Phantis Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cocksta

Suggestions/requests

Ok  I know you guys want a political/economic/history section let me know what else.

Don't make 200 different forums like the other site.  We don't need separate news and history and off topic forums.  Just make one General Topics forum and be done with it.  You turn this site into 200 forums and then you will just have a bunch of forums with 4 topics and mass confusion like the other site.

• Like it 2

I agree. Too many threads can be confusing and spreading members too thin.

I would also suggest that once a thread (ie. this week's game, whatever thread it is) has run its course, let it be, don't post in old threads, because it creates more "live" topics adding to the confusion. 

Plus, before we start a new thread, let's ask ourselves is there demand for such. Would several (not just a couple) members be interested?  Give it time to get a feel of the kind of conversations the members are going to have. For example, you start a thread on a topic and then you see the conversation taking another route. Obviously there's a need for that. In this case, by the way, there's a way to split a thread into 2, collecting the relevant posts and coming up with a new thread.

Enjoy.

• Like it 1

A politics section would be great, always had a lot of good topics on GS there, especially the "Orthodox Brotherhood" thread that created so many arguments.

I don't know if anyone else would be interested, but I can't find a Rugby Union section, was just thinking since the World Cup is on this year.

• Like it 1

Many of us are very much into discussing history and politics...both those forums will have a lt of sub topics ..mixing them would be very confusing ...difficult to keep up with so many topics imho

But we don't need a history forum and a politics forum and a news forum.  The traffic is not there.  Look at the layout of this forum.  Why do we need separate forums for Rugby, handball, racing, ice hockey etc...  That is just silly.  Make a "Sports" forum and be done with it and that will draw more traffic and topics.  One of the downfalls of GS was all the forums.  If I go to a "sports" forum, I might be tempted to check out the ice hockey topics and whatever else but if I have to click to the ice hockey forum and then click to the baseball forum and see they each have 4 topics over 2 years then I won't post because nobody reads it.  Just make one "Greece history and news" forum and be done with it or better yet just put it in the off topic board.  Who cares if there is a watch thread next to the "Greek economy is crashing" thread.  I just hate having all these forums with 1 topic each and no traffic.  Its a complete clutter. 

• Like it 1

Exactly.  Combine a bunch of forums and if we see enormous history topics then build another forum.  GS news forum had a bunch of active topics if you count something that hasn't been posted in months.  Only 3-4 threads had constant postings.  The other ones were dormant.  You don't open up a small business with 10 locations at once.  You open up 1 store and if it works you expand.  I just don't want to see the same mistakes repeated with the other forum and honestly the GS forums were dying.  Compared to say 2008, the posts and traffic were way down.  Lets not act like Phantis inherited 200 active posters.  Maybe 20 at most.

Yes.

I agree on less threads that will in turn be more active.

Concerning the inactive pinned topics, I'll have a look around in the next couple of hours/days.

I agree with ThrylosG7 . I think threads that get less traffic such as lets say a "wrestling" thread or a "water polo" thread should be put under an "Other sports" forum as those don't generate as much traffic anyway. The Political forums got a lot of steady visitors no matter what, often times more than the sports related forums. Haha I know I've been itching to continue the Orthodox brothers conversation. Under a political forum we can put history related topics, current events, political ideologies, geography, etc. Then we can keep the "lets talk about it" Thread as a more light hearted socializing space for something like a "favorite movies" thread for example. 

I too think some of the things towards the bottom of the page can be put together. For example the Greek cup will probably be discussed in the forums of the teams that are involved anyway so I can't see someone from Olympiako lets say commenting on bother the "cup final" thread in their own topic and the general cup topic at the same time. The UEFA etc. and Greek players abroad can both fit under the "Other Soccer Topics" forum

PS now that were talking about other topics: Has anyone gotten in touch with Tantra, PPhresh , or Polynikes?

Edited by CHE21QNS

This might seem a bit petty but does anyone else think the ethniki section should be at the top?

This is the first thing i noticed when i came here.   Definately should be first and followed by Greek players abroad.

Maybe have a thread called "gs.com" or something like that, where :-

1) we can see a list of who came over and what their new user names are ?  Some people have kept the same user names but other's have changed and it's hard to tell who's who.

2) another list of user names from the old site that haven't been accounted for yet.  Like a lost and found.  I'd prefer that to just seeing random posts in random topics like "what's happened to x" and you get a response of "I don't know" 2 pages later.

have we been able to locate EL Did and the rest of the Aris posters?

Also I don't see the large number of PAOK members?

have we been able to locate EL Did and the rest of the Aris posters?

Also I don't see the large number of PAOK members?

Almand was also a quality poster.

Any chance of getting Kosmas to send out an email to all members on the gs.com register ? All member emails are there so it's technically not a hard thing to do. Or am I just being foolish ?

Probably!

As for suggestions/comments - I LOVE the idea of the "for your eyes only" forum.

I agree with the pinned topics comment as well. Stuff that has a purpose, will naturally float higher up. Kind of an eyesore.

I don't really care about adding more off-topic forums. I think if it gets to the point where there are, say, 30 politics threads, then the folks running the show will have an easy decision to make. Lumping all other sports together also makes sense, as they were rarely used on gs.com.

For the people concerned about the order in which the threads come (NT is below club threads) - I also don't really care. I will spend most of my time in the PAOK thread, so I'm pleased to see that come up first. The ideal solution would be a bbs system that allows one to customize what they see, but that's not really relevant to this discussion.

I doubt he'd do that since it would hurt his chances of selling the domain.

Pfft, good luck with that one.

Edited by Bananas

The Montreal Canadiens and Toronto maple Leafs topics are in the wrong forum. They belong in the World Sports section under NHL.

• Like it 1

The Montreal Canadiens and Toronto maple Leafs topics are in the wrong forum. They belong in the World Sports section under NHL.

you just make sure the hawks beat nashville so the leafs get a better pick:)