Phantis Forums
Original 21

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

Look, only the fact that he plays for a mediocre Spanish second division side says everything you need to know about his quality. Although it has to be said that he basically doesn't even get playing.

He can't be in the squad for a team that aims to qualify for major tournament, whether people like it or not.

kone with an outside box cracker for AEK. AEK is looking really good this season, might win the league and go deep in europa

Tachtsidis, Fortounis had their problems after signing for Olympiakos but they became regulars eventually. Probably the same goes for Kone (he has had arguably more problems than the two aforementioned players), lets hope he will be a vital member of AEKs midfield!

• Like it 1

I have a feeling he's gunna get into some top form.

If Kone get get his 2014 form back he'd be AEKs best player hands down and possibly best player in the league.

Edited by georgelaz

with Laz and Donis on the wings we'll be okay. We need a decent third in case one of them is out.

Think we'll see something like this...

Mitroglou/Karelis

Laz            Fourtounis/Mantalos   Donis

Tachtsi/Samaris Zeca

Staf     Sokratis             Manolas        Toro/Bakakis

Karnezis/Anestis

possibly Kone second striker. 3ATB with Kpaps would be nice and possible with Bakakis coming up. Staf and Bakakis are engines.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

I'd love to see Kone back in the team too. Does anyone think Koulouris will shine soon? He looks like a striker we've been hoping for all these years. He is better than Giakoumakis and Diamantakos. He is also an essential part of the u20s national side. 

koulouris has a way to go before he enters the conversation for the ethniki. Should be more excited about the fact that Kareli scored his first goal today for Genk since his return from injury. He has been playing regularly over the last month and now that he's scored hopefully gets on a roll. 

Mitro and Karelis are far better then anything else we have at centre forward. I'd be surprised if Koulouris is starting for PAOK by the end of January

• Like it 1

Yeah Karelis scored which Is good. Very unfortunate that Donis is injured for 3 weeks, he needs to start scoring to build more confidence. We need some friendlies to organise a few positions such as the wingers, right back, central midfield and striker postion. Torosidis is getting old and hasn't got the pace he used to have. This needs to be taken to account. Karnezis is inconsistent and needs to be tested. Players like Kourbelis, Siopis and Pelkas need to be given chances to see what they got. Karelis needs to slowly make his way back to the team. 

still think fetfa should be in the picture. axel wixel starts for BELGIUM playing club in China and Berg for SWEDEN (that qualified over italy. ) playing club football in arabia

imagine fetfa and donis on the wings. ladies and gentlemen we'd have a midfield. 

at least we have laz but we don't have the depth in winger position to be picky about fetfa.

laz,donis, fetfa, gianniotas should be our main wingers

pelkas and villafanez I think could also do a good job on the wing.

chatzigiovannis up and coming possible winger.

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

yeah lol. gianniotas who is a bench warmer in spain's second division and fetfatzidis who has been playing in saudi arabia. your argument is invalid because witsel and berg play there because they're getting a huge salary while fetfatzidis has been playing there because of his inability to crack into a good team and his lazyness to play competitive football. 

• Like it 1

I really doubt that Fetfatzidis can't crack a team in say Belgium. The problem is no one really knows why he plays there. Sure the money would be good. But it's not like he wasn't earning enough playing for Olympiakos. Maybe it's the laziness. Hopefully that is not the case. Gianniotas atleast is playing in Europe. We really haven't got depth apart from centre back. Something needs to change and it needs to change quick. This is what I believe has done damage to us by not making the World Cup. 

• Like it 1

who cares in the end of the day for gianniotas. we all know he is not nt material and happens to be around coz of our lack of depth. at least we agree on that, he's too far away from this level yet. 

Well I'm eager to know who is at international level with our players. With your argument most of our players are not international level. I know for sure Tziolis shouldn't be playing. Surely Skibbe knows that Pelkas can play on the wing. I'm not sure why he never chose him during the campaign. What does he see in Vellios, Diamantakos and Tziolis? I believe Gianniotas is a good player. I say that because he was breath of fresh air to watch and see an actual winger do what a winger is suppose to do. The reason to why he doesn't play is based on luck. You can't say he is not good, but we are all entitled to our opinions as I am sure Gianniotas can offer us something from the bench. 

Is the only point of this thread just to keep repeating the same tired argument? We know exactly why Fetfatzidis plays where he does. He's too lazy and undisciplined to cut it in a competitive league. There's a reason why every coach he had at Oly kept him on the bench...and why he flopped at Genoa (and Chievo).

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Well I'm eager to know who is at international level with our players. With your argument most of our players are not international level. I know for sure Tziolis shouldn't be playing. Surely Skibbe knows that Pelkas can play on the wing. I'm not sure why he never chose him during the campaign. What does he see in Vellios, Diamantakos and Tziolis? I believe Gianniotas is a good player. I say that because he was breath of fresh air to watch and see an actual winger do what a winger is suppose to do. The reason to why he doesn't play is based on luck. You can't say he is not good, but we are all entitled to our opinions as I am sure Gianniotas can offer us something from the bench. 

ok i will ask one final question. why does he play in an average second division spanish league team if he's a good player? we aint reaching the world cup with players like this one. 

Fetfatzidis went to Saudi Arabia solely because of the money!!!! tax free american dollars !!! I dont understand how people cant comprehend that..... the same reason why other stars go to the united states, asian countries and even the likes of Russia and Ukraine whom by the way were not even competitive 10 years back!!!! Fetfa has the skill and if Skibbe has half a brain he will give him a shot!!!. 

• Like it 2

Adding exclamation points does not prove a point. Fetfatzidis is exactly at the level he was destined to be.

1 hour ago, Kama7 said:

Fetfatzidis went to Saudi Arabia solely because of the money!!!! tax free american dollars !!! I dont understand how people cant comprehend that..... the same reason why other stars go to the united states, asian countries and even the likes of Russia and Ukraine whom by the way were not even competitive 10 years back!!!! Fetfa has the skill and if Skibbe has half a brain he will give him a shot!!!. 

with the only difference that he went there in the age of 25 while the superstars go ot qatar, china or the us at the age of 35 or so.

maybe vasilakakis of atromitos deserves a call up? he scores beautiful goals week in and week out and his team are only 2 points behind leading side olympiakos. id definitely give him a chance in some friendly game.

I cant blame a footballer for following the money...... the kid has played great and delivered for his team irrespective of the league...based on that merit alone he deserves an inclusion to the greek squad  instead of playing out of form benchwarmers...... He is good enough for the national team no doubt ..... should there be that one doubt,  give him a shot to play in a friendly and then make a conclusion..... Holebas is captaining his team in the premiership and hes not even getting a chance which leads me to believe that the coach has his favorites or an ego.... enough with the favoritism ... these are professionals from coaches to players ...... in form and talented players are a must!