Phantis Forums

Straight down to business Greekaus by starting a LFC forum.

I'm not feeling to confident atm, Skrtel will be a big miss, but I think Sturridge may be fit.

And don't get me started on the whole Sterling contract situation.

• Like it 1

Sterling just has his agents filling his mind with s%$#! and playing up to the media

He's only 20 for Gods sake. , got years ahead of him to make elite money. 10 goals in all competitions thus far hardly deserves

Well Pana97 if you had lightning quick speed , endless stamina , great dribbling ability and an eye for goal who knows you would also make big money.

In reality however Sterling and his agents are asking for the kind of money a 23-24 year old World Class elite striker with 100 career goals already to his name would demand.

His contract isn't ending until 2017 so Liverpool don't have to do a thing.

Huge Match tomorrow, a win or a draw is a must. If we lose, top four not likely unless United start dropping points

Sturridge fortunately is back, hasn't been playing his best but a big performance from him is needed, as well as from Coutinho 

They finished their chances, took advantage of some poor defending on some occasions. Markovic messed up on what should have been a sitter that would have put us ahead early in the game. They scored when the momentum was with them, unlike when we had the momentum in our favor. Top 4 not likely, even Rodgers admits it. Fa Cup last chance to finish the season with some success 

Mignolet to the rescue. Pulled off two great saves in a matter of a minute when it was 0-0 and in stoppage time showed great hands to hold on to a shot by their keeper ha ha

Pretty lame performance overall, a tough win but a necessary confidence boost. Mission accomplishe and onto the semi finals next week vs Villa.

Good winning goal by Coutinho

Glad to have you hear Spilios. Welcome to the new home.

Rodgers already said in an interview yesterday that top 4 prospects look a bit bleak so full focus on the Cup next week. Skrtel and Gerrard will be back for that one but I think Sakho may not as he's got a hamstring problem.

No idea what formation the team goes forward with. Probably return to a flat back 4 which s probably got the best as our wing back okay has been rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool were garbage. Villa deserved the win and the trip to the final. Their midfield completely ran over Liverpool, out coached, created more and finished better. You will give Arsenal a harder matchup.

Like the look of young, Grealish, what a player he's going to be.

• Like it 1

Incase anyone hasn't realised by now, Liverpool's season is now effectively over. No more realistic possibility of finishing in the top 4 and under performed badly in all 4 cup competitions we've competed in.

Its hard to make a case to why Rodger's should keep his job given our latest slump in form, topped off tonight with a 1-0 loss to Hull of all teams. No reason why the owners shouldn't at least enter talks with the likes of Benitez or Klopp this summer, we could do with a manager that doesn't constantly look out of this depth.

we have been garbage all season in comparison with last... we had a decent run in the middle but the start and end have been poor.

our season was over when we got arsed by Utd at home... that was it. FINISHED! we dont have any big game players like last season.

If we want to have any hope in hell of challenging the top 4 we need to buy 2-3 new strikers. Balo, Borini, Lambert have all got to go... just pathetic return all season. At this stage last season it was 101 goals, this year its 47 goals... wtf? 

Sterling has dipped since all the dramas, i feel he is likely to leave as a result.

We will be lucky to hold our spot until the end of season... Europa league could even be off the cards.

This next pre season needs to be a clean sweep of the s**** and bring in some new ESTABLISHED talent. 

• Like it 1

So much for the tactical genius Brendan Rodgers. Got completely owned the last 3 games by Sherwood, Pulis and today Steve Bruce.

I don't buy the story that Sturridge's injury being reason enough no one on this team can buy a goal. We've been as a team clueless in creating anything under any formation or system and nothing seems to be working and worse of all the players looked unmotivated, lack passion and fall apart against teams that combined aren't worth the fees paid for Lallana and Markovic.

Rodgers needs to go. Last year was last year. He can't carry on into next Season preparing any team with the new players coming in.

As for Sterling and his

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not certain they'll sack Rodgers. But they were ruthless with previous managers like Dalgiesh and considering how bad Liverpool were in EPL, Europe and the cups its hard to see how they can keep him on. Rodgers seems to have lost the players, they've stopped showing any fight in the last few games and that was clear yesterday.

• Like it 1

Rodgers is an idiot. Lives to listen to himself talk. Ridiculous management of the team all Season and he's living off the Suarez and Sturridge's euphoria of last Season. Has committed so many sackable offenses this year that he has no business being allowed to continue on. Lost the players is an understatement. Yesterday was the worse Liverpool performance and result in 60 years.

Gerrard must be wondering on his way put " where the hell did all the good players go ? "

I've never myself witnessed such a lame effort by any Liverpool XI. Lose 6-1 at Stoke from a team with the transfer budget of Balotelli. F*** off Rodgers.

Last April he told the media " if you spend over

• Like it 1

The entire management structure/team at Liverpool is rotten from top to bottom.

You've got some nameless faceless suits wielding tremendous power with no accountability or responsibility. To compound matters there's an incompetent CEO , a transfer committee that relies on statistics and probabilities , a scouting department that is quite possibly one of the worst in the world ( i mean Newcastle have a better scouting department and that club is a basket case ) and the icing on the cake is a novice manager who by accident has fallen into one of the biggest jobs in world football and now talks as if he's invented football , who inspite of the mediocrity of his tenure and shocking abysmal results still has the arrogance to assume with a % of 150 that he'll be there next season .

• Like it 1

Absolutely. Rodgers is a problem, but so are FSG and the whole management/ownership of the club from the top has been terrible.

The media are saying Rodgers is not under pressure from the owners atm. If that is true it says a lot about John Henry and co. It was them who bought all the crap that Rodgers said about how he was a tactical genius in the first place too.