Phantis Forums
Original 21

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Fetfa’s stats in mins played and goals scored is better than most of the current NT players 

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Fetfa’s stats in mins played and goals scored is better than most of the current NT players 

That's true.

2 hours ago, Alphonse said:

last time he played for the nt was back in 2015, and he earned most of his caps around 2011-2014 when he hit top form. done nothing ever since then.

Fetfa is a talented player who unfortunately has proven himself to be a Saudi league level player....spent much of his time on the bench for oly then had a full seaon at Genoa (31 app.) but didn't impress and was loaned out to Chievo....again didn't impress so he was sold to Al-Ahli where he has performed well. He's able to take advantage of the lower level of play and has established himself as an offensive threat....but if you throw him in against tougher european competition he usually won't perform and doesn't bring anything more to the table...much like Ninis. Don't get me wrong, I was really excited when both these players first came on to the scene but I consider them both to be a big let down (especially Ninis). At least Fetfa has made some big money in the Saudi league but if he was as good as many seem to think, he'd be back playing in europe by now...I hope he does return but he's under contract until next summer.

Posted (edited)

fortounis is probably our best attacking midfielder though out of form. I would not count him out. he's a key player for olympiakos which hate or love it is a big side. (saying as a panathinaikos supporter)

if a few inches were on his side he would have scored 2 goals vs. switzerland. 

I think he'll be back next season.

Edited by georgelaz

5 hours ago, georgelaz said:

fortounis is probably our best attacking midfielder though out of form. I would not count him out. he's a key player for olympiakos which hate or love it is a big side. (saying as a panathinaikos supporter)

if a few inches were on his side he would have scored 2 goals vs. switzerland. 

I think he'll be back next season.

Hopefully. Marinakis has told almost all the Olympiakos players to leave and that Olympiakos will be playing some of the u20s from the academy. Fortounis will most likely leave next season aswell as a few others. This is a good chance for Androutsos to play a full 90 game as he needs it. 

interesting. I don't believe that though and it's not like olympiakos has been terrible they're just used to getting the title. they're only 1-2 games away from another title.

I think the overdid it with the foreigners that don't bleed for the shirt. eg) seba seems like a bit of deadweight but keep playing him cuz of his brazilian pedigree

whereas the olympiakos that I was jealous of as a pao fan was circa 2013 = samaris, mitroglou, manolas, holebas, fetfa + foreigners that played with pride = mirallas, dominguez, botia, roberto

Papadopoulos might go to PAOK. I think it would be a bad move. He should stay abroad as it would benefit the national team. Him and Retsos are clearly our back ups. 

I don't know why Siovas hasn't been called up. He has been clearly doing well in Spain for 2 seasons. He could more stable then Manolas and Sokratis. Hid weakness is his pace in my opinion but his passing is the best from all our centrebacks. We should utilize him. 

siovas's team beat sevilla actually. When we played with him vs. Romania it was one of our all time best attacking performances too. Not sure how much I can attribute to him tho

On 4/8/2018 at 4:36 AM, Dean97 said:

Papadopoulos might go to PAOK. I think it would be a bad move. He should stay abroad as it would benefit the national team. Him and Retsos are clearly our back ups. 

I don't know why Siovas hasn't been called up. He has been clearly doing well in Spain for 2 seasons. He could more stable then Manolas and Sokratis. Hid weakness is his pace in my opinion but his passing is the best from all our centrebacks. We should utilize him. 

Papadopoulos will eventually go to PAOK but it will be at around 30-32 years old where he will play out the rest of his career. It`s now time for him to take that next step that we all know he has in him, not to go back to Greece prematurely. 

On 8/4/2018 at 11:36 AM, Dean97 said:

he has a 6 mil buy out clause which will be lower in case hamburg gets relegated. although the player said his priority is to keep playing abroad.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:41 PM, Alphonse said:

He should get game time over Lazaros, Fetfa has provided exiting football in SA, still deserves a game during the friendlies.

Our team will only grow if learn to become less dependent on the ageing likes of Tzolis and one-dimensional players like Tachstidis.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:29 AM, Dean97 said:

Hopefully. Marinakis has told almost all the Olympiakos players to leave and that Olympiakos will be playing some of the u20s from the academy. Fortounis will most likely leave next season aswell as a few others. This is a good chance for Androutsos to play a full 90 game as he needs it. 

Fourtounis has been stuck in the Greek league for a few seasons now. It would be good for him to test himself in a more prominent european league where he can get exposed to a different style of football. 

He has talent, just needs to find consistency in his game. 

4 hours ago, MelbourneGreek said:

Fourtounis has been stuck in the Greek league for a few seasons now. It would be good for him to test himself in a more prominent european league where he can get exposed to a different style of football. 

He has talent, just needs to find consistency in his game. 

Yeah I agree I think he should have left before the start of this season. He is 25 and needs to be playing in a better league to improve. His attitude lately doesn't help. 

The thing is that Fourtounis did play abroad, in Germany, but didn't impress. He regressed and rediscovered his form back at OLY.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

The thing is that Fourtounis did play abroad, in Germany, but didn't impress. He regressed and rediscovered his form back at OLY.

He was 18 man. And he had 3 seasons with 70 games with Kaiserlautern both in 1st and 2nd bundes.

EDIT: As for his attitude I am actually on his favor. He is regarded as probably the best offensive Greek player right now and easily the best 10 in the Greek League, and Olympiakos instead of building around him just keeps selling and selling becoming a smaller club season by season, also refusing to sell Fortounis becuase he is their captain. I would stop being interested as well seeing that my ambitions do not combine with Olympiakos.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

18 hours ago, Boxou said:

he has a 6 mil buy out clause which will be lower in case hamburg gets relegated. although the player said his priority is to keep playing abroad.

Going to PAOK at 26 would be an epic fail for him. 

19 hours ago, MelbourneGreek said:

He should get game time over Lazaros, Fetfa has provided exiting football in SA, still deserves a game during the friendlies.

Our team will only grow if learn to become less dependent on the ageing likes of Tzolis and one-dimensional players like Tachstidis.

Over Lazaros?? Lazaros has been ripping it up in Greece & Europe. He should be getting game time over Bakasetas if anything but I completely agree with your second statement, let’s get some speed and agility in the team, enough with the old & failed 

• Like it 1

If Greece u21s make it to Euro championship should we let Retsos and Donis play with them aswell? It would boost the defence and and attack.

Posted (edited)

Karelis Mitroglou

Holebas        Fortounis/donis        Fetfa/Pelkas

Tachtsi Zeca

Sokratis Manolas Kpaps

Karnezis

3-2-3-2

something like this would be good for qualifying campaigns. If we we win all the games against the minnows and not concede points to likes of estonia etc. then play defensively against big teams might be a nice formula.

although tachtsi had bad friendlies I think on the left with a dynamic winger like holebas spraying passes on the left lane would be dangerous. Zeca can compensate for the whole that fetfa leaves.

Edited by georgelaz

sorry to say but it's time to realise that holebas retired 1,5 years ago, and fetfatzidis' last call up was almost 3 years ago. back to reality lol.

• Haha 1

If we had Holebas and Fetfatzidis we would be way stronger than what we are. Holebas has become a very solid left back that can cover the whole left flank. Fetfatzidis has been tearing it up in the Saudi League. I believe he should come back to the Greek League. If players like Witsel and Carrasco one of the best players in the Belgium team can still get call ups even though they play in China then is we no reason why Fetfatzidis can't get a call up. We are not stacked up in the wide positions. Pelkas, Donis and Christodoulopoulos are the only ones that can play on the wing. Gianniotas as well. 

• Like it 2

skibbe to get sacked and alefantos NT coach! he'd bring holebas back fo sho. 

he favours siovas though which is questionable lol

Siovas should be in team. Marios Vrousai scored for Olympiakos and looked good. Hopefully he can get into the u21s team for Greece. 

I don't mind Stafylidis being our main left back. 

• Like it 1

siovas in the team is fine but I'm not sure on his stance as an integral part of the backline. 

seems like coaches like to add their own unique touch come hell high water.

Santos with Holebas/Katsouranis

Skibbe with Tzavellas/Donis

Rehhagel with Charisteas

Alefantos would want Siovas and Holebas and he doesn't rate Staf. Staf definitely needs to be on the squad though.