long time coming.

Arguments of the effects of lean muscle mass on a CF, are comical. Eating 16 cakes during the WC14 and then just brushing off cramps in the penalty shootout. NEWSFLASH ... Players get cramps from dehydration, lack of muscle mass and eating Keik. Ask any sports nutritionist.

Then a subject matter expert like for example Aek66 (amongst others)

OK, let's move on now.

If the laguage or the tone is insulting the mods will take care of that, but if anyone is irritated by someone else, just ignore them. Don't respond. Because, seriously, it usually escalates and nothing good comes out of it.

Take care.

• Like it 1

Just based on the name, really. The UEFA section is where a Euro forum would be I figured.

It looks like the last post in that particular forum is from 2012. Do you have your preferences set to not show anything with no recent activity? Not sure if that would filter out whole forums or just individual threads.

now i'm getting depressed ... i was so certain of doing the tour de france with the ethniki 

i still can't believe we did not qualify

I'm not following - I see your post in the appropriate folder, under uefa/nat team competitions/european championship. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question?

Thanks for persisting on this. It appears that there was some permission forum viewing settings that were not set properly. I believe it should be OK now. If not, please let me know.

Make a facebook  group ! c'mon. this needs  to happen. at least for the soccer part, since making a political/everyday news group on facebook wouldnt be anything useful to do.

Make a facebook  group ! c'mon. this needs  to happen. at least for the soccer part, since making a political/everyday news group on facebook wouldnt be anything useful to do.

I think they tried some Facebook group in the past - not from Phantis itself, but from forum users. Don't know what happened with that... There are currently no plans for a Phantis spot on Facebook.

Lazare, is it still technically possible to have a game prediction on the forums like we had many moons ago? Would be nice to have one for the new upcoming Superleague season.   

• Like it 1

Lazare, is it still technically possible to have a game prediction on the forums like we had many moons ago? Would be nice to have one for the new upcoming Superleague season.

Sorry guys. The application to run the 1-2-X game (from years ago) will need a major overhaul to run on today's server systems. That would require time and resources.There are no plans to revive it.

If there are any forum members that are developers and willing to undertake development and maintenance, we could be accommodating with hosting the application.

Sorry. I wish it were otherwise....

For something as straightforward as a topic, nothing's holding you back!

18 hours ago, GrkCdn22 said:

To any mod, can you please reinstate my private messaging privileges? It's been way too long and it seems like it's been overlooked and forgotten about.

Thank you.

By the authority invested in me, by me, your private message privileges have been reinstated.

#Bananas

• Like it 1

Ha ha, I was just having a laughing!  But glad to see it's worked out for you. :cool:

Is  there anyway of leaving the edit feature on for slightly longer? Sometimes when I have the time to re-read what I've posted I find grammatical/typographical errors that need correcting. 

12 hours ago, ThrylosG7 said:

Geez i thought I was the fascist in here 

I did too!  Ha ha, just kidding.