Phantis Forums
Original 21

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

When Bakakis played against Saudi he was beaten easily a couple of times. He probably had an off game because he played very well against Egypt. 

On 7/12/2018 at 10:02 PM, Argy said:

Fetfa will play an important part in the next campaign. 

Don't be so sure Argy, I don't have confidence that Skibbe will select him.. I hope I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, J1078 said:

Don't be so sure Argy, I don't have confidence that Skibbe will select him.. I hope I'm wrong.

I think that if he performs regularly and well he will get a call up. I'm hopeful.

Did anyone see Fetfatzidis goals in the friendly? Class player. Also Manos is one to look out for and Androutsos looks the stuff hopefully he gets more game time this season. 

• Like it 1

With Nations League just around the corner and the World Cup coming to an end we saw Croatia our playoff opponent finish 2nd and Belgium who was in our group finish 3rd. I believe Greece would have fared very well at the World Cup had we made it.

We were very unfortunate to have had Manolas suspended and Donis injured for that match vs Croatia and a make shift lineup by Skibbe that was atrocious. I believe we could have gotten a result in Croatia had these two players been in our lineup.

As qualifying for the Euro begins Skibbe better go with his best IN FORM players not guys that are not getting any playing time and I really hope he moves on from Tziolis and Tzavellas. We have much better and this Nations League is the perfect time for these guys to get minutes.

• Like it 2

59 minutes ago, Makynia said:

With Nations League just around the corner and the World Cup coming to an end we saw Croatia our playoff opponent finish 2nd and Belgium who was in our group finish 3rd. I believe Greece would have fared very well at the World Cup had we made it.

We were very unfortunate to have had Manolas suspended and Donis injured for that match vs Croatia and a make shift lineup by Skibbe that was atrocious. I believe we could have gotten a result in Croatia had these two players been in our lineup.

As qualifying for the Euro begins Skibbe better go with his best IN FORM players not guys that are not getting any playing time and I really hope he moves on from Tziolis and Tzavellas. We have much better and this Nations League is the perfect time for these guys to get minutes.

I agree that we ended up playing two of the 3 best teams that were in the World Cup and if Donis and manolas were playing the game in Croatia would have been different. Now we might have not got a result but I don't think we would have lost by more then 1 goal which would have given us a chance in the 2nd game.. I don't see Skibbe moving away from Tziolis at all if he wasn't going to use him then he wouldn't have played the entire game in our friendly and he would have tried someone else.. I truly think Skibbe is still not that knowledgable of the Greek players because if he was there is no way he would continue to choose the line up he does.. This nations league will show us a lot and ultimilety what we can except from this coach going forward.. We can not continue to play guys that don't get regular playing time, and where we are unsure about a certain postion then you need to pick players with speed who can make up for their mistakes.. We need to stop playing guys that are slow and lazy like Taxi... lets see what happens but until i see changes with the call ups and line up selections then I don't except anything to change from our last campaign regarding players..

• Like it 2

I have been overcome with Tziolis-sysmosys. In a  hypnotic state of mind. I know now why Skibbe picks him first in every squad. Skibbe and I now believe Tziol is the no.1 midfielder in the world. Yes my peeps we have been wrong all this time.

Pirates best players are currently Tziolis, Tziolis, Tzavellas, Maniatis Samaris and Tachtsidis.

Edited by ausgreek

10 hours ago, J1078 said:

I agree that we ended up playing two of the 3 best teams that were in the World Cup and if Donis and manolas were playing the game in Croatia would have been different. Now we might have not got a result but I don't think we would have lost by more then 1 goal which would have given us a chance in the 2nd game.. I don't see Skibbe moving away from Tziolis at all if he wasn't going to use him then he wouldn't have played the entire game in our friendly and he would have tried someone else.. I truly think Skibbe is still not that knowledgable of the Greek players because if he was there is no way he would continue to choose the line up he does.. This nations league will show us a lot and ultimilety what we can except from this coach going forward.. We can not continue to play guys that don't get regular playing time, and where we are unsure about a certain postion then you need to pick players with speed who can make up for their mistakes.. We need to stop playing guys that are slow and lazy like Taxi... lets see what happens but until i see changes with the call ups and line up selections then I don't except anything to change from our last campaign regarding players..

I have that same feeling about Tziolis. Why would Skibbe play him in the friendlies and not be in the plans for the nations league? He played many players from the u21s against Saudi. These players good or bad should be slowly making there way in the first team. Androutsos and Galanopoulos are players who should be involved from now. Tsimikas is another one. The u21s I realised do not have a strong or aggressive midfielder as a 6 who does the dirty work. Like Zeca. Most of their midfielders are box to box midfielders. The right back position needs work aswell for the u21s. Same could be said for the men's team. Hopefully Masouras picks up form at Olympiakos. So midfield in my opinion is a huge problem leading into the nation's league. We will probably see Zeca and Samaris start together. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

Greece got jobbed by FIFA with the suspension to Manolas or else the first leg I believe most likely would have ended 1-1 or at worst 1-2 which still would have given us a great chance going back to Athens. Skibbe didn't help our cause with his selections either. I hate to say it but I guarantee he will start our first nations league match with Tziolis in the midfield.