Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

I think it’s fair to say most of us on here have some optimism after the team played two very good games against one great team and one good team..I also think it’s fair to say it’s not a surprise we played our best games without Manolas and Socrates which indicates me there mind set is a problem for the NT.. What happens now if we play our next two games like s%$#! does that mean the small sample size was just luck and we are back at square one when we thought we were headed in the right direction? I will be very disappointed and discouraged if we don’t come out and dominate in our last two games and get 6 points.. Hopefully JVS philosophy will keep working and keep making the team better and better each game as we prepare for a very difficult World Cup qualifications..  Let’s just hope JVS and the team can take it to the next level and this wasn’t just a one off that we played so well.

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, J1078 said:

I think it’s fair to say most of us on here have some optimism after the team played two very good games against one great team and one good team..I also think it’s fair to say it’s not a surprise we played our best games without Manolas and Socrates which indicates me there mind set is a problem for the NT.. What happens now if we play our next two games like s%$#! does that mean the small sample size was just luck and we are back at square one when we thought we were headed in the right direction? I will be very disappointed and discouraged if we don’t come out and dominate in our last two games and get 6 points.. Hopefully JVS philosophy will keep working and keep making the team better and better each game as we prepare for a very difficult World Cup qualifications..  Let’s just hope JVS and the team can take it to the next level and this wasn’t just a one off that we played so well.

I think everyone is thinking the same way. We have to continue our good momentum. If we don’t get to the next level than I hope we at least play the same way we did against Bosnia going forward. Lots of positives in that game. Question is who will get the call up? 

To me Hatzidiakos, Limnios, Galanopoulos and Pavlidis all did well. They should be playing again. Kourbelis has a place now in midfield. I do question if under pressure how he would do but nonetheless he deserves a starting spot. 

• Like it 1

Squad for the matches against Armenia and Finland announced, as expect Vasiliadis called up for the first time. Mavrias has also been recalled. No Sokratis and Manolas again, which JVS had mentioned would happen. 

Μπάρκας, Βλαχοδήμος, Πασχαλάκης, Μπακάκης, Γιαννούλης, Σιόβας, Τσιμίκας, Κούτρης, Σταφυλίδης, Μαυρίας, Χατζηδιάκος, Λαμπρόπουλος, Κουρμπέλης, Ζέκα, Μπουχάλακης, Βασιλειάδης, Γαλανόπουλος, Μάνταλος, Κουλούρης, Μπακασέτας, Παυλίδης, Δώνης, Λημνιός, Φετφατζίδης, Μασούρας.

• Like it 2

12 hours ago, Dean97 said:

The team is more or less the same. I was waiting to see new untested names. It doesn’t matter now hopefully this is a winning team. 

You don’t want to change to much after our last 2 games which were arguably our best two games in years. You want to stick with a similar line up with the exception of a few and see if we can build on those games and continue forward.. I like the call ups. 

• Like it 2

25 minutes ago, J1078 said:

You don’t want to change to much after our last 2 games which were arguably our best two games in years. You want to stick with a similar line up with the exception of a few and see if we can build on those games and continue forward.. I like the call ups. 

Definitely especially the way we played the last match vs Bosnia. If the team shows the same attacking play, ball movement and pressing than Greece should get six points and this will help us move up the FIFA rankings but most importantly it will help the morale of the team going forward. 

People are saying there have been reports that Socratis said the NT doesn't fill his bank account.. If that's the case then he can go F....k himself as we have looked better without him these last two games then we have with him. I would never call him again. If these comments are true then this explains a lot and why he would be a cancer in the dressing room. You don't play on the NT for a paycheck you play for pride.

• Thanks 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic