Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Yes, players between 17-20. 
Greece plays Italy in the semifinals while Spain plays Morocco. Greece can medal here. 
Greece beat Turkey earlier in the group 1-0. 

Edited by Molon Lave
  • Like it 2

Its time the Greeks rise out of the football doldrums, Skibbe must play Mantalos as our AM, he has a high tempo style with a resemblance of Modric. Fortounis does well at LW or further back in midfield. 

I wonder if a match will be organised for August  as a lead in to this new Nations Cup in September?  

Time to play Zeca and Terry Androutsos behind Matalos,  more energy so in with the new.

Tzioli can be head of booking motels and cabs.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

2 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I couldn't agree more ausgreek. How you been? You've been missing for a while.

I'm good re maik, it has taken me this long to get over the fact Hellas missed the World Cup. Croatia are very good and still alive in the quarters.

I agree with you that Bouchalakis could be our answer at CM, I think Androutsos might have the motor too. Hope the Pirates start well in the up coming Nations Cup in September.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

For this season I am hoping big things for him at Olympiakos. He is by far a better midfielder than Tziolis and can actually shoot, unlike our current midfielders. 

I'd also like to see Androutsos get chances. His natural role is a number 8 and he would provide the energy we need in our slow midfield. Galanopoulos can also provide energy. 

no way bouchalakis, he's just another tachtsidis. 

just imagine going to the wc with such slow midfielders, we would have been slaughtered for real. 

you need to put players like galanopoulos, kourmpelis and zeca. less technical but running their ass off and making sure we want surrender the midfield. samaris or tachtsidis are more of an "8" player so they could come around the second half.

• Like it 1

i think if tsimikas manages to claim a starting spot in olympiakos this year, could easily be in the upcoming call ups. he's a modern full back, that we have been lacking lately and he's coming off a good season in netherlands. 

tsimikas-mpakakis-stafylidis-lykogiannis could be our 4 defensive backs going to the nations league on september. 

sokratis-manolas-retsos-mavropanos is what i'd like for the CB position, with karnezis-gianniotis-mparkas being the goalkeeper trio.

Edited by Boxou
  • Like it 1

on offense i think it's clear that our best playemakers are fortounis and pelkas so both should be a lock. lazaros and donis for starting wingers with fetfatzidis and gianniotas (so sad to say this) being their back ups. we have no other alternatives and so i didn't start to like them, anyone who thought they could be nt material will see how they'll do in higher level of competition this year (gianniotas' team got promoted to spanish la liga where it's likely he'll be a bench warmer and fetfatzidis signed for olympiakos, where the football is obviously superior than the saudi arabia league)

mitroglou and karelis locks for the striker position as well.

Nice to see you back Boxou. Where have you been? I agree about Tsimikas. He is one to look out for. All I hope for is that we don't see Tzavellas and Tziolis anymore. We need to move on from them. Our experienced players should be Karnezis, Sokratis, Torosidis (it might be time for him to step aside) Samaris and Mitroglou. 

Apparently Papadopoulos will play in the 2nd division with Hamburg. This the time for Retsos and Mavropanos to shine.

Yeah I agree. It's sad that we were not part of the world cup but hopefully things turn around in the nations cup. I'm not holding my breath because of Skibbe and Tziolis but hopefully we can somehow produce good performances and results. 

We can forget about seeing new guys or even changing guys positions around, Skibbe will stick with what he knows and only play the guys he's comfortable. He sees us going to the playoffs a success not a failure like we all do so I'm so worried he will pick his trusted line up and try to advance that way.. So in short be prepared to see the likes of Tziolis, Tzavellas, Bakastas and so on....

Ah farout I hope not. The more you think of it in that way it will probably happen. If he is a smart guy he would realise why we didn't qualify and what he needs to do change it. But I guess he is stubborn. He is only going to lose his job is he plays Tziolis and Tzavellas. They sabotage the team without them wanting to. 

Imagine a team like this:

Karnezis

Lykogiannis Manolas Sokratis Stafylidis

Zeca Androutsos

Donis Fortounis Fetfatzidis

Mitroglou

Subs

Samaris, Bouchalakis, Barkas, Gianniotis, Karelis, Lazaros, Mantalos, Retsos, Bakakis, Pelkas, Kourbelis, Manos.

This should be our team. Androutsos comes in to add energy with Zeca. Fortounis is our best attacking midfielder who looks very good in pre season, fast and technical wingers who can take on defenders and assist Mitroglou. I believe Manos will be in the team if he can score goals this season. 

Tziolis and Tachtsidis don't need to be in the team. They are too slow and the latter is out of form. Samaris needs to sit out and earn the trust. Lykogiannis can take over Torosidis who are similar in physical attributes. But I'm concerned that Lyko hasn't got a strong weak foot. 

In any case this would be the ideal line up going into the nation's cup.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 3

That's the thing though with Skibbe, he has made the same mistakes over and over, it's mind blowing, watching the WC alone has shown us that you can't use a slow team now days yet we have had Skibbe use Tziolis and Tachtisidis in our last two games... Tachtsi was tragic in both games and Tziolis is Tziolis, yet if your were a betting man, you would put a fair sum on Skibbe starting at least one of these guys in our next game.

League of nationals will be a true judgement day for Skibbe, if he makes the same old mistakes we have well and truly wasted over 12 months with this kreas of a coach.

All your suggestions above are better solutions to what Skibbe does 

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 1

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

We can forget about seeing new guys or even changing guys positions around, Skibbe will stick with what he knows and only play the guys he's comfortable. He sees us going to the playoffs a success not a failure like we all do so I'm so worried he will pick his trusted line up and try to advance that way.. So in short be prepared to see the likes of Tziolis, Tzavellas, Bakastas and so on....

J1 baby, Skibbe must Not be comfortable with a slow midfield. Tziol, Taxi and Samaris are not international class, neither has a big engine. Zeca needs two other guys to complement him urgently. Mitro could get faster service as well.

• Like it 1

What we need to see is a 3 CB formation, similar to what Belgium is fielding against Brazil. We have a great defense, poor midfield, OK attack. Why not play to our strength and use Sokratis-Manolas-Papadopoulos, with Stafylis on LWB, Toro/Babakis/Lyko as RWB, Fetfa and Donis on the wing with Mitro up top. By loading up the wing positions it takes a huge load off the midfield players. I cannot believe this hasn't been tried yet. 

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, Argy said:

What we need to see is a 3 CB formation, similar to what Belgium is fielding against Brazil. We have a great defense, poor midfield, OK attack. Why not play to our strength and use Sokratis-Manolas-Papadopoulos, with Stafylis on LWB, Toro/Babakis/Lyko as RWB, Fetfa and Donis on the wing with Mitro up top. By loading up the wing positions it takes a huge load off the midfield players. I cannot believe this hasn't been tried yet. 

I've always us to try a 3 at the back system. But it won't happen. If we put Androutsos and Kourbelis or Zeca behind our attacking midfielder it would benefit the midfield instead of having slower midfielders. Boxou could be right about Bouchalakis being slow like Tachtsidis but I don't think he would be that slow. He should have been tested it's friendly. I like the idea of a 3-4-3. I also think that I'd Mitroglou is not playing well for club then Manos if in form should be given a chance. It's also important that we play our most in form players this time around. 

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I've always us to try a 3 at the back system. But it won't happen. If we put Androutsos and Kourbelis or Zeca behind our attacking midfielder it would benefit the midfield instead of having slower midfielders. Boxou could be right about Bouchalakis being slow like Tachtsidis but I don't think he would be that slow. He should have been tested it's friendly. I like the idea of a 3-4-3. I also think that I'd Mitroglou is not playing well for club then Manos if in form should be given a chance. It's also important that we play our most in form players this time around. 

Bravo re captain Dean, Androutsos Kourbelis & Zeca as opposed to Taxi, Tziol & Samaris/Maniatis. Go with youth and they won't let anyone down. Zeca and Sokrati will point them in the right erection

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic