Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Donis, Pelkas, Fetfatzidis, Manthatis, Tsimikas, Androutsos, Manolas and so on. There are players that are fast. Some very fast like Donis. Skibbe should understand who he has in the talent pool. Tsimikas and Galanopoulos would have been called up if it weren't for u21 duty. Androutsos is a player that should be in this team but hasn't had many games under his belt. Alefantos once said his best position is the number 8 and that he would benefit the national team by playing him their. 

Why aren't the interviewers asking why Tziolis and Tzavellas got called up? Tzavellas is understandable because we have injuries their. But even then I'd rather someone else. They provide experience and I get that. But we all see how they sabotage our in game play. Karagounis and Katsouranis were older but still provided more. Even Maniatis is a better option. Tziolis is 32 and is playing like a 42 year old. His experience doesn't benefit us as much as Karagounis did or Katsouranis. 

I expect to see this.

Karnezis

Bakakis Manolas Sokratis Tzavellas

Zeca Kourbelis

Lazaros. Fortounis Donis

Mitroglou

Pelkas, Lykogiannis and Koulouris to come on. 

Bakakis only has a small injury and could play on the weekend. I don't who should start between Pelkas and Fortounis. Pelkas has impressed me a lot the past couple of weeks. If Tziolis starts then we might as well turn off the TV. 

• Like it 1

wasn't bakakis excluded from the squad? good news if he hasn't, i expect him to start. the other back should be lykogiannis and it will be a crime if he isn't. i don't know what more tzavellas will provide. he doesn't cut it anymore. he's slow to play as a left back, doesn't offer anything offensively and often he gets abused by his opponents, just watch his abysmal defending in gibraltar's goal (1-4) and that was roughly 2 years ago..

the rest i agree even though i hope mparkas starts instead of karnezis. skibbe said he didn't call up samaris because he has fallen out of benfica's rotation but karnezis doesn't start in napoli either. not saying he's a bad keeper however we need to take care of the future and karnezis is 33..

6 hours ago, georgelaz said:

skibbe too attached to torosidis and samaris

So he calls out Samaris and says he will get called up when he gets regular playing Time and he will again he said he will only call up players that are playing regularly and playing well. So why the F*** do these pussy ass reporters not ask this goof if that was true what is his your reading for calling Tziolis?? Man i would hammer this guy with all of his contradictions if i was a reporter.. In saying that id be happy seeing Zeca and Kourbelis start at midfield.. I still would give the edge to fourtounis over Pelkas but a short leash if fortounis is not having a good game, I would also be happy with Laz and Donis on the wing.. If Tziolis starts im done watching....

4 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Donis, Pelkas, Fetfatzidis, Manthatis, Tsimikas, Androutsos, Manolas and so on. There are players that are fast. Some very fast like Donis. Skibbe should understand who he has in the talent pool. Tsimikas and Galanopoulos would have been called up if it weren't for u21 duty. Androutsos is a player that should be in this team but hasn't had many games under his belt. Alefantos once said his best position is the number 8 and that he would benefit the national team by playing him their. 

Why aren't the interviewers asking why Tziolis and Tzavellas got called up? Tzavellas is understandable because we have injuries their. But even then I'd rather someone else. They provide experience and I get that. But we all see how they sabotage our in game play. Karagounis and Katsouranis were older but still provided more. Even Maniatis is a better option. Tziolis is 32 and is playing like a 42 year old. His experience doesn't benefit us as much as Karagounis did or Katsouranis. 

You cannot compare Karagounis & Katsouranis to Tziolis and Tzavellas those were two great footballers who played instrumental roles in Greece winning the European Championship along with there many other accomplishments with the Ethniki and at there respective clubs.

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

You cannot compare Karagounis & Katsouranis to Tziolis and Tzavellas those were two great footballers who played instrumental roles in Greece winning the European Championship along with there many other accomplishments with the Ethniki and at there respective clubs.

That is correct. But I suggest you re read what I said. I never said they were comparable. I meant it as in when Karagounis and Katsouranis played they were the older experienced players that contributed more and still had something to give. Tziolis has nothing of substance to give and Tzavellas is a has been. We might as well mark Sokratis, Torosidis and Karnezis as the experienced players and and give the younger more talented players a chance instead of Tziolis and Tzavellas. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

6 hours ago, Dean97 said:

For those that want to know, Bakakis injury wasnt so bad so he should be fine for the first match. Skibbes words. 

so wait is bakakis in the squad or nah? could really use him on the right flank with lazaros they do some pretty nifty overlapping runs. 

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, Dean97 said:

That is correct. But I suggest you re read what I said. I never said they were comparable. I meant it as in when Karagounis and Katsouranis played they were the older experienced players that contributed more and still had something to give. Tziolis has nothing of substance to give and Tzavellas is a has been. We might as well mark Sokratis, Torosidis and Karnezis as the experienced players and and give the younger more talented players a chance instead of Tziolis and Tzavellas. 

No worries, I see your point. 

Yo MC!!! Anyway enough rap,  Skibbe wanted the midfield to have an element of experience and chose Pirlo-I mean Tziolara. I am sure Zeca could play that elder statesman role now, even though he has only played a handful of matches for the Pirates. 

The front third will be:  Bakasetas  Mykonos  Lazaros.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Yo MC!!! Anyway enough rap,  Skibbe wanted the midfield to have an element of experience and chose Pirlo-I mean Tziolara. I am sure Zeca could play that elder statesman role now, even though he has only played a handful of matches for the Pirates. 

The front third will be:  Bakasetas  Mykonos  Lazaros.

your nicknames kill me. we should make a sub thread of our players spotted in mykonos.

• Thanks 1

and i just read the possible line up for tomorrow's game according to some sporting sites. 

karnezis

torosidis sokratis manolas lykogiannis 

zeca bouchalakis

donis fortounis mantalos

mitroglou

i almost felt unconsious seeing bouchalakis over kourmpelis and mantalos over lazaros. i would punch skibbe right away, my nerves hitting me.

GOD FORBID HOW THE FCVK THIS GUY GETS PAID?

• Like it 1

Wonder why Skibbe wouldn't play Mantalos as a box 2 box, he is a big fan but only plays him on the wing. He would be a bigger attacking threat than either Zeca or Kourbelis as an 8, and has experience over Bouchalakis. Like the idea of the Bouch though, if Mantalo must be on the wing.

Should play one of Zeca or Kourbelis as the no.6, Mantalos as the no.8 and Fortounis as the no.10 

I can see Donis as the CF in the future, although not just yet.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

On 9/7/2018 at 3:24 PM, Boxou said:

and i just read the possible line up for tomorrow's game according to some sporting sites. 

karnezis

torosidis sokratis manolas lykogiannis 

zeca bouchalakis

donis fortounis mantalos

mitroglou

i almost felt unconsious seeing bouchalakis over kourmpelis and mantalos over lazaros. i would punch skibbe right away, my nerves hitting me.

GOD FORBID HOW THE FCVK THIS GUY GETS PAID?

that's mad. the only changes I would make would be zeca for boucha and donis for mantalos. 

That's a huge blow. Now its a matter of which position would get the most out of Donis. On the wing I believe he would be more involved. We need him involved. I don't want him to get lost at striker. I would go with Koulouris upfront. We can then have Donis and Lazaros on the wings. I'm feeling as if Koulouris will score for us somehow. Id like Pelkas to also play. So if Donis goes upfront then Pelkas goes wide. Donis will be key in the next match. 

3 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Match topic for the Hungary game? 

Looks like Mitroglou is unlikely to play on Tuesday. Huge blow. Donis has to start at centre forward (assuming he's fit) 

Zeca and Bouchalakis good to go. 

http://www.novasports.gr/podosfairo/diethneis/nations-league/article/406591/ponaei-o-mitroglou-ponaei-i-ethniki/

was this posted today? Last I checked Skibbz said he'd be good for the game? Think it might be a slight of hand? (I doubt it but you never know Skibbe did surprise me with Kourbelis, Lyko and Pelkas starting). I think he might be actually improving as a coach.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic