Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Aravidis popped a goal against Sevilla yesterday. (A very very good team imo).

Djebour & him seem to be playing together so his playing time will likely be unhindered!

He popped one against olympiakos during the cup too.

He's proving little by little his dominance isn't just because he was in 2nd division Greece.

Hopefully he has a breakout season again with Aek in the superleague.

He would easily be one of the most passionate in the 11ada

he's 28 but some players are just late bloomers like Holebas. 

Similarly in basketball, Steve Nash became good in his 30s and was an all-star till about 35ish. (Basketball & Soccer players have about the same life span in professional level).

Anyways, Aravidis, really like the guy right now.

He is becoming dominant little by little ? He s 28 now, when will he be dominant enough? Also I do believe he deserves at least a call up, now that the upcoming matches of EURO dont really matter. and maybe a starting spot to show what he can/has to show.

Also I d like to believe that the whole 1-1 friendly inside OAKA could be a little fixed. Technically , a team that struggled vs a mediocre to bad cypriot team , cant come home 1 week later and draw with the EUROPA LEAGUE WINNER like yeah, nothing happened. If  Sevilla didn't care for the result and just wanted to test players ahead of the UEFA SUPERCUP , both sides got what they wanted.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

I would imagine the Greece squad gets picked in a week? A decent lot of midfielders, in particular an effective DM would go a long way as to how they perform this time around, as a team.

A view towards Russia 2018 is the best way to choose the contenders. Should anyone be added to A Samaris, P Kone, P Tachtsidis, G Maniatis, like, K Fortounis, or anyone else?

ok...back to the topic......

we play in a few weeks.....

........................karnezis...........................

toro..............sokratis.........manolas........xolebas

......................k.pap...............................

.............samaris............fortounis...............

ninis.............................................karelis

....................mitro.........................

subs:   kone, Lagos, bouchalakis, fetfa, Klaus, lazaros

i love that lineup 1789. I doubt anybody in the group will score against us with it.

That will also give our attackers the confidence to be creative. The subs can be used to just replace attackers to rotate them and see which forward will have his day.

The sport of what if's. Supernatural efforts by Navas stopped us from going to final 8 at the world cup, and possibly then some. Hellas did really well. Now its time to head towards Russia. Is Toro more suited further in, if there at all, given he is currently captain, as was Salpi not that long ago too?

Manolas has been awful for Greece since the cup. He got what he wanted, now bring back someone who gives a s%$#!:

--karnezis--

--torosidis--kpaps--sokratis--holebas--

--tachtsidis--samaris--

--kolovos--ninis--fortounis--

--karelis--

Stop being little bitches boys and stick to soccer. I come on here to talk about sports if I want to hear bitching ill talk to my wife. So grow the F*** up stop acting like little 12yr old girls and let's talk soccer.

Give Marcelinho a call up. 

He chose Greece as his 2nd home , Greece should respect that and AT LEAST cap him.

I believe its quite the honour for a player to get a callup in a National Team. It means he is probably some of the best ones that Nation has to give.

So if he chose us, why can't we choose him.

Edit: That last sentence sounds a lot like Pokemon.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Did anyone else find that Mitroglou has come forward in leaps and bounds lately? It is no coincidence that when he reverted to no.1 and Not no.2 on the clippers, for the sides with his hair, along with the Mohawk, it goes without saying, he has picked up on confidence. I know that feeling of confinence when I'm off to the bouzoukia. God love you the other Mitro-panos!!

Edited by ausgreek

In my opinion we should go with this 

Karnezis

Manolas       K.Papadopoulos        Sokratis

Ninis      Tachtsidis      Samaris       Holebas/Torosidis

Fetfatzidis          Karelis  

Mitroglou

Stafylidis, Gianniotas, Bouchalakis, Manaitis, Salpingidis, Moras, Kone, Lazaros, Kapino, Vellidis, Aravidis.

Give Marcelinho a call up. 

He chose Greece as his 2nd home , Greece should respect that and AT LEAST cap him.

I believe its quite the honour for a player to get a callup in a National Team. It means he is probably some of the best ones that Nation has to give.

So if he chose us, why can't we choose him.

Edit: That last sentence sounds a lot like Pokemon.

First logical thing i've read on this side of the forum.

There was talk of leto as well before the injuries kicked in. These guys bring the attacking flair our guys lack. We have enough defensive minded players and good ones at that at but from the middle up there is nothing to get excited about.

I'm looking at some lineups posted in this thread and can't help wondering that no matter who plays, the end result is the always going to be the same. I mean a lot of players have been capped in recent years but the only core guys that remain are those playing at the back.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic