Phantis Forums
Original 21

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

The team is more or less the same. I was waiting to see new untested names. It doesn’t matter now hopefully this is a winning team. 

12 hours ago, Dean97 said:

The team is more or less the same. I was waiting to see new untested names. It doesn’t matter now hopefully this is a winning team. 

You don’t want to change to much after our last 2 games which were arguably our best two games in years. You want to stick with a similar line up with the exception of a few and see if we can build on those games and continue forward.. I like the call ups. 

• Like it 2

25 minutes ago, J1078 said:

You don’t want to change to much after our last 2 games which were arguably our best two games in years. You want to stick with a similar line up with the exception of a few and see if we can build on those games and continue forward.. I like the call ups. 

Definitely especially the way we played the last match vs Bosnia. If the team shows the same attacking play, ball movement and pressing than Greece should get six points and this will help us move up the FIFA rankings but most importantly it will help the morale of the team going forward. 

Anyone know what's going on with Manolas? I see he hasn't played in the  last few games with Napoli. 

Agona has Vrousai injured. Either he or Masouras for one spot I think.

Retsos!!!! Is in u21's.

Restos played there last qualifiers for the U21. He hasn't really played for Leverkusen this year, coming off the bench when a cb has gotten injured.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:26 AM, Bardouuu said:

No Vrousai 🤔

I dont think this is a bad thing, look at the players selected over him, much better, his time will come.

Vrousai is injured at this moment. Therefore he did not play last Sunday either.  

People are saying there have been reports that Socratis said the NT doesn't fill his bank account.. If that's the case then he can go F....k himself as we have looked better without him these last two games then we have with him. I would never call him again. If these comments are true then this explains a lot and why he would be a cancer in the dressing room. You don't play on the NT for a paycheck you play for pride.

• Thanks 1

JVS got rid of the complacency such as Sokratis, Manolas, Torosidis, Mitroglou and Samaris. And he has included young, hungry players who have a point to prove and everyone is on notice. You must fight for your teammates, the shirt, fans, and your country and this is the way it will be going forward. The players I mentioned above have been automatic starters for the last 5 years and haven’t gotten us anywhere. We played our best football without them the last 2 games and that should speak volumes. We look more organised at the back and play at a higher tempo. Which is refreshing to see. I applaud JVS so far for what he has done and I hope this continues.

• Like it 3

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

People are saying there have been reports that Socratis said the NT doesn't fill his bank account.. If that's the case then he can go F....k himself as we have looked better without him these last two games then we have with him. I would never call him again. If these comments are true then this explains a lot and why he would be a cancer in the dressing room. You don't play on the NT for a paycheck you play for pride.

I don't put much stock in second hand talk....Sok has always been a pretty straight shooter with exception of his antics during Anastasiadis tenure. I tend to think he may have been led astray by outside influence and while I believe he and Manolas should have both been suspended as soon as it happened, there is still room for redemption if the Schipmeister decides to let them back in (the more successful the team is without them the less likely they will be brought back). They have been proven to be quite easily replaced so far.

• Like it 1

Yeah it’s hard to believe that Sokratis said that. I don’t think he is a bit of a pest and whinges a lot. He does care for the national team, that I believe. But I think he is negative in the way he explains things. I do appreciate him talking striefht and being to the point and also saying it as it is. There are many that believe Sokratis and Manolas “stopped playing” after the 2014 World Cup. They new they were going to be locks going forward in the starting line up and became less motivated and therefore they became complacent. Samaris and Mitroglou the same. As i said JVS has gotten rid of the complacency and has Instilled competition for places. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 2

Regardless if the reports are true or not Skratis, Manolas and Mitro have had this team drop to an all time low so as they need to clean house and get rid of them. The have done absolutely nothing for this team since 2014. We have been blaming the coaches but the truth is I think these 3 are the main reason and that's why we have seen the same results with every coach we've tried. Finally we got a coach that recognized the main issue and had the guts to make an unpopular decision and not call them up. I'm not saying they are bad players but I do believe they carry a negative vibe and if they don't agree with something the coach says or does it effects there play.  I'm more excited  now seeing what we have in young hungry players that want to make an impression and play with pride.

• Like it 2

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

Regardless if the reports are true or not Skratis, Manolas and Mitro have had this team drop to an all time low so as they need to clean house and get rid of them. The have done absolutely nothing for this team since 2014. We have been blaming the coaches but the truth is I think these 3 are the main reason and that's why we have seen the same results with every coach we've tried. Finally we got a coach that recognized the main issue and had the guts to make an unpopular decision and not call them up. I'm not saying they are bad players but I do believe they carry a negative vibe and if they don't agree with something the coach says or does it effects there play.  I'm more excited  now seeing what we have in young hungry players that want to make an impression and play with pride.

Sokratis let his game slip due to his on going dispute with Ange. This cost Greece three points at home vs Armenia where we conceeded three goals. Losing those three points was a huge blow and add on the lost points to Liechtenstein were manolas got beat on the goal. That's 5 points gone and had we got those wins we would be right in the thick of things with Finland for qualification. 

• Like it 1

Starting 11

Βλαχοδήμος, Μπακάκης, Χατζηδιάκος, Σταφυλίδης, Γιαννούλης, Κουρμπέλης, Γαλανόπουλος, Λημνιός, Μάνταλος, Μπακασέτας, Παυλίδης.

I was really hoping to see Fetfa start especially after coming on and making a big difference against Bosnia also would have liked to see Donis start for once.

Look for the momentum to keep building for this Greek team, Limnios is a weapon.

Edited by ausgreek