Phantis Forums
Original 21

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

I think Bakakis should be next in line for Toro at RB position. I think Toro has one good campaign left in him though.

Bouchalakis should probably be involved if Samaris is still struggling to get game time.

I agree. But does anyone actually think that the u21s will be better than our current group of players later in 2-3 years? Or is it wishful thinking? 

potentially we could add 5-6 players.

Edited by Boxou

anyone a paok fan? seems like pelkas is scoring a lot... is he as good rw as he is cam?

we're desperate for wingers

He's better up the middle. And better as a left winger than on the right. I wrote more about him a few pages back.

He Is good enough for RW or LW. We could still use him as a attacking midfielder. By the way I am a Olympiakos fan.

1 minute ago, pash said:

He's better up the middle. And better as a left winger than on the right. I wrote more about him a few pages back.

Do you seem to still favour Mystakidis over him pash?

At the moment no, just because Mistakidis has only played like 40 minutes since coming back from his injury. In time, I'll probably prefer him again.

I should note that he's looked GREAT during those few minutes.

By the way Ninis is having trouble with his club in Israel and is probably going to leave this transfer window. He will then not be able to play for another team in Europe until next season. He has strong ambitions to play in Europe and being in the national team again. I hope he play in the national team again because he has glimpses of greatness.

I guess you think Fetfatzidis is done as well when in reality he would put all our attackers on show. 

Laz Fortounis Donis

??? Zeca

For ??? depending on form = Kourbelis, Tachtsidis, Samaris

On 15/1/2018 at 1:44 PM, Dean97 said:

I guess you think Fetfatzidis is done as well when in reality he would put all our attackers on show. 

ninis was not even a regular in low table belgium sides previously. now he has been kicked out of his team's squad in israel, again in a below average team. but ofc as a country that aims to qualify for wcs and euros we should call up players like him and gianniotas who are not even difference makes in far worse leagues than the greek one. 

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

Laz Fortounis Donis

??? Zeca

For ??? depending on form = Kourbelis, Tachtsidis, Samaris

pelkas can compete for a spot as well i think. our depth should be like that at the moment. 

samaris/tachtsidis/kourmpelis/zeca/galanopoulos

pelkas/lazaros/fortounis/mantalos/donis

mitroglou/karelis

Now it's time that we call up inform players and none of this closed club mentality. We need our best players possible. The Ethniki is one big family so all Greeks need to be taken in consideration. Dimitris Manos who plays in the Greek second division is in hot form for OFI and has scored 10 goals with 4 assists. He is clinical. We are very thin in the strikers position. Diamantakos and Vellios don't seem to cut it this season.

LOL. Sure and here in Canada we have an 18 year old who scores a lot for Olympic flame. May as well put him in the mix too. 

So let's just play out of form 2nd division bench warmers who can't play well even when given a chance by Skibbe. By the way I'm talking about Vellios and Diamantakos. Might as well give an inform player a chance. Inform players are Pelkas, Kourbelis, Manolas, Retsos, Paschalakis, Bakakis, Manos, Kyriakopoulos, Papadopoulos and Tsimikas. These players should be given the chance this time around. 

Who is Manos? Don't tell me you really think a Greek SECOND division player must be given a chance to the NT because I'm simply speechless.

He soon won't be. He probably will sign for Panathinaikos. That's if OFI make it to the Superleague. 

greek superleague top goal scorerers.. not a single greek snap lol.

http://www.superleaguegreece.net/en/stats/topplayers

the problem is the best greek strikers get bought out by big clubs and then are left to rot on the bench. eg) giakoumakis at AEK.

giakoumakis mystiakidis could be okay

bakasetas, lazaros, kone, donis can play cf as well but not their optimal positions.

vellios and diamantakos are okay and are realistically are 3rd and 4th best if they were actually in form.

we gotta hope to god mitro and karelis can be in form for next campaign. luckily we have a lot of time before competitive play.

Hopefully Donis will pan out for us going into the next campaign he is a very promising attacking minded player, something we have not seen in a while. 

well Laz is also in the for of his life right now... 

Greek players for some reason peak in their 30s...

Can you imagine Lazaros dribbling towards the defence and Donis making a run through the wing. Talking about creating chances, with Fortounis in the mix we could look dangerous in attack. All we need is for Mitroglou to perform and the midfielders to do their job.

I Like Laz but for some reason Skibbe has it in for the guy.. I only see Skibbe using him regularly only if it's his last resort which is a huge mistake.